What are you reading?

Dippy3103

sugar2 said:
I am a detective fiction lover...just finished "blue Genes by Val McDermid"...and currently ploughing through a few nagazines that my MIL hands me down...good housekeeping or some such at the moment. before my weekend visit to the library.

I take my hat of to people who can read more than one thing at once...I often start about 3 books, but will only end up reading one.

Thats what i do- i read for enjoyment so if after a good few chapters, i don't get into it i don't finish the book. I have a bit of a pile of books that i need to get around to reading.

I have read all of the Adrian Mole books- when he was an agonised 13 3/4 so was i so i fell that Adrain and i have grown up together!

Ts, tsk Ken- you are tunring into a bit of a rebel!

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Dippy3103 said:
Ts, tsk Ken- you are tunring into a bit of a rebel!

D.
I've always been a rebel........WYSIWYG...... :twisted: :wink:

raineuk

Its been over a year since I read a book and it was by David Gemmel, fantasy fiction. Unfortunately he passed away a few years back. Lost a great author.

Dippy3103

There is a series of Terry Pratchett books called Nightwatchmen, or something similar. Has anyone read them and are they page turners? Not read Pratchett for years.

meisonlyme

I've just finished reading Lee Child's '61 hours' excellent book, as are all of his (or so I find anyway).

Just started a book by Sophie Hannah called 'a room swept white' which is billed as a psychological crime novel. I have enjoyed the other books of hers that I have read which are of the same genre and this one so far is turning out to be just as enjoyable.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Dippy3103 said:
There is a series of Terry Pratchett books called Nightwatchmen, or something similar. Has anyone read them and are they page turners? Not read Pratchett for years.

D.
I think you are meaning one of the books from the DiscWorld series about the Nightwatch ? See here:

http://www.harpercollins.com/features/p ... 0060013127

Sam Vimes and others, Nobby etc.......they are involved in many of the books in the DiscWorld series. Every one is a gem and Pratchett crafts humourous parodies of real life in the series. A fantastic read, a fantastic Author.

I recommend anybody with a wicked sense of humour to buy these books. The first one I bought was for my Son aged about 11 yrs.......he hated it, I started to read it......'Soul Music.' I couldn't put it down as one of my interests is Music too. From that day on I was hooked, I have every book he has ever written....... :D Forget Harry Potter etc.......this man is a genius.

DiscWorld Books........

http://www.harpercollins.com/features/p ... sting.aspx

cugila

Master
Dislikes
Dippy3103 said:
I think I might ask the big man in red in my annual letter. I have been a very good girl this year. Ish.

That's not what I heard.......... :wink:

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
cugila said:
:shock: ......... Aye pickin. :D. Fit like

Sorry D......It wasna me that derailed this thread........ :(

So where are the refs? :shock: :blowswhistle: ... :lol: :lol: :wink:

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Fit a stramash !! :lol: I didna ken there wis so mony Neasters aboot. :lol:

Onyway, foo's aboot getting back tae the bookies abodies readin ? :lol: :lol:

viv1969

meisonlyme said:
I've just finished reading Lee Child's '61 hours' excellent book, as are all of his (or so I find anyway).

Just started a book by Sophie Hannah called 'a room swept white' which is billed as a psychological crime novel. I have enjoyed the other books of hers that I have read which are of the same genre and this one so far is turning out to be just as enjoyable.

LOVE Lee Child. His Jack Reacher character is fabulous.
He writes great American novels for a guy from the UK!

candi-girl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm reading 'Skin Privilege' by Karin Slaughter. It's a series of books, they are very good and a bit gruesome.

SHESCOOBY

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Liars
Well I am reading the Twilight Saga's at the mo and what a great set of books I am reading New Moon and cant put it down lol

I am also a Sophie Kinsella fan her books are brilliant and funny!

And I love Stephen King :D

The recent best ones I have read also are WAR HORSE brilliant and Angels in my Hair I was given this one by a friend when my brother sudden passed away at 39yrs Last year it was a comfort thats for sure :)

Kaz
x

diet.fatima

i love to read the psychritis & social books especially for jhon jray like :
how to get what you want and what you have !!

mars and venus together for ever !!

good luck for all ,,,

Rushy

OK.. Finished the Monty Panesar Biog, Now moved onto the follwing:
"Lure the tiger out of the mountains" (How to apply the 36 strategems of ancient China to the modern world). by Gao Yuan.