What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HA3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday
B. All bran plus ss milk, one boiled egg.
S. Boiled egg before leaving for train to conference.
L. Went to macdonalds in london and has a grilled chicken and bacon salad with no dressing but mayonnaise. Still can't believe how good I was! :angelic: halo or what! :). bg post 2h 5.4
D. At hotel, ribeye steak, peas, cabbage and root veg mash (better than chips) bg post 2h 6.7

Reactions: 6 people

KateA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Meat and now sugar and carbs!!!
Thanks @Brunneria for the advice, I really need to change something before I dive headfirst off the wagon! :dead:. It was a whole pitta bread, i think if someone had tried to take half i would have eaten them instead! :jimlad:.

I normally breakfast once i get to work which is why i kinda stuck to the cereal but i do have access to a microwave so can do scrambled eggs in that and cook bacon at home and bring in to warm through. Lunch will stick with the soup and egg with maybe a couple of breakfast balls and a coffee n cream (don't like cheese unfortunately). Havent tried broth and cream is that just a stock cube?

Going away to a conference today for a few days so just need to survive that first:wacky:. Will try my new plan next week and let you know how i get on. It would be nice to come home from work without eyeing everything that moved as a potential food source!:D

Many thanks again x

Eggs can be poached in a microwave (if you are careful!), easier than scrambled I think. Lakeland (and most supermarkets) do a little egg poacher with a lid. Make sure you prick both yolk and white to prevent explosions. I serve mine on a bed of spinach.

HA3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Eggs can be poached in a microwave (if you are careful!), easier than scrambled I think. Lakeland (and most supermarkets) do a little egg poacher with a lid. Make sure you prick both yolk and white to prevent explosions. I serve mine on a bed of spinach.
Thanks @KateA , i will give that a try too

Reactions: 2 people

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just had lunch of scrambled egg with smoked salmon(bought cheaply in the reduced area at Asda AKNA the sharp elbows section !) I freeze individual portions and enjoy when I cant think of any thing tasty
CAROL

Reactions: 4 people

Blessedarethecheesemakers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
so how big were the chia seed pud portions then?

I feel I need guidance on this, or my natural gluttony will just take over (although it may have done already...)

I think it would be nice with chopped strawberries kinda depth charged into it...

Sorry Brunneria haven't been on here for ages. The chia puddings were about the size of a small yoghurt.

G

gemma6549

Just had lunch of chicken breast with green beans and broccoli and a pot of sugar free orange jelly :)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry Brunneria haven't been on here for ages. The chia puddings were about the size of a small yoghurt.

".... haven't been on here for ages......" Does not compute! Have you been ill? ;):rolleyes:

OK. Maybe just not the same addictive personality traits as the rest of us.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Oh dear.
Mine were... somewhat larger.
will have to reduce the size then.

drat.

And thanks for answering.
Have missed you.
I hope whatever you were doing was more fun than foruming.
But it is hard to imagine what. ;)

Reactions: 8 people

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I carries on being a learning curve, doesn't it... :happy: Whipping cream or, as I found while I was home this time, lactose-free cream... :) Single cream for coffee? I just buy the best I can find - it has to be from grass-fed cows of course... Double and whipping cream have the least carbs and most fat I believe... How is everything going for your lovely wife? I still light candles for her... I do wish you both well in your struggles...

Thanks Susikav I got some cream, double for drinks and clotted for jelly.
I had a bullet coffee for breakfast today, used 50g butter & 50g coconut oil, but unfortunately was on the toilet within an hour:( is that normal for anyone else lol
So I had a cheese mushroom omelette for lunch and some oopsie bread, a Brazil nut and cup of Bovril
Thai chicken curry with long beans tonight, sugar free jelly and clotted cream, been feeling like **** all day, drank about 1 litre of water and few green teas and coffees. MFP says this, am I eating the wrong fat, not enough carbs , or not enough what ? Or do I just need to get used to this way of eating / body get used to fat ? Today is not usual, more fat than I normally have, but I feel ill

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1427304465.970896.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Forgot to add the wife is doing great thanks, we appreciate your prayers, just waiting again for hospital appointment with their dentist and schedule for therapy at MV

HA3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday good and bad as at conference.
B. Eggs, bacon and sausage :)
L. Half egg and cress sarnie, chipolatas wrapped in bacon, some meat on sticks, 2 thumbsize bits of cake o_O.
D. Chicken wings followed by lamb shank with root veg mash and red cabbage. Bg post 2h 6.5 :).

Blessedarethecheesemakers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh dear.
Mine were... somewhat larger.
will have to reduce the size then.

drat.

And thanks for answering.
Have missed you.
I hope whatever you were doing was more fun than foruming.
But it is hard to imagine what. ;)

Have just been a bit busy with the kids etc and rounding off our looooong trip away from home (home soon though! Next week!). Have stuck to low carbing apart from a couple of indiscretions along the lines of a few fries. Still feeling very good with it. When I left for this trip, in early December, I was 130kg, and I'll return at 118. It's only right and proper that I should be returning home with a whole load of new clothes, y?

Reactions: 11 people

Lesleywo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My addiction to carbs
B: Cheese & Veggie Flax Muffin w/Horseradish & Smoked Salmon
S: 2 x Coffee w/Cream
L: Lamb & Vegetable Soup, Salad w/Anchovies & Parmesan Cheese
S: Apple, Tea
D: Lemon Butter Barramundi Fillet w/Cauliflower Cheese, Broccolini, Carrots, Spinach
S: Mixed Berries & Plain Yogurt

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Just had lunch of chicken breast with green beans and broccoli and a pot of sugar free orange jelly :)
Hope you are feeling better? Your lunch sounds perfect... :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Thanks Susikav I got some cream, double for drinks and clotted for jelly.
I had a bullet coffee for breakfast today, used 50g butter & 50g coconut oil, but unfortunately was on the toilet within an hour:( is that normal for anyone else lol
So I had a cheese mushroom omelette for lunch and some oopsie bread, a Brazil nut and cup of Bovril
Thai chicken curry with long beans tonight, sugar free jelly and clotted cream, been feeling like **** all day, drank about 1 litre of water and few green teas and coffees. MFP says this, am I eating the wrong fat, not enough carbs , or not enough what ? Or do I just need to get used to this way of eating / body get used to fat ? Today is not usual, more fat than I normally have, but I feel ill

View attachment 12627
I'm sorry you feel ill WS... :( I use 1 tsp of butter and 1 tsp coconut oil - it could be too much otherwise.. some use a lot more, I know... I sometimes put a dash of cream in it too... I wonder if it's the sudden onslaught of fat that's doing it? Maybe add it in smaller increments? I hope you feel ok later...

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Have just been a bit busy with the kids etc and rounding off our looooong trip away from home (home soon though! Next week!). Have stuck to low carbing apart from a couple of indiscretions along the lines of a few fries. Still feeling very good with it. When I left for this trip, in early December, I was 130kg, and I'll return at 118. It's only right and proper that I should be returning home with a whole load of new clothes, y?
Absolutely... :)

Reactions: 5 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday's food:

B - Cheese and Salami Crustless quiche
L - Poached Salmon with a salad of baby tomatoes, Olives, cucumber, and red pepper
D- Roasted salmon with broccoli and cauliflower followed by LC Cake and extra thick double cream

Reactions: 12 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry Deejay I was being lazy with my typing. LC Cake is Low carb cake and I am talking about the Stracciatella cake...I think I am addicted to it.. its LCHF and very yummy - Lemon and coconut is my favorite flavour at the moment.

Reactions: 5 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
B: Avocado and 1 strip streaky bacon which I brought from the UK
Lunch: 1/2 Avocado with 3 pcs back bacon and mayo...
Snack: Goat's cheese, berries and cream...
Dinner: Will be chicken, choirizo and haricot been
Oo, what LC cake please?
The recipe is on the Low Carb Recipe thread I think... Brunneria posted it last week? It's very good and doesn't make you feel guilty... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.