Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
target levels.jpg

TC8669

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I aim for the non-diabetic at all times..
Hi There, congratulations on your results most especially given that you are not taking any medication. I'm new here and I'm looking to connect with people who have had success with reducing BS levels. I went on the 800 cal per day and lost quite a bit of weight (3stone) which got my BS down to an average of 5.2 with Metformin. then before christmas I was involved in a lot of travel and ended up gaining 10 lbs. This has placed my BS in the early 6.0's. However, Im curious about the kind of mindset and planning that I can integrate into my daily life so that I can maintain a healthy lifestyle and hopefully get off meds.It would be great to chat with you about your plan of action if possible. Cheers, Tony

Reactions: Prem51

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
However, Im curious about the kind of mindset and planning that I can integrate into my daily life so that I can maintain a healthy lifestyle and hopefully get off meds.It would be great to chat with you about your plan of action if possible. Cheers, Tony
My mindset is as follows.
Carbs are poison to my body so are best avoided at all times as much as is possible. The fact that there are no essential carbs makes this easier although I still do have a few from green veg and the occasional berry/oppo/chocolate delete as applicable.
I also have a deep seated fear of blindness and amputation which helps to keep me on the straight and narrow. Not the same for everyone but that is how I have approached this condition. All my details are in my signature. I am probably seen as a bit extreme by some other forum members which is fine by me. Extreme seems to work for me!

hooose

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I restrict myself to a maximum of 2 slices of wholemeal/ seeded bread a day IF i eat it at all and no rice or pasta, i replace these with kale , courgette, spinach and the very occasional sweet potato, doing this ive managed to drop canagliflozin completely and reduce my metformin

Reactions: Prem51