What do you miss the most before becoming diabetic?

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
For those of you talking about afternoon tea - I did a keto cream tea the other day - Welshcakes made with coconut flour and the usual spices for the scones, strawberry chia seed jam and super thick cream.

It was lovely, and something I thought I’d never be able to enjoy again :)

https://pescatarianketoformytype1diabetes.wordpress.com/2018/04/27/an-actual-cream-tea/
Thank you for posting the link, @Mel dCP - I like your site! The cream tea looks fab and it's given me an idea for my mum's 88th birthday. She loves afternoon tea (pretty napkins, china, clotted cream, the lot) but is also a T2. I'm going to try @Rachox's scone recipe (if I haven't done a cat burglar on @Goonergal's stash of Lidl rolls) and your Welshcakes.

Reactions: Rachox

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I miss my freedom of having to eat anything I want and enjoying life to the full without any worry or anxiety!

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Thank you for posting the link, @Mel dCP - I like your site! The cream tea looks fab and it's given me an idea for my mum's 88th birthday. She loves afternoon tea (pretty napkins, china, clotted cream, the lot) but is also a T2. I'm going to try @Rachox's scone recipe (if I haven't done a cat burglar on @Goonergal's stash of Lidl rolls) and your Welshcakes.
Thanks, Sue :) the recipe for little lemon cakes (with proper weights rather than cups!) is on my 20th anniversary post if that’s something your mum might like. I’m a big fan of pretty plates and doilies too, bought a lovely couple of “old lady plates” in a charity shop yesterday!

Reactions: porl69

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
It was that long ago AND I was soo young I can only remember being a diabetic (6 years old).

Reactions: Rokaab

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It was that long ago AND I was soo young I can only remember being a diabetic (6 years old).
Same here, I was diagnosed when I was 2, and although not quite as long ago as you, it's not far behind.

Reactions: porl69