Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday was bullet coffee for breakfast
Absolutely no hunger for lunch
A snack of almonds and cheese about 4
And chicken salad at dinner
Readings around 5.3 all day

hmm, that might not help halting weight loss though...

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast bacon scrambled eggs
Lunch heathy tuna and cheese savoury from deli - all I could taste was mayonnaise. Not nice.
Dinner out to cinema and rushing when got in so had slow cooker beef stew with swede and few carrots in it and tablespoon of peas and a very naughty frozen Yorkshire pudding. Did 25 minutes peddling 6.1 at 1hr. Hopefully lower at 2.

At 2hrs I got 7.2 ( yikes) 6.5 and 6.2 so I guess I'll take the 6.5. Interesting that the peak wasn't at 1hr which I'd sort of assumed it would be being a fast acting floury carb. Something to mark down as very rare treat.

5.7 at 3hrs.

As the Yorkshire Pudding was frozen, it probably helped. (Remember the "Trust Me I'm a Doctor" programme? Pretty much talking about resistant starch and the impact of reheating?)

Just a potential?

alliebee

hmm, that might not help halting weight loss though...

No but I can't stop losing now..so trying to play with carbs a very few more. Larger portions of veg. I can't eat more protein now without bg readings going up. So ....it has to be fat intake. Salmon dressings. Olive oil. Ect ect....I lost my 2 stone so fast!!!! And now I'm 5lbs under. Its not easy on this lchf to stop losing! Any tips welcome. I'm not a bit fan of nuts. I'm eating avocados too

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
As the Yorkshire Pudding was frozen, it probably helped. (Remember the "Trust Me I'm a Doctor" programme? Pretty much talking about resistant starch and the impact of reheating?)

Just a potential?

Yes I do find I'm better with frozen reheated carbs. Given there were gravy granules in the stew and carrots and I had it with peas, I'm not too despondent and will probably have another one some day if pushed for time. By 2 1/2 hrs I was at 5.7 after a cuppa so it wasn't that bad for a one off.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No but I can't stop losing now..so trying to play with carbs a very few more. Larger portions of veg. I can't eat more protein now without bg readings going up. So ....it has to be fat intake. Salmon dressings. Olive oil. Ect ect....I lost my 2 stone so fast!!!! And now I'm 5lbs under. Its not easy on this lchf to stop losing! Any tips welcome. I'm not a bit fan of nuts. I'm eating avocados too

Cheese. Cheese and more cheese. Homemade coleslaw with red cabbage, a carrot and some red onion, lots of creamy mayo with your lunch. If you like celeriac, you can make a remoulade with lots of mayo and mustardy dressing. Lamb rather than chicken; eat lamb chops. Bit more dark chocolate?

Reactions: 6 people

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
What about mayonnaise Allie? I love it and it is very calorific. I like to get a really good one with free range eggs and either rapeseed or olive oil - or, you could make your own! Egg mayonnaise makes a great filling meal too. The bullet coffee is a good one, but I think you already do that don't you?
Other ideas:
cheese, cream, olives, sausage, bacon, pork scratchings, seeds, eggs, cocoa, coconut milk/cream, dark chocolate (saved the best til last!)

Reactions: 2 people

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Also, if your not a fan of nuts, have you tried pistachios? They are not as nutty as most nuts!

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
and they are the least allergenic of all nuts. but make sure you chew them really well

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm eating gallons of Hellman's Real Mayo (no carbs). I dip cheese in it, I make a 2 egg-mayonnaise with a salad, I have it on a slice of garlic bread (does nothing to my BS), I dip button mushrooms in it, I even dip cherry toms in it. I have it every day with something or other. Hubby doesn't like it, and can't believe how many jars I get through on my own.

Reactions: 4 people

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
Hi I have just had a Heinz lentil soup all 400 grams of it with Hi-lo brown toast ----OUCH. BS went from 6.3 to 11.4 in one hour. Its the soup.

alliebee

Cheese. Cheese and more cheese. Homemade coleslaw with red cabbage, a carrot and some red onion, lots of creamy mayo with your lunch. If you like celeriac, you can make a remoulade with lots of mayo and mustardy dressing. Lamb rather than chicken; eat lamb chops. Bit more dark chocolate?

Great great advice :)

alliebee

What about mayonnaise Allie? I love it and it is very calorific. I like to get a really good one with free range eggs and either rapeseed or olive oil - or, you could make your own! Egg mayonnaise makes a great filling meal too. The bullet coffee is a good one, but I think you already do that don't you?
Other ideas:
cheese, cream, olives, sausage, bacon, pork scratchings, seeds, eggs, cocoa, coconut milk/cream, dark chocolate (saved the best til last!)

Choccie and mayo and red wine here I come!!! ( dives in...) cheese plates. May set up camp in village deli. He adores giving samples out and seeing my face more than the sales I think. I got enough cheese plus samples to last a week! Er or 2 days. Lol

alliebee

A lesson. Last week I bought a new line of chilled curry sauce from my deli. Massive feedback. Great reviews. I made a lovely dansak ( chicken) with it. Was sublime. It had ingredients on but no label for cals carbs ect. I shot up to 10. Lesson learned. No sugar in I found by ringing local firm that makes. But lentils. 4 different kinds. Wonderful. Moral of story. Test test and test again. Before eating and 1 and 2 hours after for new foods

Reactions: 6 people

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
Yep, always check the carb amounts on the labels. Tinned soups can be very dangerous.
Hi Bluetit thanks for advice. I have now tested an hour later so now its two hours since my soup and I have tested at 6.7. In the last half hour I have eaten some almonds and some olives. Any ideas?

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
Just too many carbs for me.....need to watch your carb content
Thanks Allibee But two hours later its gone back down to 6.7. All I have had is a handful of almonds and some olives

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Bluetit thanks for advice. I have now tested an hour later so now its two hours since my soup and I have tested at 6.7. In the last half hour I have eaten some almonds and some olives. Any ideas?

Returning to 6.7 at 2 hours is good, it shows something inside your body is working well. I must add, however, that if you are going to test out a meal you must not eat anything else within that 2 hour period or it will skew the results.

(The spike over 5mmol/l at 1 hour is not good though, especially as it took you to double figures. You were lucky you came down so quickly).

Status
Not open for further replies.