What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
And now you are a cat person. Understandable!

Shih tzus no 1 (and soon to be 2) get raw dog food. Possibly not their first choice ;) But it's the only choice they get. :)

Lol. Mum's two got cooked chicken ( no daughter you can't have that cold chicken leg in the fridge as one of the doggies might want a snack later!) or breast of lamb etc. i cant imagine them even sniffing raw food let alone eating it.

Reactions: 6 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
'Ands off! She's mine!

I may be willing to share the odd photo. But that's as far as my shareage will go.

Well, she's nominally Mr B's too, but just because we pay lip service to that idea, doesn't mean that it has any foundation in reality.

They are fantastic dogs and way more smart than most people would imagine :)

Good choice :)

Reactions: 4 people

Blessedarethecheesemakers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done on the weight loss! Can I ask how many carbs do you aim for?

Thanks Pavlovsdog! I just try to eat as few as possible - perhaps 25-30g a day? My carbs are generally all from veg and some dairy. I used to count carbs when I first went on a low carb diet a couple of years back but now I have a feel for where they are I don't count them any more. I don't eat fruit, which helps (I realised I never particularly liked fruit and only ever ate it because I thought I was being healthy) and I limit my intake of carbier veg like squash and beetroot (I don't eat other root veg such as carrot or parsnip because I don't particularly like them - would rather save my carbs for elsewhere!) and I try to avoid sweetcorn and peas and I do keep an eye on my nut intake as I am a nut MONSTER given half a chance, but everything else I eat to the quantities I want. I have a LOT of weight to lose so am really happy to have found a way of eating that feels like my body is working with rather than struggling against.

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
:D

Am over the hump. Latest readings 9.3 and 9.2.

@alliebee yes, it was delish. Not to be repeated though. Ever.

Here she is:
7 week old shih tzu pup.
Sorry about the bad quality of pic. Ipad camera. Bad light. And me rushing (she was barely still for a sec!)
View attachment 9584

Aww! What a cutie! My sister's just got one too, called her Poppy for the centenary :)

Reactions: 2 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks Pavlovsdog! I just try to eat as few as possible - perhaps 25-30g a day? My carbs are generally all from veg and some dairy. I used to count carbs when I first went on a low carb diet a couple of years back but now I have a feel for where they are I don't count them any more. I don't eat fruit, which helps (I realised I never particularly liked fruit and only ever ate it because I thought I was being healthy) and I limit my intake of carbier veg like squash and beetroot (I don't eat other root veg such as carrot or parsnip because I don't particularly like them - would rather save my carbs for elsewhere!) and I try to avoid sweetcorn and peas and I do keep an eye on my nut intake as I am a nut MONSTER given half a chance, but everything else I eat to the quantities I want. I have a LOT of weight to lose so am really happy to have found a way of eating that feels like my body is working with rather than struggling against.

I know what you mean about fruit! The joy of not having to force another apple down because 'they're good for you'! Im not eating root veg ( not been a big fan of veg either!), but need to increase my veg intake tbh. I have a lot of weight to lose too (BMI = 43) but am struggling to keep carbs below 50. I think its because I've developed a serious addiction to yoghurt, cream, berries and OATS :-o It will pass in time I hope....I will have a rethink once the festivities are over and I can focus on my eating plan properly.

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Avocado
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1418721758.860097.jpg
with prawns following a bumper crop from my tree this year.

Reactions: 19 people

Blessedarethecheesemakers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Me today:

B: 2 boiled eggs
L: veg frittata, salad of lettuce and tomatoes, goats cheese. Some almonds.
D: roast chicken, salad of lettuce, tomato, cucumber, spring onion, aioli.

Pavlovsdog my BMI is 45, but it was 48 at the beginning of October so progress is being made. I have never really got into yoghurt as part of a low carb diet, which is probably a good thing as it might be a bit of a slippery slope for me. I've always tolerated veg but now I actively enjoy it - one thing that helped was getting a veg box that made me try different things that I wouldn't normally pick up off a shelf such as cabbage which is my go-to meal bulker (sautéed in butter), and introduced me to different squashes.

alliebee

Or rather what haven't I eaten yet...visitors brought me home made Artisan chicken and mushroom pies from Oundle. Which used to be my favourite..just debating whether to use up my carb allowance for the day on one...since losing the weight I'm finding I can tolerate carbs up to around 60g...oh dilemma indeed. I don't have much of a sweet tooth but god these pies used to be to die for....watch this space....

Reactions: 7 people

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
So far today, I have had:

Green tea and lemon. A green smoothy, made from avocado, spinach, cucumber, berries, ginger, lime, flaxseed, coconut oil and almond milk. Was surprisingly quick to do and very refreshing if you use frozen berries. It did taste good, I got a bit bored of almond porridge and wanted to start something new. My insulin resistance is at it's worst in the morning so I cannot tolerate many carbs at all. However, my results after the smoothy did not go above 5.6 and were down to 5.3 2 hours after meal. This was with 50g of berries in the smoothy. I am impressed!

Lunch will be chicken and veg broth and tea a Higgidy bacon quiche and cavolo nero cabbage

Reactions: 7 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast scrambled egg 1 teeny slice spelt bread well buttered
Lunch 2 babybel chicken tikka slices soy latte
Dinner off out to carol service so will have chip shop fish, remove most batter and few chips

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Me today:

B: 2 boiled eggs
L: veg frittata, salad of lettuce and tomatoes, goats cheese. Some almonds.
D: roast chicken, salad of lettuce, tomato, cucumber, spring onion, aioli.

Pavlovsdog my BMI is 45, but it was 48 at the beginning of October so progress is being made. I have never really got into yoghurt as part of a low carb diet, which is probably a good thing as it might be a bit of a slippery slope for me. I've always tolerated veg but now I actively enjoy it - one thing that helped was getting a veg box that made me try different things that I wouldn't normally pick up off a shelf such as cabbage which is my go-to meal bulker (sautéed in butter), and introduced me to different squashes.

I find the full fat Fage Greek yoghurt is yummy and because it is full of lovely fat, I'm not tempted to overeat - under normal circumstances! I need to find a substitute for oats

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
B: guess what! Berries, yoghurt, cream and oats :)
L: chunk of cheese, 2 sticks of celery, large tomato, avocado, 2 slices of ham
D: chicken and mixed greens
Will probably have the usual later

Reactions: 5 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - tomato & olives with 1oz of German smoked cheese and a teaspoon of olive oil
L - potato & leek soup with cream and a chicken breast
D - large piece of salmon grilled with Philadelphia and broccoli

Berries and cream for later :)

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
@Weird Science Was hoping to update you on the milk thistle, but to be honest, I am not sure if it's working. My blood is a bit erratic this week due to cold weather plus having a scabby finger :depressed: I can say though that I am not experiencing any adverse effects so will stick with it. This morning my fbs was 6.5. I had been unexpectedly low going to bed at 4.9 (well that's low for me!)

Hi AV,
I too have had no change, I was originally taking in the morning but changed to have with evening meal hoping it would have a better effect, but no change, no side affects so will keep up, considering double the dose to see if helps at all, hopefully it's helping our livers in the long term like most reviews state :)
Can't get my fbs below 9 currently, last few days have gone to bed at BS of 7 but awoke at high 9's!!

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Hi people hope your all well, only a few more sleeps :)

Not posted for a while, bored of diabetes, as per previous post DP is annoying me, also cannot seem to have anything out of the ordinary without it now raising me to low teens, never had this before, roll on new year:)

B 2 egg omelette 2 streaky bacon
L 2 burgers with Stilton melted on top in lettuce leaves
D suki yaki
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1418759807.544734.jpg

P 3 sq G&B 70% choc

Reactions: 12 people

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
I tried milk thistle this time last year. I think it helped over christmas and i was surprised i could indulge a little without too high readings. After a while though, I started experiencing hormonal issues and read that Milk thistle can mimic oestrogen, so i stopped taking it. Could have been unrelated though.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Considering last night's 10+ I've felt quite chipper today.
Pre lunch was 5.4 :)
4pm was 5.7 :happy:
Better than I expected the day after

Coffeencream with a coyo
3 squares 70% choc
Tinned salmon with mayo
Pork with prunes and cream, broccoli, sugarsnaps, green beans

Thought I might have berries&cream later, but seem to be stuffed.

Status
Not open for further replies.