Status
Not open for further replies.

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
B egg bacon mushroom & cherry tomatoes
L 3 sausages a tomato a slice of burgen
5 hours of clearing my loft out, what a space for keeping rubbish!
D chicken bacon asparagus in spinach leaves
Coconut flour cookies
Clearing the loft must have earned you gold stars and really good BG.. Win-win... :)

Reactions: 4 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B egg bacon mushroom & cherry tomatoes
L 3 sausages a tomato a slice of burgen
5 hours of clearing my loft out, what a space for keeping rubbish!
D chicken bacon asparagus in spinach leaves
Coconut flour cookies
Cookies sound lovely......do you have the recipie at all please? !

Reactions: 6 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
My mum used to whisk carnation milk into jelly as it was setting to make a mousse - been wondering if single cream would work the same way........
So did mine... so did I!! What a good idea - haven't done that since the early 70's... :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My butcher persuaded me to buy 8lb of ox liver for 50p (getting rid, I think they call it). Mine's full of grisly bits :***: I've got 2lb left in the freezer if you'd like it ;) I made liver pate with some of it but the blender still left the grisly bits. Good luck with yours, it's sure good stuff. Without the grisly bits.
:hilarious::hilarious:

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
S

Sable_Jan

Frustrating for you... Would cream be better in your coffee? Too sad not to drink it... Maybe on a quiet day you could try proper coffee? :rolleyes:
Love my lattee with soya milk - find I don't notice a difference now. Boil the milk in the cup in the microwave, pop it under the Senseo machine and get nice frothy coffee (the soya milk wouldn't do that on its own) luverly ..... could drink one now but almost doggy tea time. Have one after though while tea is cooking I think

G

gemma6549

My menu have been pretty boring today.

Breakfast: dairy and fat free yoghurt

Lunch: chicken Breast, mixed veg and a poached egg

Dinner: chicken soup and a side salad

Also had a few cups of tea with dairy free milk :)

Reactions: 10 people
S

Sable_Jan

My menu have been pretty boring today.

Breakfast: dairy and fat free yoghurt

Lunch: chicken Breast, mixed veg and a poached egg

Dinner: chicken soup and a side salad

Also had a few cups of tea with dairy free milk :)
Sounds good enough to me ;) and the main thing is did you enjoy it?

Had my Pig & Whistle breakfast. Bacon, sausages, fried bread, 2 fried eggs and tomatoes...tempted by the baked beans but I spiked a bit last time.... 5.5 at 2 1/2 hrs... Less than fasting ;)

Dinner: didn't need any...Snacks: mid afternoon sugarfree jelly with mandarins in, last piece of homemade non-spiking cake
Tea: mushroom soup cooking, as mentioned b4 with addition of 3 star anise, sage, salt & black pepper and lemon juice.... Was smelling and tasting good :p

Reactions: 10 people
G

gemma6549

Sounds good enough to me ;) and the main thing is did you enjoy it?

Had my Pig & Whistle breakfast. Bacon, sausages, fried bread, 2 fried eggs and tomatoes...tempted by the baked beans but I spiked a bit last time.... 5.5 at 2 1/2 hrs... Less than fasting ;)

Dinner: didn't need any...Snacks: mid afternoon sugarfree jelly with mandarins in, last piece of homemade non-spiking cake
Tea: mushroom soup cooking, as mentioned b4 with addition of 3 star anise, sage, salt & black pepper and lemon juice.... Was smelling and tasting good :p

Ok yours sounds lovely! Especially the breakfast :)

I enjoyed it I suppose but I'm struggling a bit with craving something sweet or salty.

Picking up some sugar free jelly tomorrow though so that should fix the sweet bit.

My husbands 12 Easter eggs that keep staring at me when I open the fridge aren't helping! :)

Reactions: 8 people
S

Sable_Jan

Ok yours sounds lovely! Especially the breakfast :)

I enjoyed it I suppose but I'm struggling a bit with craving something sweet or salty.

Picking up some sugar free jelly tomorrow though so that should fix the sweet bit.

My husbands 12 Easter eggs that keep staring at me when I open the fridge aren't helping! :)
That's more than the grandkids have between them.......

Thorntons sugarfree chocolate? Or NaturalOptions sugarfree choc bars. Salted popcorn ... Didn't think I would like it but it's quite nice. Thorntons do sugarfree caramel as well.... But make sure you test. I can be quite good just having the odd piece here and there thru the day

Reactions: 2 people
G

gemma6549

I tend not to bother with sugar free things anymore, as it's the carb content Inject for it's the same whether it's made up from sugar or the artificial stuff. I guess type 1 is lucky ok that way in that you can still have the real deal if you so wish :)

Just at the moment I can't have dairy, fat or fibre so the chocolate and popcorn is a no no.

It's an excuse to get some goodness in me for a while though :)

Reactions: 7 people

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Groats etc. I'm going to stop this wholegrain oats breakfast when the packet runs out. It doesn't spike me and it's very satisfying but I think it must be a whole load of carbs all at once -- over 30.
L: Mixed salad, cheese, salami, mayo. Small piece 85% chocolate.
D: My fave chilli recipe by Heston, with fresh coriander & spinach baked in cream cheese. I've put the full recipe in the recipes section. It includes cornmeal muffins, so pick out the parts you want. I do recommend the spiced butter, which can be used to liven up other dishes

Reactions: 9 people
S

Sable_Jan

I tend not to bother with sugar free things anymore, as it's the carb content Inject for it's the same whether it's made up from sugar or the artificial stuff. I guess type 1 is lucky ok that way in that you can still have the real deal if you so wish :)

Just at the moment I can't have dairy, fat or fibre so the chocolate and popcorn is a no no.

It's an excuse to get some goodness in me for a while though :)
That must be really hard to find something nice to eat. Strange the carbs thing in the sugar free stuff.....I've noticed how high some of them are yet they do nothing to spike my bs readings - I was actually a bit wary of trying them at first because of that. The Thornton's chocolates were higher in carbs than the Milk Tray (both bought for me at Christmas) so what the carbs are and why they don't seem to have any effect on my bs I don't know.....

Have you tried the plain Alpro soya yoghurts? one is just plain vanilla-ish tasting, then there's one with coconut and one with almond - I know you said no fibre but they don't seem to have any bits just the flavour......

G

gemma6549

Yes the alpro ones are good and another brand (forget the name) but seem to be ok with both. I have them at breakfast in the hope if I have something sweet tasting early I won't crave it later in the day, maybe I should change that as it doesn't seem to be working!!

That's interesting with the carbs/chocolates but great if they don't seem to effect you. Just shows there are general guidelines you can follow but we are all different :)

Reactions: 5 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another day of glorious indulgence, offset by herding the dogs around the park at a fraction more than my usual trundle. Twice.

B: bacon and egg
L: crustless quiche and feta stuffed peppers with a miniscule pork pie! :woot: I blame Mr B
S: a morsel of 70% choc
D: mince, onion, toms and herbs, with 3 marble sized new potatoes, broccoli, cauli, 2 blue cheese stuffed shrooms and then berries and cream.
Bliss.

Reactions: 13 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Yoghurt berries and cream, two coffees with cream
L: no lunch, not hungry
D: four rashers of bacon, three eggs scrambled with a chunk of butter, and mushrooms sautéed in butter. Yoghurt berries and cream with flaxseed added and raspberries

Reactions: 8 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Love my lattee with soya milk - find I don't notice a difference now. Boil the milk in the cup in the microwave, pop it under the Senseo machine and get nice frothy coffee (the soya milk wouldn't do that on its own) luverly ..... could drink one now but almost doggy tea time. Have one after though while tea is cooking I think
I'd like to try it but ulcerative colitis hates soya... oddly enough....

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.