Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
@ tweetypie & deb

I use the Optimum Nutrition one in photo.
It's about £37 per bag (930g) but usually offers are on, it's also for 35 servings but I'm sure I have more than that, but based on that £1 per drink, all I have for b/fast and @ £1 per day I can live with that.

My other one is a cheaper brand and not lean, double the amount for only £19.99 but far too sweet, I only have this before a session.

Hope this helps

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
cool, thanks weird science

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was thinking to use it for baking! I've ordered the cheapest I could find from amazon so will see what it's like.

Thanks

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Breakfast: cheesy omelette

Lunch: Greek yogurt, blueberries, almonds and cinnamon. Creamy decaf.

Dinner: mixed vegetable korma and coconut lime cauliflower "rice"

Top tip: If, like me, you cba buying coconut cream to use just a little bit in a curry, sub it with some coconut milk powder and a blob of philapelphia. It's claggy and tasty.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast quorn sausage, poached egg, mushrooms, tomato, 1tsp pickle
Lunch small tuna and feta salad
Evening roast chicken, cauli cheese, carrots, flat beans, tenderstem broccoli and gravy; few strawbs, greek yogurt and flaxseed
Drinks decaff coffee, green tea and water

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had cottage pie with cauli mash for dinner

Greek yoghurt, linseeds, couple strawberries and a few blueberries.

A nut ball thing.

Lots of water....

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

Reactions: 3 people

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
Slice of livlife toast and peanut butter. Some yoghurt

Leftover pork loin steak and cauliflower cheese bake. Melted instant berry icecream - still just as nice!

Chicken satay and veg stir fry

Drinks, lots of tea and a sugar free ginger ale

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Protein shake

Had a bag of McCoys crisps ( very wrong but bloody lovely)

Tuna Niçoise salad

Old El Paso Chicken Fajitas, shouldn't have this but again it's too bloody nice,
3 rich tea biccies

Having a blip this week!! ☺️

Pre was 5.8
Post 10.1
Only got myself to blame, just had a mini workout at 10;30pm

Last edited by a moderator:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
On waking: 2 Brazils
Breakfast: cold chicken - didn't really have time to eat anything, so wandered round with chicken in one hand munching. Not very elegant.
Elevenses: moser roth Aldi dark choc mini bar
Lunch: crust less quiche
Dinner: KFC - 3 pieces of chicken, 5 chips. Much nicer than I remembered - I am sure KFC used not to be as nice as that, years ago, when I last had one.

I seem to be struggling to eat healthily at the moment (by healthily, I mean low carb, high fat, lowish protein). Don't think I have eaten so much low carb junk/processed food for years, as I have in the last week or so. :wideyed: Where are the veg? The green smoothies, the avocado/choc mousses? :banghead:

Reactions: 2 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

I had cottage pie with cauli mash for dinner

Greek yoghurt, linseeds, couple strawberries and a few blueberries.

A nut ball thing.

Lots of water....

Nut ball thing sounds lovely. What is it?

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Mmmm KFC!!

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Brunch at caff, bacon black pudding mushrooms and fried onions. Feeling a bit rough, I wavered and ordered toast but then didn't touch it. Sometimes giving yourself permission is a better tactic than resisting.

Dinner - half a pack (200g) of gorgeous Black Farmer sausages, the rest of the coleslaw (about 175g), and a ridiculous plateful of frozen Mediterranean roast vegetables mix (375g). Actually a major source of carbs but I really appreciated the veg as I have been lacking. Nice glass of white vin de cornershop.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch at caff, bacon black pudding mushrooms and fried onions. Feeling a bit rough, I wavered and ordered toast but then didn't touch it. Sometimes giving yourself permission is a better tactic than resisting.

Dinner - half a pack (200g) of gorgeous Black Farmer sausages, the rest of the coleslaw (about 175g), and a ridiculous plateful of frozen Mediterranean roast vegetables mix (375g). Actually a major source of carbs but I really appreciated the veg as I have been lacking. Nice glass of white vin de cornershop.

Blimey, I couldn't ever have managed a meal that size, and I thought I had a good appetite. :eek:

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I wouldn't call per 26g serving
Carbs 1.4g of which sugar 0.6g as high

That sounds like one of the good ones, many [protein shakes] are much higher carb than that.

Miraculously sent via Diabetes Forum App. Probably on the 4th or 5th try :-/

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Blimey, I couldn't ever have managed a meal that size, and I thought I had a good appetite. :eek:
Yeah it was a blowout and I really could comfortably eaten half that, but as I tend to have only 1-2 meals a day I do like a large dinner and as I say I have not been having enough veg so the multicoloured veg was great for my micronutrients.

Miraculously sent via Diabetes Forum App. Probably on the 4th or 5th try :-/

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
300g nuts. I used almonds and Brazils.

40g pumpkin seeds

Handful of linseed

30g cocoa powder

50g salted butter

50g peanut butter

5 heaped teaspoons coconut oil softened

Agave syrup to taste

Ground almonds to 'dry out' consistency.

Chop all nuts and seeds in food processor.

Add all ingredients together except ground almond.

Add ground almonds 50g a time until you have a good consistency where you can roll balls in your hands and only get a little bit greasy. They are quite floppy so work fast and be gentle. Just make sure they are 'together'.

Place in grease proof paper and put in fridge for a couple hours. The above will make about 30 balls which will last in the fridge for about a month. You can get creative and add flavouring like vanilla or cinnamon.

They're very morish so keep them hidden in the fridge!

Reactions: 8 people
Status
Not open for further replies.