What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Trying to wean myself off various ‘forbidden’ stuff again. Finished the last of the 85% chocolate, nut butter and cream for breakfast :hilarious: then after a day shopping had a dinner of a small pack of nuts followed by mince fried with onions and 3 eggs. So much more satisfying than the ‘gunk’!

Have discovered that M&S have a new range of sparkling flavoured water with neither sugar nor sweeteners. Have tried 2 flavours, a lemon one and this one - raspberry and blackberry, which is my favourite of the two.

View attachment 50193

Thanks for the M&S heads up. I’ll be looking for that along with the seedy crackers @MrsA2 recommended when I eventually get a lift.

Reactions: maglil55

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the M&S heads up. I’ll be looking for that along with the seedy crackers @MrsA2 recommended when I eventually get a lift.

And the smoked prosciutto and cheese rollitos have a PE value above 1 (just)! The other 2 flavours don’t.

C3142FAE-0339-49C1-9D11-BAF2E6CA8F33.jpeg

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We were doing a boot sale today so started the day off with hemp heart "porridge" or faux-oats with some peanut butter in.
Lunch was bacon medallions, sausage meat and fried eggs with a delicious full fat coffee with dinner being homemade shish kebabs with salad and a Bfree pitta pocket which amazing (having gone two weeks without any bread, it was a welcome change).

All kept below the carbs guidance from my nurse overall. Going away for the night tomorrow so not expecting to be quite as disciplined tomorrow, but will be doing my very best.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We were doing a boot sale today so started the day off with hemp heart "porridge" or faux-oats with some peanut butter in.
Lunch was bacon medallions, sausage meat and fried eggs with a delicious full fat coffee with dinner being homemade shish kebabs with salad and a Bfree pitta pocket which amazing (having gone two weeks without any bread, it was a welcome change).

All kept below the carbs guidance from my nurse overall. Going away for the night tomorrow so not expecting to be quite as disciplined tomorrow, but will be doing my very best.

Good sounding food today. Have a great evening tomorrow.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good to know about that drink @Goonergal . I find it so difficult that our selection of non alcoholic drinks is really only water or tea, neither of which feel celebratory enough for an occasion.

Yesterday
B ff greek with seeds and strawberries
L: cold meats and hummus on lettuce leaves. Did have one stuffed vine leaf.
Tea: neighbours birthday do, took my own lc bites of rhubarb cake and millionaire bite, but still succumbed to real choclate cake. Only ate half a small slice as it didn't taste as good as it looked.
D: burger (no bun) and large glass of wine
Ate very late so no surprise bg was 7 this morning. Whether it was the cake or the late dinner I have no idea

Today
Breakfast, just enough ff greek and strawberries to swallow tablets "with food"
Skipped lunch
D: roast beef, carrots, cabbage and broccoli. Instant gravy. 1 small scoop ice cream with added double cream.

Garden is now producing alpine strawberries and first raspberries, yum

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Todays evening meal was the very last bit of wednesday's fritatta thing, with a garlicky tomato salad and some fried shrimps because the leftovers weren't enough for a full meal :)

Yesterday was the same, except almost all of it went to the dogs. I've learned I'm not 20 anymore when it comes to whisky on an empty stomach, and after returning home from my neighbour and cooking, the stomach made it very clear it preferred to stay empty until I'd slept it off.
The dogs even ate all of the salad, including lots of raw onions! Glad someone enjoyed yesterday's meal, even if it wasn't me!

Tomorrow will be shopping day. Haven't had green beans and marinated pork belly pieces with peanut sauce in a while, so hopefully there are still biological pork belly strips to be had :)

208220620_10223792026582962_4443069995815169194_n.jpg

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Breakfast nut granola and 2x CWC
CWC
Lunch, planned avocado was too unripe to eat so slathered some camembert onto the single slice of toast. Salad. Tea
The tea remained undrunk, while we battled to shift our bed upstairs.
5pm made fresh tea.
MrSlim is reconstructing the bed base , which had to be cut in half to get it up the twisty stone stairs.
Dinner, ready made frozen gratin de poisson, bit like the inside of a fishcake with crispy cheese crumbs on top. Not the fish pie I was expecting. Carrots and Frozen French beans
2 glasses rosé, 3 squares noir at noir chocolate.
Both exhausted and still not able to move into our new bedroom.

Reactions: maglil55

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: roast chicken, one small roast potato, broccoli, green beans and Brussels with gravy made from meat juices thickened with flax, followed by SF raspberry jelly, cream and LC chocolate and ginger granola.
Mid afternoon: coffee chia pudding and black coffee.
Tea at ILs: cold meat, cheese and salad buffet followed by one Jaffa cake!
Off on my holibobs tomorrow so my regular eating plan is being left at home!

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Usual bacon cheese and mushroom omelette, tomatoes for breakfast.
Feeling a bit crook in my guts, so did not have anything for lunch except a coffee.
I had mashed up veggies and gravy for dinner, felt better after eating something.

Reactions: DJC3 and maglil55

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And I'm behind again. School's out for summer though so I'll have more time to myself now. Grandson has done more work with me in 6 months than he's done in two years at school! Unlike the lunatics running thing here, I believe it's more important to be able to read, write and have great skills with numeracy rather than playing all the time.

Monday 21 June - bed 8.2 FBG 7.2. Wasn't feeling great and it was reflected in the BGs. Legs were in a bad way too.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with pate.
L. Nothing
D. Leftover stuffed flank of lamb from yesterday with peas and one of the broccoli/cauliflower souffle things. Must get a shoulder of lamb and try it with that to see if it is just as delicious. Few cherries.

Tuesday 22 June - bed 7.1 FBG 7.2

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with coronation chicken.
L. Nothing
D. Chicken salad with avocado, coleslaw, tomato, mozzarella, veggie salad. Grenade Ice cream bar.

Wednesday 23 June - bed 6.3 FBG 6.8

L. Nothing
D. Repeat of yesterday's chicken salad mix and another grenade ice cream bar.

Thursday 24 June - bed 7.2 FBG 6.9

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with egg mayo.
L. Nothing
D. Another salad - fishy this time. Poached salmon, prawns, mozzarella, tomato, 1/2 avocado, veggie salad. Oppo choc chip ice cream.

Boys were here for dinner and they'd wanted mac & cheese so I'd had to have something different today.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We have had two items go off in the fridge. Both uncooked prepacked poultry, with several days left before use by date.
This really is waste.
I know all about fridge and freezer Issues! My large fridge freezer was driving the engineers up the wall for weeks. I eventually put a thermometer in both sides and discovered it certainly wasn't close to the temperature shown on the front. Touch wood, after them installing hundreds of £s worth of parts (it was insured) it seems to be functioning now.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
b: a vegetarian cooked breakfast in a Waitrose cafe, 1 egg, 1 large mushroom, half a tomato, small spinach, small avocado and haloumi. They'd way overcooked the haloumi so it had gone beyond rubbery into crunchy, but it made a nice base for the egg, like toast almost. Will try recreating that at home sometime

L: some crab pate on M&S super seedy crackers. The latter has been being praised on another fb group and I have had trouble finding any. Very low carb indeed, only 4 g for the whole packet. Just seeds stuck together somehow to be a small cracker but very handy when you need something to hold pate/hummus/cream cheese etc. £1.80 a pack but long life for store cupboard

D: crab pate on lettuce leaves, and even on cheese slices (it was reduced on eat today date!)
Can you post a photo of the super seedy crackers so I can see what the pack looks like please?

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@PenguinMum - I was way further back than you and hopefully I'm about to catch right up again! @Riva_Roxaban - my brother was always reinvigorated with the blood transfusions. He got them once a month. Hopefully, as you said, the effect remains for a while.

Friday 25 June - bed 7.3 FBG 6.9.

I was feeling a bit off again today. Last day of school and the poor P7's didn't get their last day. They all had to be sent home yesterday morning as one of them tested positive for covid so all of them, plus teachers into isolation.

L. Nothing - got the boys home then went for shopping. Also took Hubby on a plant buying spree.
D. Chicken wings with a hot sauce rub and salad stuff again. 1/2 avocado, tomato, veggie salad and mini mozzarella.

Reactions: DJC3 and Annb

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: some mackerel pate on 2 of the GF crispbread slices (11.8 g carb). This time I was determined not to have any extra crispbreads despite still being hungry so I had some bits of ham to fill up a bit more. FBG was 10.5, up to 12.3 before breakfast and still 12.5 after. so not too bad.

I took some minced pork out of the freezer last night, to make some sausage meat, so will have to do that but will not eat it today because I still have some veggie soup left from yesterday, which I will have for my 2nd meal today.

I have developed what appears to be an abscess above my front tooth, although it isn't really very painful, just a slightly tender swelling which hurts a bit when I bite anything, so I phoned the dentist and, amazingly, was given a cancellation at 2.10 this afternoon! I also phoned the optician for an appointment but they can't see me until 09 August. At some stage, I will have to phone the diabetes clinic and see if they have the result of the c-peptide and kidney function blood test from a couple of weeks back.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Saturday 26 June - bed 6.8 FBG also 6.8. No jujitsu today as the instructors are at competitions so I got a lie in until 8 30 am! Got shopping done early as I had eldest grandson later as Mum & Dad were meeting friends for Mum's birthday.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast. One with coronation chicken one with egg mayo.
L. Nothing
D. Made a chicken and sausage pie with mash for Hubby & grandson. I had a broccoli/cauliflower souffle thing, 1/3 cob and peas. I did have a small bit pastry though. Grenade Ice cream bar.

Sunday 27 June - bed 7.1 FBG 6.8 so I didn't suffer too much for the pastry. Swimming lesson day.

B. 2 slices of SLC toast with egg mayo.
L. At swimming lessons.
D. Usual campari and soda. Duck breast with a mix of spinach, broccoli, peas, corn and green beans. 1/2 a roast potato and mushrooms. Grenade Ice cream bar.

46th anniversary today but quite happy to just stay in. I need a few days to recharge my batteries.