Status
Not open for further replies.

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
I find slicing the fresh bread and then freezing it helps prevent me from going silly with it - cos I do so love my bread and butter....
Good thinking.. :)

Reactions: 2 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Hope your eyes are feeling OK now and doctor's drops are working....
Thank you....I was still seeing fireworks when I went to sleep! The drops are making a big difference - don't keep blinking all the time now... :)

Reactions: 5 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My muesli style porridge for brekky using soya milk and TSP of gingerbread flavour skinny syrup
Lunch, ERM, ah, yes caulicheese burgers and sprouts
Tea stew / casserole but left some of the potatoes
Snacks - handful of nuts & fruit, 2nd half of cheese and onion Boxer Chips, one chicken style burger (no bun) as I'd got pkt out of freezer for tea but friend already made stew - cooked all 4 when I got home and gave 3 to house dogs
Started and ended day on 4.9
Your levels are really good :)

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday's food:

B - crustless ham and cheese quiche
L - Mediterranean salad with half a chicken breast and 30g of cheese
D - grilled salmon with broccoli
S - sugar free jelly and cream and half a posh 9bar lol

Reactions: 6 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday (awful food day!)

B: minted minced lamb and coffeencream
L: hummus and beef broth
S: 2 burgers (meat only) due to another evening of weird schedules
D: chicken livers, courgette and red pepper with horseradish and a coyo

Pretty low carb, but dreadful for veg content. and no smoothie! I made it. I took it to work, and then the office was so frigid that I couldn't face the coldness of it, and it sat in its flask all day and then moved back to the fridge at home - where it is even now.

We haven't had much snow, but my goodness, it has made me want WARM food and drink, not icy cold!

Reactions: 14 people

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
Am with you on the warm food front Brunneria! This morning I warmed some blackberries in melted coconut oil and whizzed into some yoghurt, had with hot water and lemon. I've got brocc and stilton soup for lunch and pork steaks with cauli cheese for tea. Nothing like cauli cheese for comfort food:happy:

Reactions: 13 people
S

Sable_Jan

Your levels are really good :)
Does depend how good I have been but also that I went back into the "normal" range from prediabetic HbA1c in January this year has helped a lot......:) - blood test last year caught my blood sugars on the up before they did too much of a hatchet job on my body ;)

S

Sable_Jan

Am with you on the warm food front Brunneria! This morning I warmed some blackberries in melted coconut oil and whizzed into some yoghurt, had with hot water and lemon. I've got brocc and stilton soup for lunch and pork steaks with cauli cheese for tea. Nothing like cauli cheese for comfort food:happy:
oooh, yes, most definitely warm food on days like this. Got some sausages in the slow cooker with a cider apple cook in sauce - sauce is sweet and carby so won't be having more than what is clinging to the sausages when I take them out. Just wanted to use the jar up - fed up of seeing it sat there and didn't want to waste it.....

Reactions: 4 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast boiled egg spelt toast
Lunch so cold as I walked into town just as the blizzard started so bought small pot chicken and veg soup from deli to have with the ham salad I'd packed
Dinner fish done in foil with lemon juice and butter, broccoli, green beans, pickled onions and a couple of skin on potato wedges off mr E's plate.
Snack soy latte and some dark chocolate

Reactions: 8 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Another lazy day for me, waiting for the snow to start :)
So far I've just had 3 cups of coffee with cream and brunch of a slice of ham, some German smoked cheese, and baby plum toms with a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm still in Riyadh so still eating boiled eggs, almond bread, grilled chicken and omelettes... so bored with it all I could spit feathers... :arghh: We are driving back to Bahrain at 4am tomorrow as my husband left the Jeep here on his last trip - can't wait even though it's 4 hours of mostly desert... I will order 4 espressos and pop them in my flask cup with coconut oil and a little cream to sustain me on the way home... breakfast will occur when we get back... the cats will pretend they don't know us for the first 20 minutes of course...:cat::cat::cat::cat: it's the way of cats.. :) What a long four days this has been...

Reactions: 7 people

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
oooh, yes, most definitely warm food on days like this. Got some sausages in the slow cooker with a cider apple cook in sauce - sauce is sweet and carby so won't be having more than what is clinging to the sausages when I take them out. Just wanted to use the jar up - fed up of seeing it sat there and didn't want to waste it.....
Depending on net carb content, you could always add a bit of cream to the sauce to fatten it up a bit! It would also slow down the sugar release a bit.

Mmmm sausages - enjoy!

My tea has changed, am now having a big n tasty roast chicken with cauli cheese - reduced to £3.00 on my way home from ASDA

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Have already eaten the chicken legs and wings - this weather making me hungry! Just off to simmer my cheese sauce now........

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm still in Riyadh so still eating boiled eggs, almond bread, grilled chicken and omelettes... so bored with it all I could spit feathers... :arghh: We are driving back to Bahrain at 4am tomorrow as my husband left the Jeep here on his last trip - can't wait even though it's 4 hours of mostly desert... I will order 4 espressos and pop them in my flask cup with coconut oil and a little cream to sustain me on the way home... breakfast will occur when we get back... the cats will pretend they don't know us for the first 20 minutes of course...:cat::cat::cat::cat: it's the way of cats.. :) What a long four days this has been...

Haha, yes the cats will give you the cold shoulder - until you get the tin opener out! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
B: scrambled eggs, avocado & cheese
Mrs DeeJayR's birthday today, so I let her take me out to lunch.
L: 3-egg omelette with ham, cheese, tomato & watercress, no dressing, no fries. Pudding: 2 raspberries & 2 blueberries (from the edge of her plate of chocolate brownies, ice cream & chocolate sauce)
She drank wine, I drove home through a small blizzard
D: mussels in wine & cream sauce with steamed kale, celeriac, pak choi (never had it before), mangetout and other greenery foraged from the Tesco remainders bin. Good value I think
Today I have eaten 5 eggs. :chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken: Cluck.

Reactions: 11 people

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Just had cauliflower/broccoli cheese with a tin of tuna mixed in.....so yummy!

Reactions: 9 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Have already eaten the chicken legs and wings - this weather making me hungry! Just off to simmer my cheese sauce now........
Jealous... :) Determined to spit roast a chicken for lunch when I get back tomorrow - and cauli cheese too..... I will roast a couple of potatoes for my husband and I might even have one small one myself... :shifty: :greedy:

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B bacon sandwich with burgen bread
L homemade veg soup
D lamb hot pot made with celeriac instead of pots
Thursday is my deep clean day and my delivery day for my Graze box so mid morning snack of a small piece of Graze flapjack chocolate and vanilla mmmm (7.5g carbs) - I don't snack and don't have a sweet tooth but it was very nice

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Just had cauliflower/broccoli cheese with a tin of tuna mixed in.....so yummy!
What a good idea! How nice... thank you Lenny3.. :)

Reactions: 3 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Haha, yes the cats will give you the cold shoulder - until you get the tin opener out! :grin:
You're right... except I rattle a bag of treats... they have to give in... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.