What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Aaaww @Brunneria 9.5 may have been a blip. I got a 16 something once by having some blueberry juice on my finger :oops: Did you wash your hands, test again, then test the nearest human to check your meter was working ok?

Reactions: 3 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry I may not know your full story as relatively new here but perhaps a new visit to the dr for a blood test is needed? x

Yes. I sort of agree. The reason I am ducking and diving from going back, and having more tests is that they (doctor and nurse) are saying that 'because your results are inconclusive, we need an oral glucose tolerance test to make an accurate diagnosis'

To which I replied 'but the last time I had one of those, I had a 3 day headache, a day off work, and blurred vision for 2 days. I don't want that again.'

'Well, it's the only way to know for sure. But you appear to be borderline'

'Yes, but that is because I low carb.'

'Then come in for the test.'

Impasse.

So I'm med free and controlling with low carb - which works superbly - until I do something stupid, like eat sweet potato chips. :meh:

However my BG is now 8.2 and dropping fast as my usual greatly delayed insulin over-reaction kicks in.
So feeling better already. :happy:

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Brunch: 2 quorn sausages and a fried egg (Been watching Ethyl eating sausages and wanted some! o_O)

Dinner: 3 bean salad, guacamole, minty yogurt dip, baked Edam "Doritos". (Mouth on fire! :p)

Pudding: low carb raspberry and chocolate cheesecake.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch: 2 quorn sausages and a fried egg (Been watching Ethyl eating sausages and wanted some! o_O)

Dinner: 3 bean salad, guacamole, minty yogurt dip, baked Edam "Doritos". (Mouth on fire! :p)

2zs9vk6.jpg
2hrq00n.jpg
Can I like this 10 x ?

And what is the Edam Doritos recipe?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Aaaww @Brunneria 9.5 may have been a blip. I got a 16 something once by having some blueberry juice on my finger :oops: Did you wash your hands, test again, then test the nearest human to check your meter was working ok?

And you are right. Since Mr B caused this entire fiasco by FORCING me to eat the chips, I think he should be the human pincushion. For repeated tests. In a range of testing sites.

Right, that is my evenings entertainment sorted. What are you all doing?

Reactions: 2 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Edam Doritos...

Edam slices (tesco does veggie Edam that is <0.1% carb)
Spices - I used garlic granules, chilli powder and salt

Cut a slice of Edam into 4 triangles.
Place on a tray with baking paper (tesco silicon coated non-stick)
Lightly sprinkle with spices
Bake for 6 minutes (dunno the temp as all the numbers have rubbed off our cooker lol)
Put on a wire rack to cool and they go crispy and chewy (edit: remove them from the baking tray to cool)

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Had no ww frommage frais or greek yoghurt so today was bacon and eggs for brunch , short cake biscuit at 4 .
Tea was a couple of small sausages and 2 burgers with cheese onion and tomato sauce and half a bread bun.
Usually have more veg , salad etc but been busy so it was quick food.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OMG those Doritos look lush- recipe please I so want to come to live with you @Avocado Sevenfold . I'll bring some Quorn sausages with me as I have just bought two bags.

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

2zs9vk6.jpg
2hrq00n.jpg

that cheesecake looks lovely - could I have the recipe please?

I have made cheese crackers using cheddar before but edam looks good and will have to give it a try. mmm "doritos" and dip so yummy:)

A

Avocado Sevenfold

that cheesecake looks lovely - could I have the recipe please?

I have made cheese crackers using cheddar before but edam looks good and will have to give it a try. mmm "doritos" and dip so yummy:)
I used the following key lime pie recipe and changed the jelly from lime to raspberry and the coconut extract to vanilla extract. Simply Delish veggie, carb free jelly from Amazon. Made half the quantity for 3 dishes of about 10cm diameter. I think I prefer the lime flavour. The raspberry is very sweet to me.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/key-lime-pie---low-carb-version/

Reactions: 3 people

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
She's a cruel, cruel woman!

Has she tasted them?

Luckily for me she has and they were just alright,
she doesn't have a sweet tooth, more a chilli tooth and my 11 yr old daughter hated them, all the more for me!!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Pre meal was 5.9
Post 2 hrs 5.7

I'm over the moon with that, nut balls here I come!!

Reactions: 4 people

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.

2zs9vk6.jpg
2hrq00n.jpg
They look like actual Doritos!

Status
Not open for further replies.