Phoenix said:and you won't get it
phoenix said:Well it must depend on what you actually do and how many calories you end up eating. The Atkins diabetes book quotes a much higher percentage of protein than is in your diet.So can someone please tell me how low-carb diets are apparently high-protein?
Atkins Diabetes Revolution, p168
ANA=Atkins nutritional Approach; I haven't worked out ARSCPThe amount of protein when you follow the ARSCP may not be that much higher than the amount you ate before you started the programme. When the dietary intake of individuals following the ANA has been studied, generaly 30-35% of their calorie intake is protein.'
borofergie said:[
That's an old book, I was quoting from the latest "New Atkins for New You" which is written by Phinney, Volek and Westman, who are the leading experts and researchers on low-carb diet and ketosis. I don't think they can be blamed if people choose not to follow the diet as prescribed.
phoenix said:Xyzz. This is a thread about protein and kidneys.
borofergie said:I'm interested in this too...
noblehead said:borofergie said:I'm interested in this too...
I bet you are too! :lol: All you need to know is I'm fit and well and maintain very good blood glucose levels for a type 1 of many years, like xyzzy and Grazer have said earlier my diet, diabetes management and lifestyle has been endorsed by all my HCP's.
borofergie said:noblehead said:borofergie said:I'm interested in this too...
I bet you are too! :lol: All you need to know is I'm fit and well and maintain very good blood glucose levels for a type 1 of many years, like xyzzy and Grazer have said earlier my diet, diabetes management and lifestyle has been endorsed by all my HCP's.
Yep, there is nothing like a low-carb, low-protein, low-fat diet for diabetic control...
noblehead said:borofergie said:noblehead said:I bet you are too! :lol: All you need to know is I'm fit and well and maintain very good blood glucose levels for a type 1 of many years, like xyzzy and Grazer have said earlier my diet, diabetes management and lifestyle has been endorsed by all my HCP's.
Yep, there is nothing like a low-carb, low-protein, low-fat diet for diabetic control...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
lucylocket61 said:Errmmmm......................55g of protein is a couple of slices of cheese. Is that all the protein I need a day? :shock:
lucylocket61 said:Errmmmm......................55g of protein is a couple of slices of cheese. Is that all the protein I need a day? :shock:
xyzzy said:While I do not deny your 40% regime may be ideal for you and would never dream of telling you change it is only applicable to T2's who can cope with the roughly 200 grams per day that equates to. I think currently on the forum only Sid seems to manage that amount safely with Grazer a bit behind that.
Sid Bonkers said:Err, not sure where you plucked that from xyzzy I have never eaten anything like 200g of carbs a day since diagnosis, I started off on insulin and was eating about 60g a day and I now eat around about 100g a day but I no longer religiously count them I just eat what I know will keep my levels in check.
lucylocket61 said:Defren:
So the grams of protein is not the total weight of the food?
Right. So 55g of cheese may not have 55g of protein in. Hmmmm - need to do more research I think.
noblehead said:Sid Bonkers said:Err, not sure where you plucked that from xyzzy I have never eaten anything like 200g of carbs a day since diagnosis, I started off on insulin and was eating about 60g a day and I now eat around about 100g a day but I no longer religiously count them I just eat what I know will keep my levels in check.
Poor xyzzy seems to be getting everyone's carb intake wrong today
We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:
Do you accept cookies and these technologies?
We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:
Do you accept cookies and these technologies?