Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
It looks like a perfect day.
It was!
And it got even better because I just found out my neighbour in my garden is building a fire and is going to be grilling spare ribs and other things over it, and I'm invited!
Very happy I hadn't gotten round to eating since I got home. :D

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Just had an e-mail from my SIL - my brother was alert today and speaking through a device in his tracheostomy, complained that it's taking too long! That's a great sign and will make him push himself further towards recovery. He's also using his Kindle now, so will be taking an interest in the world - another good sign.

My other SIL had surgery on her ankle yesterday morning. She is expected to remain in hospital for 6 weeks but then, it isn't clear what her future holds. There is a question about being able to go back to her flat where she lives on her own, unless the local authority can provide a care package for her. They couldn't for her elder sister a few weeks ago.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And sailing spam, as to not derail the other thread. We had a lovely day, very quiet and we heard birds everywhere! :)

Here's my friend and her mum.
279627598_10225460680098257_9176734655774539984_n.jpg

Why is it that in pictures of others, you just see the person and how much you like them, and in pictures of yourself you mainly see you're fat?
Ridiculous, isn't it?
279350465_10225460680418265_6957134057258786485_n.jpg

We had constant wind shifts all day, this is a picture of a very rare moment where the wind came from right behind and we could catch it with a sail on each side. :)
279311899_10225460683378339_7610427016362914494_n.jpg

With all that coffee and tea we had, a break was very welcome!
279347828_10225460682938328_5939676697004050386_n.jpg

That's a very pretty little boat, @Antje77

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
That's a very pretty little boat, @Antje77
It's a Valk (falcon), the most used boat in sailing schools and camps.

This one belongs to a sailing school where they rent them out as well, and they have a deal where you pay 220 euros a year and you can use one for day trips whenever you want. :)

Renting one costs 90 euros a day, so it only takes 3 sailing days a year to pay off!
More importantly, this means going for a trip for a few hours is easily decided on,no need for the circumstances being perfect because it's expensive.
I'm very happy with this deal!

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's a Valk (falcon), the most used boat in sailing schools and camps.

This one belongs to a sailing school where they rent them out as well, and they have a deal where you pay 220 euros a year and you can use one for day trips whenever you want. :)

Renting one costs 90 euros a day, so it only takes 3 sailing days a year to pay off!
More importantly, this means going for a trip for a few hours is easily decided on,no need for the circumstances being perfect because it's expensive.
I'm very happy with this deal!
That's a great scheme

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Legs awful today making walking at all very difficult and risky. I took Co-codamol but it hasn't helped at all. I should take the antibiotics that the GP prescribed for me, but the notes with it caution against taking it when taking Paracetemol. Co-codamol. of course, contains Paracetemol. We do have Codeine and Neil suggested that I try an equivalent dose of that instead of Co-codamol. I did, but it hasn't helped at all and I still haven't taken the Flucloxacillin.

Zhnyaka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Homophobia, racism, sexism
Why is it that in pictures of others, you just see the person and how much you like them, and in pictures of yourself you mainly see you're fat?
Ridiculous, isn't it?
279347828_10225460682938328_5939676697004050386_n.jpg

Yes, no one criticizes us more than we do . I don't like myself in photos but when I look at your photo, I see how charming you are

Zhnyaka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
May I share the good news too? I rode a horse today for the first time in my life. It was amazing, especially when the horse trotted

Reactions: Speedbird

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Had my cabbage and bacon. Just got it off the hob before it burned. Neil had gone to his room and didn't reappear for hours, so I had to manage by myself. Maybe Maglil was right and this is some kind of virus - the rest of my body is now sore - just the skin over most of it, but all my joints are pretty bad too. Having taken just the Codeine without any improvement, I didn't feel that I could then take Co-codamol. So just waited it out. Fell asleep - that's the Codeine effect and have just woken up. Now I'll take some Co-codamol and make my way to bed. Neil did appear while I was eating my food, but has disappeared again. This probably means that he's feeling bad as well. He never complains but I know he has times when he feels pretty bad himself. At least Em and Co are home from the wedding so, if we're really in trouble, I can always call on Alistair.

For tonight, I'll just have some Co-codamol and get to bed and hope for better times starting tomorrow.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Up at 3.45 am and thought it would be a good time to take the first of the antibiotics since my stomach was empty (it's one of those ones you have to take on an empty stomach). The capsule was one of those ones with a dissolving casing and lots of little balls of the drug itself inside. I could actually feel and taste it dissolving in my stomach and then the drug itself was released and I was violently sick again. Hmm. Perhaps I should contact the GP and ask whether to continue. Since the issue is a skin rash, I would have thought that a topically applied antibiotic ointment would have been better anyway. I think I'll wait and see if I hear anything about the e-diagnose service that I sent the photos to.

Meantime I can't put compression hose on - they just take the surface skin off and make it worse. Also shan't take Co-codamol. That means spending more time than usual in my chair. At least my leg joints aren't quite as bad as yesterday.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, no one criticizes us more than we do . I don't like myself in photos but when I look at your photo, I see how charming you are

I've been glad during these last 2 years that we have been required to wear masks when out and about because it covers up the face that I don't particularly want to display to the public. I'm fat, but I can cope with that - it's the bits and pieces of scars on my face that bother me, or rather, it bothers me that they are on public view. Maybe I should take to wearing a veil now that we don't need to wear a face mask.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
We have visitors in the garden! :)
They seem to like it here, they drink from the pond and are happy eating with the chickens, and they're not afraid of the dogs either.
I wonder if they'll stay, I like them!

279878156_10225475799396230_1632256255918646087_n.jpg

Reactions: Annb and Zhnyaka

Zhnyaka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I've been glad during these last 2 years that we have been required to wear masks when out and about because it covers up the face that I don't particularly want to display to the public. I'm fat, but I can cope with that - it's the bits and pieces of scars on my face that bother me, or rather, it bothers me that they are on public view. Maybe I should take to wearing a veil now that we don't need to wear a face mask.
One day I realized that people hardly pay attention to others. Once I got an insulin shot while sitting next to a friend in a bar and he didn't notice it. What difference does it make what a passerby thinks about you if he forgets about it after 5 minutes? Think about your comfort. Your scars or your weight don't make you any worse

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
One day I realized that people hardly pay attention to others. Once I got an insulin shot while sitting next to a friend in a bar and he didn't notice it. What difference does it make what a passerby thinks about you if he forgets about it after 5 minutes? Think about your comfort. Your scars or your weight don't make you any worse

That's what I used to think. But a few people have asked me about the scars on my face - particularly the one on the end of my nose where a cancer was cut out. So people are aware of it. I tell myself that it's their problem, not mine, but it doesn't really convince me.

Zhnyaka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
That's what I used to think. But a few people have asked me about the scars on my face - particularly the one on the end of my nose where a cancer was cut out. So people are aware of it. I tell myself that it's their problem, not mine, but it doesn't really convince me.
Tell them that the scar is the trace of the magic horn that you left after you turned from a unicorn into a human, and forget about it. And you're right, their discourtesy is only their problem, not yours. I don't like to shave my legs and when people ask me about the dark and thick hair on my legs, I answer that I am a werewolf :)

Zhnyaka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I didn't eat much today because of stress. My cousin from Ukraine did not respond to my messages for more than a day, and I have already reread all the news about what is happening in their region, and came up with the most terrible scenarios for myself. And then she texted me that she was just busy and couldn't text me because she had a lot to do at work.:mad:
My BG up from 6 to 13 without a single carbohydrate