Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
at the moment i,m on long term sick
i used to work with vunerable boys in care and want to get to rhat type of work

Sorry to hear you are on long term sick:( but your care work with vulnerable boys, sounds so rewarding. Good luck ally1.

Reactions: 2 people

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Former nurse, and now back in the family firm.

No, not the Mafia,farming ;)

I chase (or get chased by )sheep for a living, guess that makes me a shepherd/ shepherdess/shepherdperson :D

Signy

Reactions: 7 people

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Before I got ill many years ago I was an archaeologist. Then I met hubby and moved to his farm on the island in the Baltic sea where I now live. We run the farm between us and I am in charge of the vegetable part of it. Since I started thyroid meds and got my energy back I have built a larger poly tunnel and generally expanded the vegetables but it is still very small scale, only about 12000 square metres vegetables and 400 sq m poly tunnel.

Cherry tomatoes are coming along nicely, picked 12 kilogram this afternoon.

Reactions: 9 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Please move near me , or can I live near you :)

You live in Norfolk don't you? I have never been to Norfolk, but I do know a friend of mine who lives there:D Hampshire is lovely too,so many lovely villages and small towns, even the bus stops have thatched roofs, charming and picturesque :joyful: ps on my weekly bus journey through the countryside, last year a thatched cottage roof was being re thatched and the two roofers were shirtless as it was hot and very sunny, phew:joyful: pity it was only once a week journeyo_O you are more than welcome Kat:)

Reactions: 4 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Former nurse, and now back in the family firm.

No, not the Mafia,farming ;)

I chase (or get chased by )sheep for a living, guess that makes me a shepherd/ shepherdess/shepherdperson :D

Signy
My parents kept cattle, pigs and hens. When they were retired they let the fields out to a sheep farmer. I was asked to help separate them one day.......I thought it would be as easy as working with pigs and cattle.......how wrong was I? 'Stand in that gap' they said...and I promptly got head butted by a ram, I almost passed out. I don't like sheep. Sheep are vicious.

Reactions: 9 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
My parents kept cattle, pigs and hens. When they were retired they let the fields out to a sheep farmer. I was asked to help separate them one day.......I thought it would be as easy as working with pigs and cattle.......how wrong was I? 'Stand in that gap' they said...and I promptly got head butted by a ram, I almost passed out. I don't like sheep. Sheep are vicious.

LOL that made me laugh,' Sheep are vicious' thank you for that, love it ( but sorry you got hurt though):oops:

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

LOL ! Sorry you got hurt though !
Yup, people have the impression that all sheep are docile, cute ickle fluffy not very bright wee animals. Ha!

Someone else has the user name "sheepareevil". It should have been me ! (Sobs):depressed::arghh:

Signy

Reactions: 3 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As little as I can get away with!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
LOL that made me laugh,' Sheep are vicious' thank you for that, love it ( but sorry you got hurt though):oops:

Saying that, all the sheep I see on my weekly countryside jaunts look so docile, cute, just well sheepish and lambyo_O

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Saying that, all the sheep I see on my weekly countryside jaunts look so docile, cute, just well sheepish and lambyo_O

Don't be deceived - it's all a front.:mask: They huddle together and plot... first the collies get it...then us on the front lines who serve to protect you from their evil machinations...then you're all doomed, I tell ye ! Doomed !

Signy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Don't be deceived - it's all a front.:mask: They huddle together and plot... first the collies get it...then us on the front lines who serve to protect you from their evil machinations...then you're all doomed, I tell ye ! Doomed !

Signy

ROFL.just laughed my lambs wool socks off:joyful: classic:D

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
wolfinsheepsclothing.jpg

Don't say I didn't warn you!

Signy

Reactions: 12 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Or for the LCHF fans a passanda sauce made with almonds and cream. I am drooling as I type!
Surely you didn't think the farmers keep them for their cuteness?

No of course I people don't think the farmers keep the sheep for their cuteness o_O It's actually to add a bit of colour to the green fields, a bit of white,brown or black dotted here and there, colour coordinated:D,so very Gok Wan. It would look very boring with just green all the time;) lol

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Aged 16-18 printing.
Aged 18-52 car manufacturing. Production operator, team leader, kiazan,.
Retired. Ha!
Aged 52 to present, groundsman part-time sports ground.

Would have loved to be a historian, fascinated with American Civil war and Duke of Wellington.

Reactions: 3 people
K

Kat100

You live in Norfolk don't you? I have never been to Norfolk, but I do know a friend of mine who lives there:D Hampshire is lovely too,so many lovely villages and small towns, even the bus stops have thatched roofs, charming and picturesque :joyful: ps on my weekly bus journey through the countryside, last year a thatched cottage roof was being re thatched and the two roofers were shirtless as it was hot and very sunny, phew:joyful: pity it was only once a week journeyo_O you are more than welcome Kat:)

I am already on a house swap with beachbag from Wales, lol , so yes Hampshire it is .....always ready to expand the swaps :cool: ( good business site this is ) !!!!! Lol there was a film where girls swapped homes in different counties ...nice soppy film it was...
Hampshire is a lovely place , Norfolk is just flat and wild rather than quaint...
You live in a very lovely place:)
Of course I will want the bus trips you take and the good weather :rolleyes::hungover::happy:
Suffolk is much prettier than Norfolk , that's where minsmere is ...the wild bird trust.....nice there...xxx