Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Never heard of whisky flavoured lollies, but then, I never did like alcohol, so wouldn't have noticed if such a thing had been available.
They are still available from from certain stores here, as are chocolate liquers.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It’s a full-on store. Oh no! It’ll be a day’s outing and several trolleys I can see!

I went into the large one near me yesterday. It’s conveniently located in the mall, with the food hall bit right next to the entrance to the tube station, so often pick up a soft drink for the journey home. However, having already filled my bag with new t-shirts and shirts from other stores, nipped upstairs in M&S ‘just to look’ at a t-shirt I’d decided against on the last visit. Exited with 7 t-shirts :hilarious::hilarious:

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I went into the large one near me yesterday. It’s conveniently located in the mall, with the food hall bit right next to the entrance to the tube station, so often pick up a soft drink for the journey home. However, having already filled my bag with new t-shirts and shirts from other stores, nipped upstairs in M&S ‘just to look’ at a t-shirt I’d decided against on the last visit. Exited with 7 t-shirts :hilarious::hilarious:

That’s hilarious!
I have already cleared space in my jumper cupboard....

Reactions: maglil55

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And no food?

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Beat me. I only bought 6 T Shirts.

Reactions: DJC3

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Annb, I can sympathise with your DIL. Mine is the same but her's is physio, acupuncture and sports injuries. She still has rent to pay for her clinic premises and it's cost her a small fortune for PPE, sterilisers and meeting covid requirements for the short time she was permitted to open in the last 15 months. She's gradually building the client base up again.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I got a load of jumpers in the Edinburgh Woolen Mill just before Christmas.

I loved their jumpers, such lovely colours and they wash well. Such a shame they’ve closed now. I meant to stock up too.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
@Annb, I can sympathise with your DIL. Mine is the same but her's is physio, acupuncture and sports injuries. She still has rent to pay for her clinic premises and it's cost her a small fortune for PPE, sterilisers and meeting covid requirements for the short time she was permitted to open in the last 15 months. She's gradually building the client base up again.

Many years ago my brother ran a small engineering business and thought everything was going well when he won a contract with a large firm. Unfortunately, he then had to have heart surgery and while he was recovering, the big firm decided not to pay their bill. He demanded payment, of course, but they simply told him to sue them for it, knowing that a court case would cost more than his business could afford. After a struggle (with other misfortunes adding to the problems), he was made bankrupt. I'm pretty sure that some legislation was passed, not too many years ago, to stop that sort of thing happening, but it seems still that those with some kind of power (financially sound v new business) still get away with it.

Not a good idea to have too many eggs in one basket, as I have been pointing out to DIL.

Of course, due to the covid thing, life has been very hard for most businesses with extra expenses and less opportunity to earn. I hope your DIL manages to get through this hard time and that things will pick up for her.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I loved their jumpers, such lovely colours and they wash well. Such a shame they’ve closed now. I meant to stock up too.
They've reopened. They were saved. I got more online but my local store up near Dobbies has reopened.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
They've reopened. They were saved. I got more online but my local store up near Dobbies has reopened.

Really? That’s good to hear. I fear the one nearest me won’t reopen though - it’s already been taken over by a Pound Shop!

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Really? That’s good to hear. I fear the one nearest me won’t reopen though - it’s already been taken over by a Pound Shop!

Our one hasn't re-opened either. As far as I know, the shop is empty.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I got in touch with the podiatry department at the hospital again and described what was happening with my big toe. They asked me to send in a photo and then, as a result, gave me an appointment for next Wednesday. They also asked if Neil could go in with me so that they could show him how to look after my feet. He's agreed, but he's not too keen. Not sure if that's because he doesn't want to be official foot carer or if he doesn't want to be told what to do. He's not keen on being told how to do anything.

Clearly you have to have something going wrong before you can get an appointment. Can't really understand why they can't just reduce the number of appointments rather than stop them altogether. I think the nail is going to drop off before long and that's why they are willing to see me.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You will get them online if you don't have a shop nearby. Same for you @Annb

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

That’s good to know, I might have a browse later on. I’ve been very restrained recently in the jumper buying dept.
I forgot to mention to you that I bought the book The Wonder to read with my granddaughters after your recommendation a while back. Youngest daughter spotted it while visiting however and asked to borrow it. She said it was brilliant, but I haven’t got it back yet. I’ll have to start nagging.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin

That'll be good to know for the future. Unfortunately, I didn't think of it and bought sufficient sweaters to keep me going from Amazon and Littlewoods.