What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Deb, if you put hard avocados in a paper bag with a ripe banana, this ripens them a treat. It may work without the banana in case you don't have one.
Thanks! I had the thing sat on top of bananas for three days in the bowl so was shocked!

Anyway I'll know for next time cheers!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

mortiferum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast - 45g frozen raspberries, 100g Onken full fat set yoghurt, sprinkle of flaxseeds, freshly brewed coffee, atleast 1L water

Lunch - Tomato, cheese, onion, chive and parsley omelette, 2 chicken sausages, murshrooms, half grilled tomato, TREAT - small tomato and chilli flavoured bread roll, freshly brewed coffee, atleast 1L water (BG 95 before and 107 2 hrs after - I was a little worried about the small bread rolls effect!)

Dinner - TREAT - Braised beef short ribs in a can of beer, stir fried sugar snap peas and mange tout, cucumber tomato avacado sweet pepper olive salad, atleast 1L water (currently waiting to see the effects of the beer flavoured gravy on my BG level)

Reactions: 4 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast turkey rasher, poached egg, mushrooms, tomato
lunch tuna and cheese salad
dinner spiced cauliflower, keema curry with black eyed peas, 1/2 small poppadum
supper strawbs and yogurt

HA3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Whoop whoop weekend so different breakfast and lunch than working days

2 bacon and 2 fried eggs.

3 small cod fishcakes and half tin baked beans - I know this wont be good so didnt test!

Salmon fillet, curried veg (shredded cabbage, frozen baby carrots, spinach,onion, pepper, 1/2 tin pataks madras sauce), cauli and broccoli rice, shredded lettuce.

Choc orange jelly later if needed.......

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yoghurt and strawbs

Chicken salad

Nut ball and coffee

Aubergine lasagne

Cheesecake!

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
On waking: a Brazil

Breakfast: an emergency low carb fry up. Completely forgot brekkie! Trundled into tescos to use vouchers to get a sexy new microwave, then felt the BG plummeting on the way home! Crisis! Had to commando roll into a garden centre, walk very slowly into the cafe and sit down carefully before inhaling 2 sausages, an egg, 2 rashers, half tom, several mushrooms and a coffee with cream. Phew! Caught it just in time, otherwise I would have felt dire all day.

Lovely long walk with dog. Very pleasant but not strenuous, chatting with friend and stopping for cuppa.

Mid afternoon: fielded another rapid drop with Livlife slice of toast, with a thick trowel of Philly and marmite.

7pm: quite low again! Bizarre. Roast chicken leg, skin :)green beans and grilled mushrooms. Even had a normal size portion of mash :woot::woot::woot:

And only hit 7.6 2hours later.
This is unheard of. I only need to sniff a potato to hit 9+

Never thought I would be disturbed by consistently lower than usual BG levels. Maybe I should be celebrating?

Reactions: 4 people

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Small bowl of porridge (I miss this so much) followed by 3+ hours of jet cleaning patios

Black farmers sausages 2, 2 bacon and 2 fried eggs, had lunch at 4pm, somehow this always happens on a Saturday.

Another few hours of sealing patio, my back is killing me, at 6ft 7in tall it's really hurting, but it's all good exercise I keep telling myself.

Steak on BBQ with flat mushroom and peas.
2 rich tea biccies (got to stop these)

Ready for the football, come on England, don't dissappoint us all!!!

Reactions: 5 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: Greek yoghurt with blackberries and a sprinkle of pine nuts, and a decaff coffee, and lots of water.

No lunch as had a migraine after thunderstorms last night. and went back to sleep after breakfast. :(

Afternoon snack of coconut "snowball", ND Asmall glass of Tesco's sugar free cloudy lemonade. When husband first bought this I gor an awful sweetener type aftertaste, but for some reason hardly any this time!

Dinner: fresh salmon with baby asparagus in a sour cream, mustard and dill sauce. Strawberries and cream with homemade almond shortcake. Orange crunch herb tea.

Supper will be a few extra-thin slices of mixed german salami and some green salad, and cocoa with almond milk. And maybe another snowball?

And I must drink more water - I'm not drinking enough this hot weather.

Robbity

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Friday - had a big curry dinner with my friend, but drank a little too much wine :dead:

Saturday - woke up with a killer hangover and grazed on leftover curry all day. Made psyllium bread in a 2lb loaf tin and it turned out very well. Used it to make football snacks - thinly sliced crostini topped with feta, sun dried tomatoes and basil. The green/white/red tricolour effect was purely coincidental, honest!

Sunday - more toast. Just made tartless strawberry tarts to take to my folks for Father's Day (recipe on the recipe thread)

Back to normality tomorrow :angelic:

Reactions: 2 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Last evening I tried a slice of garlic bread with my normal fillet steak meal that also includes 6 chips. Delighted to see my 1 hour and 2 hour levels were excellent. I will be having that again.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Friday - had a big curry dinner with my friend, but drank a little too much wine :dead:

Saturday - woke up with a killer hangover and grazed on leftover curry all day. Made psyllium bread in a 2lb loaf tin and it turned out very well. Used it to make football snacks - thinly sliced crostini topped with feta, sun dried tomatoes and basil. The green/white/red tricolour effect was purely coincidental, honest!

Sunday - more toast. Just made tartless strawberry tarts to take to my folks for Father's Day (recipe on the recipe thread)

Back to normality tomorrow :angelic:
Avocado, is the psyllium bread recipe already posted on here? I can do modest amounts of ordinary bread, but I'd like to try some alternatives too.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Avocado, is the psyllium bread recipe already posted on here? I can do modest amounts of ordinary bread, but I'd like to try some alternatives too.
Yes, page 66, post #1309 on this thread.

It has quite a tight "knit" (?) so can be sliced very finely for crostini. I used only half a tsp of salt the second time and it was much better. The trick is to use boiling water and not to overwork the dough. And drink lots of water with it as it is very high in fibre.

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
Yesterday I had,

Bullet coffee. Cheesy omelette and salad

Went for an afternoon BBQ :rolleyes:- burger, sausage, chicken, pork steak, a rib and loads of salad with a tiny bit of potato and coleslaw. Oh, nearly forgot, I had a slither of the cheesecake our host had made, I don't do this often and I did leave most of the base - it was absolutely delightful! Had a few rose spritzers too. Surprised that my BS was 5.4 at bed and 4.4 this morning - perhaps I should do that more often!!
Have been inspired to make my own low carb alternative, it's in the oven now.............

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ tweety. You can make a rather good diabetic friendly cheesecake easily and keep it in slices in the freezer. I love it!!

Geordie lass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Eating has not been a good day today! :( After going to a BBQ last night and eating a little too much that it made me sick....so today I have had to take things easy...

Breakfast...a milky coffee (12g carbs)

Lunch...1 rasher of smoked bacon (0g carbs)

Dinner...I am going to have a chicken salad with potato salad (3G carbs)

Overall, not looking too good. I think my total cals intake is about 400 for the day (please remember I have had a gastric sleeve so my stomach is very small!!). :wideyed:

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
@ tweety. You can make a rather good diabetic friendly cheesecake easily and keep it in slices in the freezer. I love it!!

@ Deb, please can you give me the recipe? Mine has not turned out well:yuck:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
After yesterday's weirdness, I've been curious to see that my BG has been sitting consistently lower than usual today too.

Brekkie: Paleo pumpkin pancakes with blueberries and cream (for Father's Day)
Dinner: home made pizza with cauliflower base. Topping was delicious, but the base was a big disappointment :meh: Back to searching the internet for a better recipe.
Snack: jelly and cream, if needed later

Status
Not open for further replies.