What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sable_Jan

Many thanks for all your kind messages, much appreciated, the misses will get through this because despite being so petite she is very strong willed and is determined to beat this!

Had a Brazil nut on waking, but BG was still 9.4 an hour later before bf (went to bed night before at 6.8, any suggestions?) it came down to 7.5 post bf but would be nice to have it lower, I was on these levels on insulin also

B 6 salami round slices, small piece of cheese, celery & 2 cherry tomatoes
L same as yesterday
D sea bass & salad, sugar free jelly
May have something fat oriented later
Maybe waking may be a good time for one of your coffees - that bit of milk helping to take the edge off to stop the liver dumping

Reactions: 2 people
S

Sable_Jan

In london for a mtg so was going to be difficult.
B. 2 boiled eggs and some crispy bacon I took with me to eat on train.
S. Coffee and shortbread biscuit -figured at least it would also be high fat.
L. Not much choice at Kings cross station, ended up with a chicken salad baguette.
D. Pork steak, fried butternut squash mash with bacon bits snd 2 fried eggs. Bg post 2hr 5.7

tough week ahead, beach tomorrow with godchildren so chips lunchtime, takeaway in evening so hoping for curry so I can have mixed grill and cauli bhaji. Away 3 days at conference next week, should be ok whilst there except for lunch which im dreading and travelling back -likely need to eat at kings cross again! need a plan! :bookworm:
lightly battered fish may be a better option than the chips.... packs of ham and sandwich egg mayo from a supermarket somewhere instead of station lunch?

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

Breakfast: usual cereal/fruit/nut mix, soya milk and some Skinny Syrup for extra taste
Dinner: pea soup, sugar free jelly and ice cream
Tea: chilli with pasta, then 3 sugar free choc chip biscuits a bit later on
Snack: 3 small squares of sugar free dark mint choc, 200g tub Sainsbury's full fat Greek yoghurt
BG good all day - no major spikes and tops of 6.8

Reactions: 2 people

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Got some ox liver today from the butchers, 2 great big pieces shocked when he said £0.35 bargin . Only used 1 pieces fried with onions, then added gravy & chia seeds & simmered to thicken & some veg on the side. Was lush.
At that price & it being good for you, there's gunna be alot eaten by me for sure.

Reactions: 7 people

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Got some ox liver today from the butchers, 2 great big pieces shocked when he said £0.35 bargin . Only used 1 pieces fried with onions, then added gravy & chia seeds & simmered to thicken & some veg on the side. Was lush.
At that price & it being good for you, there's gunna be alot eaten by me for sure.
My butcher persuaded me to buy 8lb of ox liver for 50p (getting rid, I think they call it). Mine's full of grisly bits :***: I've got 2lb left in the freezer if you'd like it ;) I made liver pate with some of it but the blender still left the grisly bits. Good luck with yours, it's sure good stuff. Without the grisly bits.

Reactions: 8 people
S

Sable_Jan

My butcher persuaded me to buy 8lb of ox liver for 50p (getting rid, I think they call it). Mine's full of grisly bits :***: I've got 2lb left in the freezer if you'd like it ;) I made liver pate with some of it but the blender still left the grisly bits. Good luck with yours, it's sure good stuff. Without the grisly bits.
The dogs love liver cake........

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
You were really hungry yesterday though weren't you. Hope you are not coming down with a bug but if you are it would explain it.....

Tomorrow is another day.....forget this one and move on. We know how good you usually are so no major harm done I'm sure
Thanks Sable, I still had a bit of a 'hangover' this morning!
B: slice of ham cheese and baby toms with olive oil and a splash of balsamic
L: corned beef hash :blush:
D: poached salmon salad with lemon mayo followed by yoghurt berries and cream.
So: two small portions of cheese
Feel much better now :)

Reactions: 6 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
B 2 egg cheese omelette & 4 bacon
L slightly late due to longer wait at hospital but same as day before, 1 slice of toasted burgen with cream cheese & avocado half a pack of pork scratchings, small piece of cheese
D doner kebab no pitta, last of the ginger thing 6.6 pre 6.8 post

Hospital was ok but as expected radiotherapy is needed as the biopsy of removed tumour revealed a more aggressive form of cancer than the previous biopsy, basically it's trying to spread into her nerves so we need to stop that, 6 weeks down at Mount Vernon starting soon, will be a tough few months ahead but hopefully will get this thing sorted! The misses is doing okay, but was most upset at being told no spicy food for a month or so, she can't go a day without chilli spice!!
Sorry to hear that WS hope all goes well for both of you

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Never found any grisly bits in what I had but been reading up on it & it's good if your b12 deficient but down side, high in cholestrol but really healthy for us with omega 3 & 6 & loads of other stuff, so as long as your not ott with it's good for us. Classed as a superfood.

s_k_s

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tried Udi's Gluten Free Vanilla flavour Almond Granola for lunch - http://udisglutenfree.co.uk/products/granola-vanilla/

Wife is gluten free and she had brought it and wasn't eating it so I thought I'd give it a go. 68.8g of carb per 100g so I had only about 20-30g and had it with almond milk.

Before - 5.3
1 hour - 6.4
2 hours - 9.8

Moral of the story is don't try things just because they happen to be in the house.

Reactions: 9 people

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: scrambled eggs, fried tomatoes & mushrooms with salami & melted cheese
L (cafe): big fat burger with bacon & cheese topping but without the bun or fries, with salad, no dressing . Coffee with dash of milk
D: smoked mackerel with salad, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, mayo. After: cocoa with water, almond milk, sweetener & double cream

G

gemma6549

Breakfast: dairy free yoghurt

Lunch: pork with carrots, peas and cauliflower

Snacks: kale chips and celery

Sugars between 4.0 and 5.7 all day and only 5 units of insulin.

S

Sable_Jan

Tried Udi's Gluten Free Vanilla flavour Almond Granola for lunch - http://udisglutenfree.co.uk/products/granola-vanilla/

Wife is gluten free and she had brought it and wasn't eating it so I thought I'd give it a go. 68.8g of carb per 100g so I had only about 20-30g and had it with almond milk.

Before - 5.3
1 hour - 6.4
2 hours - 9.8

Moral of the story is don't try things just because they happen to be in the house.
but at least it was a "free" trial and you hadn't wasted money...... I bet the 20-30gs didn't look much either - granola usually weighs quite heavy

Reactions: 5 people
S

Sable_Jan

Breakfast: Usual cereal/nut/seed/fruit mix with soya milk. Cashew butter stirred into it
Dinner: A curried combinaition of tuna, a snack pot curry (the top carton), mixed frozen veggies and a sprinkle of rice shaped pasta - not spike, not a bit...
Tea: Was absolutely starving and all I could think of was lots of things with eggs (which I've run out of) or some of my non-spiking cake with custard ....not ideal but even if I had cooked I would probably have eaten some of the cake whilst tea was cooking.
Still hungry but will see what "damage" the custard has done then probably fry a bit of chopped ham and pork....

TOMORROW
Breakfast will be a Pig & Whistle Breakfast....lots of scrambled eggs, bacon, tomatoes and maybe a slice of wholewheat toast (or fried eggs and bread)...

HA3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B. 2 fried eggs, 2 bacon.
L. Chip shop chips - :oops: whole small portion and large unbattered sausage :cool:. No surprise bg at 2h 9.8, but at 3h 5.5 so dropped quite quickly which i guess is good.
D. Evening with friends canceled so refused the takeaway hubby still offered :angelic: and did my own - cauli rice, chicken and veg curry, bg 2h 6.4

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
B: cheese slice of ham 3 baby toms
L: slipped up again! Ploughman's type lunch which included a pork pie :blush:
3 o'clockses: cream scone with coffee and cream :blush:
No evening meal as yet but will probably have some yoghurt berries and cream

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
B: cheese slice of ham 3 baby toms
L: slipped up again! Ploughman's type lunch which included a pork pie :blush:
3 o'clockses: cream scone with coffee and cream :blush:
No evening meal as yet but will probably have some yoghurt berries and cream

Lunch sounded delicious!

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
B egg bacon mushroom & cherry tomatoes
L 3 sausages a tomato a slice of burgen
5 hours of clearing my loft out, what a space for keeping rubbish!
D chicken bacon asparagus in spinach leaves
Coconut flour cookies

Reactions: 10 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
No it doesn't have an effect on me as it's decaf but obviously to make it decaf it has been refined or washed in chemical or wotnot and I think it's only 85% caffeine free or something, I would happily drink proper green tea (mocha) all day long except I can't have caffeine or never used to be able to, also because I have full fat milk in my coffee which has carbs, I notice on the days I had a lot of tea my BG was better, I guess it's just habit I need to break because I love coffee and the smell of it so much!
Frustrating for you... Would cream be better in your coffee? Too sad not to drink it... Maybe on a quiet day you could try proper coffee? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.