What do you like most about being a diabetic???

Dzialo

I see people writing the whole time how miserable this situation makes them let's try to find something that makes us more optimistic, for example for the first time in my life I'm eating only healthy meals!!

Reactions: 11 people

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
I dislike like lots about diabetes but I still think we're special :)

Reactions: 7 people

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
It doesn't make me miserable, not like some of the other stuff I've dealt with. I see being diabetic as a challenge which at the moment, I quite "enjoy". :cool: :bag:

Cupcaake32

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Dubstep made in chelsea
Having food in exams and class was always fun free prescriptions * although i notice my ni tax is only 3 or 4p less than my paye tax and all the other peoples is at lease 15 quid less bum!!! everything turns negative ummmmmmmmm ill think of something ..........

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Getting my money's worth out of the National Insurance I pay! I rarely went to my GP before this and the free prescriptions are good because they cover other meds, not just my diabetes ones. Loads of downsides though .....

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah, like you, Cupcake, I'm busy thinking about it, I'm sure I'll find something ....
I know, the euphoria after you've recovered from a bad hypo? No, maybe that doesn't count! Think again, Luz! ;):rolleyes:

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I like having an excuse to give other people. When healthy with no excuse I was often the chauffeur of other people, the handyman if they couldn't do a particular thing and went to some gatherings that I would have rather not gone to. Nowadays if I say, "Sorry, I am diabetic" the listener looks confused and goes somewhere else.

Eating is more pleasant since I have to indulge myself with real food and as much of it as I choose. To begin with this looked like a problem since I tried to comply with NHS advice. Don't worry everyone I am over that now.

Reactions: 8 people

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Using it as an excuse not to do things.
My mates play a lot of drinking games and things, I play the diabetes card to get out of doing dirty shots and things :)

Indiana x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
All you people I have met on here. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 4 people

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
The motivation it has given me to exercise each and everyday. Prior to diagnosis I could go months without doing any form of exercise , now I can't go a day without it.

Reactions: 2 people

julie56

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Angry people and liver!
Ditto to Cblake and being a size 12 again and choosing new clothes!!

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
for example for the first time in my life I'm eating only healthy meals!!

If diabetes prompts you to make the changes that you should have made and if there has not been a lot of damage, yes, it can be a welcome shove in the back. I started making changes, quitting smoking and cooking better before I got diabetes as I had gotten into a terrible state. On diagnosis I doubled my efforts and improved the foodstuffs and started taking exercise and now I am much better than I was many years ago, before diagnosis.

But I should have done it earlier. At least I think I have been lucky to get away with little damage.

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
Re-focussed on my "diet" and what/when I was eating. Has helped enormously towards healthy eating.
I'm not full of thanks for anything else re:diabetes BUT I do so enjoy the posts from co-members in the forum. I've had many a good laugh which brightens my day.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 3 people

Beshlie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Healthy eating and taking more care of myself in general....I just wish it wasn't because of diabetes though!

Reactions: 3 people

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't have to use made-up excuses any more when people try to force me to eat carbs.

kesun

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
"Gosh, I'd love to try that delicious-looking cake/pudding/pasta bake/fruit punch, it looks so tempting, but I'm afraid I can't because I'm diabetic" :)