"What have you eaten" Parallel Chat

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Some of you will have read about me going to RBH in Brisbane earlier in the year and staying at the the Annexe Apartment there.

This pix was on their Facebook page mentioning a new food place "the Adonis Bar " to go for a meal when you stay. This pix shows what is on offer for the sweet tooth guests, it's definitely not diabetic friendly though.

267736027_4607052039415271_8407522476493007820_n.jpg

Not really a healthy option for anyone, I wouldn't think. Gives a hint about what many people think of as good food though. I hope there is somewhere that you can get something a bit more appropriate for you, when you go there.

Neil gave me a kitchen blow torch for Christmas. I remembered saying that I would like one a long time ago, but I couldn't remember what I wanted to do with it. But I just remembered that I wanted it to burn the skins from bell peppers - we don't have any gas in the house, so can't easily take the skins off when I want to. Now I can.

Reactions: Antje77

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Some of you will have read about me going to RBH in Brisbane earlier in the year and staying at the the Annexe Apartment there.

This pix was on their Facebook page mentioning a new food place "the Adonis Bar " to go for a meal when you stay. This pix shows what is on offer for the sweet tooth guests, it's definitely not diabetic friendly though.

267736027_4607052039415271_8407522476493007820_n.jpg

Loving the syringe of chocolate sauce. :)

Reactions: maglil55

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@maglil55 - I just wanted to let you know this morning, I heard the Baby Shark song for the first time. Am I the last person in the world to have heard it?

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And to complete my trio of posts,..............

This was sent to us by a vicar friend. It tells the story in a very light and musical way. Enjoy!

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
And to complete my trio of posts,..............

This was sent to us by a vicar friend. It tells the story in a very light and musical way. Enjoy!

Love it. It does indeed tell the story of Christmas in a musical and fun way. Thank you very much for posting the link.

Reactions: AndBreathe

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OK. Thanks, probably. I shall now do my best not to remember it.

Ann, I'm fearing it'll be a bit like one of those things you can't un-see.

Hey ho. At least there weren't any rude words.

Oh well. Best got on with my Sous Chefly chores. Veggies, here I come. :happy:

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I hope there is somewhere that you can get something a bit more appropriate for you, when you go there.
Yes there is a Vietnamese food take away place called Mopho, in the Annexe Apartment building.

118125077_112087667284836_2727531923044312547_n.jpg

Reactions: Annb

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Actually ate some chocolate today. There was some Lindt dark chocolate with sea salt left over from the lucky dip and first I ate 2 squares of it this morning then a short time ago I had another shard (it didn't break evenly). I could get to like it! But I mustn't. At least I have roused myself from my torpor sufficiently to fry my skate wings and some spinach. That's not to say I'll eat it. Feeling a bit down today, possibly because I was hoping for some TV worth watching to keep me company. But there's only been "Animal Cops" which, while hopeful can also be a bit depressing.

It's not as if I usually do much at Christmas, other than give and receive presents with the family - my late husband was raised in a sternish Scottish presbyterian family, who did not celebrate Christmas, or birthdays, so it was always a bit subdued. Now it is even more so. Neil is not religious but he fits in with the family ethos and is rather on the stern side but he does give his old mum Christmas and birthday presents and accept those that I give gracefully. Other than that, Christmas doesn't exist for him.

Now that No 2 son has his own family, his attitude to celebrations has relaxed somewhat. He's not bothered himself but is happy to help others celebrate. Of course, it's a bit different this year because Em has realised that both Father Christmas and the tooth fairy are myths. She still likes to celebrate though.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
INCOMING GOAT SPAM!

Three weeks ago one of my two goats suddenly died, so I either had to find the other goat a new friend, or a new house with goats, as he seemed very lonely.
I preferred the latter, but I found out it is very hard to rehome a very friendly and handsome castrated male goat. So I had almost decided to find him a new friend when I thought to pressure my cousin and her family into taking him to keep their 3 female goats and to pigs company. They didn't really want another goat, and a 4 hour drive with a goat was rather daunting too, but in the end we decided it was the best solution if we wanted to be sure he got a good place. :)

I brought him on Christmas eve, and he seemed to enjoy the car ride, looking very interestedly out of the windows and nibbling the cardboard I put in the car!
When we put him in with the other goats and pigs, all the goats were curious and friendly, so I think he'll feel at home in no time!

A surprisingly low carb christmas dinner followed, and way too much wine, we did Christmas karaoke (they are two grownups and four children aged 14 through 20, although one has Down's syndrome and behaves much like a 3 year old) and some dance game where you hold a phone in your hand and have to mimic the movements of a cartoon on the screen, I didn't even know that was possible!
All in all, it was a wonderful day!

Drove back yesterday, very happy to share my christmas dinner only with the dogs and cats, that was quite enough being social to last me for a week! :hilarious:

270062761_10224847996941561_6532773584551793336_n.jpg

270044260_10224847996421548_6813133071770993725_n.jpg

270164053_10224848005061764_7426793343944510856_n.jpg

270122535_10224848001741681_7252101463229654403_n.jpg

Reactions: Erin