What smartphone do you use for your Dexcom transmitter?

kaup

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey,

What smartphone do you use for your Dexcom transmitter?

I'm located in a country where it says on the Dexcom compatibility list that I can only get the Dexcom app to work on specific Samsung smartphones.

Since I use a LG smartphone i now have to buy a new phone simply to be able to use the Dexcom transmitter with a compatible Dexcom app from google store.

Any workarounds?

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Many people use xDrip to get around the Dexcom limited support for Android phones.
It is a very techy tool - developed by techies for techies.
I use it for Libre and prefer it to the official app.
I had a short Dexcom trial and used the official Dexcom app and found the functionality very limited.

If you want to know about xDrip, I recommend the Facebook group which has links to the app (it is not available in the Play Store) and very helpful support team (provided you check the available documents first).

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
I use a samsung S10E but when I had this problem was the G5 (dexcom didn't have my S10E on their list) I was sent to this site which might be worth a try.
Search Results for "dexcom g6" | AndroidFileHost.com | Download GApps, Roms, Kernels, Themes, Firmware and more. Free file hosting for all Android developers.

Disclaimer, I haven't used it, but it supposedly allows you to download the app without checking that the phone is on the approved list.

It was recommended to me by @pablodr
Dexcom g5 app and newish phones | Diabetes Forum • The Global Diabetes Community

Good luck.