what should BSL be before bed it is nearly 1:00am and checked my sugar it is 4.3 mg

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Hello was wondering what should my BSL be before I go to bed it is nearly 1:00am and checked my sugar it is 4.3 mg I am not hungry but was wondering if this is ok or should I eat something?

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
4.3 mg? If that is 4.3 mmol/L and you aren't on insulin you shouldn't be at risk of a hypo.
But if you're worried have a biscuit or something.

Reactions: annabell1 and Shas3

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
onions
leek
4.3 mg? If that is 4.3 mmol/L and you aren't on insulin you shouldn't be at risk of a hypo.
But if you're worried have a biscuit or something.
ok thank you for that
I`m not on insulin but take tablets

Reactions: Shas3 and CondorX

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
onions
leek
Which tablets do you take? (Just to be on the safe side.)
hello sorry for late reply I seem to be having some problems logging onto the app on my mobile and can only access on my computer .

I take Diamicron 60mg and Januvia 100mg both in the morning

Energize

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
"The elimination half-life of gliclazide varies between 12 and 20 hours" (Gliclazide being the generic name for Diamicron, which is also a slow-release version of the medication)
Info from here - https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/1321/smpc

"Half life" means the time the med is active in your system, although the effect will lessen towards the latter end. You could maybe check how long

"Januvia has a half life of 12.4 hours, and so after 87 hours (about 3 and 1/2 days) greater than 99% of the drug will be out of your system. There are several other classes of medication available for the treatment of diabetes"
This seems the general opinion, although I know very little re Januvia. There are several references in Google, of which this is just one. https://www.rxlist.com/januvia-drug.htm#dosage

I'm not a medic and I'm not saying any of this info is accurate but it does seem to generally say same.

At least it should give you a starting point, should you wish to delve deeper. Alternatively, ask your pharmacist as they will either know, or be able to check, for you.

So, the suggestion of a biscuit, ie Rich Tea, but not a high sugar content, should do you OK without raising your blood levels too much.

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
onions
leek
"The elimination half-life of gliclazide varies between 12 and 20 hours" (Gliclazide being the generic name for Diamicron, which is also a slow-release version of the medication)
Info from here - https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/1321/smpc

"Half life" means the time the med is active in your system, although the effect will lessen towards the latter end. You could maybe check how long

"Januvia has a half life of 12.4 hours, and so after 87 hours (about 3 and 1/2 days) greater than 99% of the drug will be out of your system. There are several other classes of medication available for the treatment of diabetes"
This seems the general opinion, although I know very little re Januvia. There are several references in Google, of which this is just one. https://www.rxlist.com/januvia-drug.htm#dosage

I'm not a medic and I'm not saying any of this info is accurate but it does seem to generally say same.

At least it should give you a starting point, should you wish to delve deeper. Alternatively, ask your pharmacist as they will either know, or be able to check, for you.

So, the suggestion of a biscuit, ie Rich Tea, but not a high sugar content, should do you OK without raising your blood levels too much.
Thank you for that I will have look at the link that you provided.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Hello was wondering what should my BSL be before I go to bed it is nearly 1:00am and checked my sugar it is 4.3 mg I am not hungry but was wondering if this is ok or should I eat something?

Noting that you are on BG lowering medication, at the moment I would kill for a BG of 4.3 before bed.

Reactions: Shas3 and annabell1