What to eat when you go out for dinner!

pinky_69

Type of diabetes
Type 2
We like to eat out often but now im so unsure what to eat! If any of you eat out what kind of thing would you order? Thank you.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Steak ,fish ,chicken ask for extra veg and no spuds Cheese board lots of cheese no crackers or maybe one small one The last time I went for a meal with family I had a salad with avocado and crayfish Every one envied my choice !
CAROL

Reactions: 2 people

shaunalisaxx

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Clowns, Rats/Mice, Needles & Blood Tests.
When I go out I eat chicken breasts/steak with alot of salad or veg and a small portion of carbs. I generally eat very healthy at home during the week so when I go out for dinner I will treat myself. I would just take a larger amount of novorapid and you will be covered.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The op (pinky) is type 2 and so may not be on insulin
CAROL

mfactor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't eat out often so tend not to worry as I am fairly strict 6 days a week (LCHF) but have a few extra carbs on a sat or sun ............

I find that my bloods are fine with just the odd higher carb day, probably because I lift 3/4 times a week which depletes my muscle stores, so when I have a higher carb day, it goes straight into my muscles to replace the stores so to speak...( I still only have 60-80g of carbs on high carb day tho....)

Along the lines of CKD http://ketodietapp.com/Blog/post/2013/11/05/Types-of-Ketogenic-Diets-and-the-KetoDiet-Approach

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, I scan the menu, pick something that appeals, ask for potatoes to be replaced with chips or salad (I can usually do half a portion of chips without too much aggro but boiled potatoes don't work because they digest too quickly), and then I settle down to enjoy it.

I avoid starchy carby options like lasagne or bready stuff, and go for salads, steaks, ribs, dry curries, etc.

Haven't yet been somewhere I couldn't find a meal I enjoyed.
- oh, except for teashop cafe cream tea and cheap Chinese takeaway kind of places. They are hopeless. But pubs, restaurants, nice cafes, indians and nice chineses are all fine, depending on choice.

Last week I had a very nice fish and chips. Had all the fish, 1/3 of the chips, all the salad, very little batter.
It was delicious!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A Byron Burger skinny burger with an extra meat pattie and 2 slices of cheese would be my choice every time. :D I had one on Saturday. :D:D