What was your bg reading last night and this morning?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I haven't been testing since early November as I am having a rest from it, and have had 2 Libre sensors instead.

I was curious last night (no Libre at the moment) to see if Christmas had a lasting effect.

Bed time 5.5
Fasting 5.5

Erin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mean people, corrupt politicians, poverty, happy pharmaceutical ads;
My morning numbers especially and the rest of the day, have been very high for the past two years (sometimes as high as 17). Paradoxically the A1C is below 7-- I don't understand that. I no longer have to worry about hypoglycemia with the high bloods. I have asked my dr. for an increase in glyclazide, which has not yet reached the max. There is a concern for Stage 3 kidney, and so recently my Metformin has been cut by one third as it is not recommended for kidney metabolism. I wonder if kidney deterioration is not infact more likely to be caused by two years of hyperglycemia.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My morning numbers especially and the rest of the day, have been very high for the past two years (sometimes as high as 17). Paradoxically the A1C is below 7-- I don't understand that. I no longer have to worry about hypoglycemia with the high bloods. I have asked my dr. for an increase in glyclazide, which has not yet reached the max. There is a concern for Stage 3 kidney, and so recently my Metformin has been cut by one third as it is not recommended for kidney metabolism. I wonder if kidney deterioration is not infact more likely to be caused by two years of hyperglycemia.

The HbA1c is not always a reliable marker. For some it can give significantly higher results, and for others it can give significant lower numbers. Have a look at this recent thread
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/can-you-help-with-a-discrepancy.159695/

Erin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mean people, corrupt politicians, poverty, happy pharmaceutical ads;

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 and 5.3 amazingly I had a shed load of carbs yesterday but evened it out with alcohol in a similar amount. Stressing my liver I have no doubt.

I have been doing the same today and haven't had my tea yet. :arghh: Still only doing the odd test here and there. I will test at bedtime and tomorrow morning.

Reactions: Freema