What do you eat on holiday?

welovedzig

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
We pass the site every day on our dog walks down the access lane to the river. Booths is where we mainly shop, and yes, it is expensive for some items, but a lovely shop. We go elsewhere for the outrageously priced stuff! We have lived here over 40 years.
And, of course, you can get a free coffee there!

Reactions: Bluetit1802

welovedzig

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Cowman's are great - you can get a 'menu' showing what baddies there are in the sausages and ring up to book a big order. I like it when they have the hot samples out, not been for ages, have been trying Heck etc. recently.

welovedzig

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
No I haven't. How many carbs has it?
Hi Janet, apologies for the delay, our loose GI bread has the following ingredients & nutrition:

Ingredients: Wheat Flour [Fortified Wheat Flour (Calcium Carbonate, Iron, Thiamin, Niacin)], Multiseed Bread Mix [Fortified Wheat Flour (Calcium Carbonate, Iron, Thiamin, Niacin), Sunflower Seeds, Linseed, Oats, Pumpkin Seeds, Rye Flour, Wheat Gluten, Sugar, Wheat Bran, Burnt Sugar, Salt, Emulsifiers: Mono- and diacetyltartaric acid esters of mono- and diglycerides of fatty acids; Soya Lecithin, Wheat Flour Malted, Acid: Ascorbic Acid, Anti-Caking Agent: Calcium Silicate, Processing Aids: Enzyme(s); Lactic Acid Bacteria], Water, Yeast [Yeast, Stabiliser: Xanthan Gum].

Nutrition - Typical values per 100g as sold
Energy
1105 kJ / 262 kcal
Fat
7.2 g
of which saturates
0.97 g
Carbohydrates
36.9 g
of which sugars
1.7g
Fibre
4.5 g
Protein
10.6 g
Salt
0.78 g

Please let us know if you need anymore assistance
1f642.png
Thanks, The Booths Team
03/10/2016 16:43
ta
Chat conversation end

Type a message...

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Janet, apologies for the delay, our loose GI bread has the following ingredients & nutrition:

Ingredients: Wheat Flour [Fortified Wheat Flour (Calcium Carbonate, Iron, Thiamin, Niacin)], Multiseed Bread Mix [Fortified Wheat Flour (Calcium Carbonate, Iron, Thiamin, Niacin), Sunflower Seeds, Linseed, Oats, Pumpkin Seeds, Rye Flour, Wheat Gluten, Sugar, Wheat Bran, Burnt Sugar, Salt, Emulsifiers: Mono- and diacetyltartaric acid esters of mono- and diglycerides of fatty acids; Soya Lecithin, Wheat Flour Malted, Acid: Ascorbic Acid, Anti-Caking Agent: Calcium Silicate, Processing Aids: Enzyme(s); Lactic Acid Bacteria], Water, Yeast [Yeast, Stabiliser: Xanthan Gum].

Nutrition - Typical values per 100g as sold
Energy
1105 kJ / 262 kcal
Fat
7.2 g
of which saturates
0.97 g
Carbohydrates
36.9 g
of which sugars
1.7g
Fibre
4.5 g
Protein
10.6 g
Salt
0.78 g

Please let us know if you need anymore assistance
1f642.png
Thanks, The Booths Team
03/10/2016 16:43
ta
Chat conversation end

Type a message...

Gosh, excellent response from Booths. Thanks for posting it.

It has far too many carbs for me, almost 37%. Low GI foods don't work for me at all. I tried a low GI/GL way of eating right at the start and might as well not have bothered and eaten white bread. The Lidl rolls are less than 10% carbs, and about 8g per roll with a lot more fibre than that bread.

welovedzig

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Gosh, excellent response from Booths. Thanks for posting it.

It has far too many carbs for me, almost 37%. Low GI foods don't work for me at all. I tried a low GI/GL way of eating right at the start and might as well not have bothered and eaten white bread. The Lidl rolls are less than 10% carbs, and about 8g per roll with a lot more fibre than that bread.
The Lidl ones ARE a lot better - hubby likes the Booths as a 'treat' once a month for burgers, he tests OK the day after but strangely not with the sliced versions :wacky:

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We always did self catering until recently we stayed half board at a hotel in Majorca which served buffet style breakfast and dinner. Then I realised that for me self-catering wasn't a proper holiday at all since I would spend a lot of time shopping, cooking and clearing up. At the hotel we just chose from the wide menu and that was that. And had tapas and seafood for lunch. Freedom!
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/happy-holiday.118938/#post-1433800
However, as an ex-camper I endorse the useful info given here by others.

welovedzig

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
We always did self catering until recently we stayed half board at a hotel in Majorca which served buffet style breakfast and dinner. Then I realised that for me self-catering wasn't a proper holiday at all since I would spend a lot of time shopping, cooking and clearing up. At the hotel we just chose from the wide menu and that was that. And had tapas and seafood for lunch. Freedom!
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/happy-holiday.118938/#post-1433800
However, as an ex-camper I endorse the useful info given here by others.
That would be a lot easier but I am a very fussy eater!!