What was your bg reading last night and this morning?

charlie000

I fasted today from 0300 - 2045. No food or drink (nothing at all). It was quite difficult, my BG dipped to 3.6mmol at around 1845. But I felt fine, very alert, checked again at 2045 and it was 4.2mmol.

Reactions: Pasha

Shas3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Woke up to the same number as when I went to bed ... 6.8 ... Not terribly happy but not getting too bogged down either. I will be seeing my doctor today with my latest tests. They show my post eating numbers being good but fasting still on slightly higher side...

My cholesterol profile has improved significantly since last test. HDL up, LDL down (but still a bit higher than desirable) and triglycerides are significantly lowered.

Vitamin D is well in desirable range. It was quite low, which is a shame considering i live on the equator with sunshine all year round.

Doctor should hopefully be happy with the progress. My main point is - if I could get off the gliptin (onglyza) that he put me on a while ago. Let’s see. Good day everyone

charlie000

4.2 last night
4.2 this morning

I am doing gym in the evenings as I am fasting for 30 days as a challenge with my Muslim friend.

Shas3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.8 @ 6:30 am after a bad night’s sleep ... getting myself to gym today to get some activity and hope better sleep

Atad heavy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 last night
5.5 this morning
Am I taming the beast or just up before my liver?

Reactions: Prem51