What is your New Year’s Resolution?

Pedro19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Mine are: having lost 31.3kg since diagnosis to lose the remaining 18.7 kg to get my BMI into the healthy range. Secondly to maintain my HbA1c in the ‘non diabetic’ range.
Happy New Year everyone xx
Congratulations Rachox, Please may I ask you a few questions: Did you lose your weight just by low carb diet? I've to lose 25kg (put on over the last 12 months - long story :( ) and i'm waiting for my next HbA1c results on Monday. Hopefully it wont be too high. How do you get yours checked so frequently? My Gp will only check mine once per year!

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The only decision Ive made that could be seen as approaching a resolution, is to delay going back to the gym until February when the annual new years resolution fuelled crush of eager new gym bunnies will have dissapeared and things will be back to normal

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Congratulations Rachox, Please may I ask you a few questions: Did you lose your weight just by low carb diet? I've to lose 25kg (put on over the last 12 months - long story :( ) and i'm waiting for my next HbA1c results on Monday. Hopefully it wont be too high. How do you get yours checked so frequently? My Gp will only check mine once per year!
Thank you! I did just use a low carb diet! I dont go overboard on the fat though, I’d say I do low carb moderate fat. I don’t count calories at all. I don’t feel hungry and the food is enjoyable. I don’t ask for the HbA1c tests, my GP just says each time when he wants the next one, guess I’m lucky. Good luck with your results x

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm going to try not to let it influence my mood anymore when my blood sugar doesn't exactly do what I want it to. Last hba1c (half a year ago) was fine, time in range on the libre is near perfect, next hba1c should be even better, so so what when it isn't in range all the time.

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Take swimming lessons and get back on my bike (not simultaneously)

Tannith

BANNED
Mine is to cut my high fat yoghurt with low fat so I get a 50/50 mixture. I don't like low fat (though I used to eat nothing but low fat a few years ago). I've looked at the label and just 100g hf - less than a serving and a lot less than my usual serving - has 6.6 g sat fat. That's as much sat fat as I am allowed in a whole day!

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Well we are over a week into the new year I wonder how the resolutions made have stood up so far. As I resolved not to make a new year resolution I have so far managed to keep to that.