What music are you listening to?

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

We saw Eddi Reader at the Wickham Festival last summer and she still has a wonderful voice. She also had a great band: I can't remember all of them, but they included John Douglas (the current Mr Eddi Reader) on accordion and Boo Hewerdine, who wrote this song, on guitar. Boo H. will be playing a solo set at Wickham this year, which I'm looking forward to but I'm kind of hoping that he may have a guest appearance from a certain bespectacled redhead. Probably wishful thinking :)

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
very shocked to hear the news from America about Chester Bennington from Linkin Park. Look at my previous posts on this thread and most of them were Linkin Park. Think I also admitted to my not so teenage crush on Chester. His poor family. Just goes to show that inner demons often cant be changed. :confused:

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
very shocked to hear the news from America about Chester Bennington from Linkin Park. Look at my previous posts on this thread and most of them were Linkin Park. Think I also admitted to my not so teenage crush on Chester. His poor family. Just goes to show that inner demons often cant be changed. :confused:
I was equally shocked at the news yesterday. A tragic end to a talented guy and deeply sorry for his family and band mates that he leaves behind. I've been listening to most of their music throughout the day. :(

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was equally shocked at the news yesterday. A tragic end to a talented guy and deeply sorry for his family and band mates that he leaves behind. I've been listening to most of their music throughout the day. :(

Me too with listening to the music. My step-son (God love him) asked if we could go to the funeral. He knows how much I thought of Chester so was willing to go with me :). I'm pleased to see here in the UK and on US sites they have been putting the number up for the Samaritans on posts so people are reminded they dont have to go through this alone. I'm lucky I have an attentive husband who notices when the demons are appearing

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Just had XTC cd on in the car 'fossil fuels'

One of the first bands to be signed up by Virgin Records

Reactions: jay hay-char

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
It's a bit long!
I love synth music.
I try and make synth music.
On my desk connected to my pc I have a keyboard.
Typical piano layout but this is a MIDI controller.
That means it has no speakers no headphone socket no onboard sounds whatsoever.
Not a single beep.
The sounds it uses and controls are soft synths inside my pc.
Meaning I have almost limitless sounds and combinations.
A synth as big as the world if you like.
I have the same problem any creative artist has though despite the technology.
I have to try and create something people will want to listen to more than once.
The technology doesn't do the creative part of it.
My mind my emotions my ideas and my fingers still have to figure that bit out.
Then there's talent of course.
Something I'm striving to grow.
Each piece I do has on average between 30 and 60 tracks.
Got to get the levels and effects on each one as right as possible so the listening experience is okay. (Mastering)
That's a flipping art in itself!
I have over thirty tracks accumulated on Reverbnation now covering many styles and genres.
So many genres these days that I haven't a clue about.
I just call it all rock n roll.
It's only rock n roll but I like it.
Please feel free to have a listen and feel free to give me some critisism.
Constructive critisism hopefully.
https://www.reverbnation.com/jackbackband

Last edited:

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Someone once asked me if there was anything he could buy that would just produce music.
My reply was yes .... buy a CD.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Had 'Rumours' on in the car (showing my age which is stuck in a 70's time warp)

Reactions: jay hay-char

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Had 'Rumours' on in the car (showing my age which is stuck in a 70's time warp)
We still play that. Brilliant album for all time I think. At one point we had two copies of that album at the same time. Not long after it came out and we never figured out how that happened. Every person I knew or came across had that album. Compare that with I never met a single person who owned a Tom Jones album or were ever heard playing it at home or in the car.

Reactions: Cumberland

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
We still play that. Brilliant album for all time I think. At one point we had two copies of that album at the same time. Not long after it came out and we never figured out how that happened. Every person I knew or came across had that album. Compare that with I never met a single person who owned a Tom Jones album or were ever heard playing it at home or in the car.

It is an excellent album certainly one of the all time greats

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Always try and listen in to Johnnie Walker's Sounds of the 70's show on a Sunday afternoon, this was played earlier and brought back a few memories, thought Sparks were a great band and the guy on the keyboard was intriguing:

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Always try and listen in to Johnnie Walker's Sounds of the 70's show on a Sunday afternoon, this was played earlier and brought back a few memories, thought Sparks were a great band and the guy on the keyboard was intriguing:

Yes, an interesting band - I still have a scratched and tattered copy of "Kimono My House", somewhere. Although they looked dissimilar, the two guys - Ron and Russell Mael - were brothers When I first saw them on Top of the Pops, I wondered what Blakey from "On the Buses" was doing playing keyboards (those of you who understand this allusion are showing their age, I'm afraid :D)

For those of you who wonder what I'm on about, this is Ron:

iu

... and this is Blakey:

iu

... although I may have got it the wrong way round? ;) :D