What do you like most about being a diabetic???

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What about green tea? Or peppermint tea?

Indiana x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
I like gadgets, so I get to play with different meters and stuff,

I have a diabetic girlfriend so the pre-meal competitions to see who has the best BG

It's not all bad!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 6 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Green tea or peppermint, cherry blossom or lap dog. It's all pretty vile stuff & rough to the taste buds.
I'm not normally picky but with tea. That ones tricky....

Reactions: 2 people

runner2009

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
As we say here, 'so many reasons, no can count'. I don't believe I would have as consistently healthy of a life style as I have now without having diabetes.

But for me the most important blessing about having diabetes is for the first time in my life I actually have control of my life long carbohydrate cravings and I am not hungry all the time.

Sent from Runner2009 Burt

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not living my life in a zonked out zombie state any more! I thought this was a sign of old age for which there is no cure - but there is: diabetes and a low carb diet...

Robbity

Caterham

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The positives for me are being 14'10 rather than 18'5, with all the benefits that go with that, and being able to walk 10 miles last Saturday without being too tired or stiff the next day!

RosieDred

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have finally started to deal with my anxieties in the kitchen and I now cook pretty much every day! And I never skip meals anymore.

Oh, and the new (bigger) handbags I had to get because I have to carry so much stuff around with me now.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

NotSoSweet2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rudeness, tv soaps.
I see people writing the whole time how miserable this situation makes them let's try to find something that makes us more optimistic, for example for the first time in my life I'm eating only healthy meals!!
I like the challenge it presents and also the fact that I get to eat a cooked breakfast :)

nick113

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good thing about being dietbetic is u get to control the alcohol well,like me for example, i have a good meal with good control of blood sugar level n insulin and then have 4 pints of larger n am so happy with it as next day dont feel **** n blood sugar level stable.:)

Sent from my GT-S5839i using DCUK Forum mobile app

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
I love the scoring system: getting a HbA1c proves how awesome I have been over the last 3 months.

Reactions: 4 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I love the scoring system: getting a HbA1c proves how awesome I have been over the last 3 months.

I see more as keeping myself together for optimum performance for the next run of gigs... lol

Borofergie, I noticed on you profile you run in the Berlin marathon? (I'm nosey like that.) Great city, i once did a gig in a fetish club in the East side...

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
I see more as keeping myself together for optimum performance for the next run of gigs... lol

Borofergie, I noticed on you profile you run in the Berlin marathon? (I'm nosey like that.) Great city, i once did a gig in a fetish club in the East side...

Not yet. I'm going to run it in September, you'll have to give me a list of all your favourite fetish clubs so that I can get my legs "seen to" after the marathon...

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We got the dog. Unconditional love, a foot warmer AND obligatory exercise.
Brilliant.

Reactions: 4 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not yet. I'm going to run it in September, you'll have to give me a list of all your favourite fetish clubs so that I can get my legs "seen to" after the marathon...

"Club Darkside" was the name.. Full of Harleys..

Just don't let em put you up in the old "Eastern block".. The beds where like something out of a Dickensian asylum..!