what do you eat before bed?

victoria84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guy had my lowest reading last night before i went to bed at 5.5 i thought cheese on 1 burgen toast would have been ok but when i got up this morning reading was 9.8. im thinking this snack is not best for me :crazy: Could people give me ideas please?

thanks

qbix

I tend not to eat anything before bed, provided I am above 5. I am still in the honeymoon phase so I am stable overnight and my BG doesn't change too much over night. I'm sure that will change with time though.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

victoria84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i usually drop around 2 or 3 during the night. i have not experienced my first hypo yet :shock: and was told not to go to bed less than 7.

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was told not to go to bed less than 8, but as my overnight BG is stable I choose to allow myself to be at 6.5 or over.

If I'm a bit low before sleep I have a small scotch pancake with butter :)

victoria84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
havnt had a scotch panvake for years so ill look forward to giving them a try :)

i wonder why dsns give different blood levels

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I often make them myself and freeze them, but you can buy the packets which have the nutritional info on them which is helpful of knowing how much carb is too much etc

victoria84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i would prefer to make my own could you give me your recipe please?

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
0.5 lb flour
2 oz caster sugar
0.5 tsp baking powder
2 eggs
Half pint milk

Mix the flour sugar and baking powder

In a different bowl whisk eggs and milk together. Slowly add this to sugar/flour mixture and stir until smooth.

To cook them, a little oil on a frying pan and a low heat. Add a drop in at a time (I can fit 2/3 per pan, depends on size etc) turn when see the bubbles start to pop. This bit is a little trial and error!

Simple as that :)

I'm sorry it's not in g and kg..... I learnt it from my mother lol I can't remember carb value off the top of my head per pancake (it's back home in my recipe book) but I think it's around 9 - 12g