What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.9
Temp 35.5 C

I put my Speech Processor on early this morning. 5am and the birds outside are making a heck of a racket. I don’t know if this is normal at this time. It is dark outside...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great photograph and imagery @OldButBold you have inspired me to try 3 seascapes based on breakwaters.

@SaskiaKC @gennepher @Krystyna23040 thank you for your compliments regarding my painting.

@gennepher particularly liked the background of this piece of digital art.

Our Recorder quartet/quintet are looking at being able to perform together over the Internet. The guy who leads the quartet sent sound files from his music software, Sibelius, along with PDF music scores so rehearsaing alone will be easier ready for the Video Link and playing together. Just now need to workout how to sync my iPad to TV which may make it easier with a bigger image to see whilst trying to read the music. If this works then we shall try the same with the folk group.
Thank you for liking the digital art @Muddy Cyclist

Reactions: True Blue

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I keep waking up in the middle of the night and being unable to get back to sleep - very frustrating then I’m tired all afternoon. FBG is 4.3 at the moment, I’ve made a mug of tea and back in bed feeling quite cosy and warm and happy to be here.
Planned big Mothering Sunday dinner obviously won’t be happening now but there’s still plenty to feel grateful for.
@PenguinMum have you looked at this https://www.pharmacy2u.co.uk to get your meds delivered? Free delivery on all NHS prescriptions
@Muddy Cyclist I love your slate pictures and @gennepher your art app is really interesting, I’ve just received some coloured pencils I ordered, plus blender and burnisher pencils. I’m going to take inspiration from you both and start to draw again.
Hope everyone has a contented and relaxed day as possible.
Thank you @DJC3
I hope you enjoy drawing and creating.

Reactions: True Blue and DJC3

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
81% of coronavirus cases have been mild and the people have recovered.
I've just read this both in the New York Times and on the ars technica website.

Reactions: DJC3

Barb McD

So I said to Arnie, "Where'd you get those toilet rolls?"

ESpS-lCUYAA41uc

He said, "Aisle B, back."

@Saskia - such an unexpected LOL followed by a little light LMAO.

Now if I could just calm down I’d post my fbg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Muddy Cyclist This is from your own Health Secretary:

Secondhand smoke
Exposure to secondhand smoke is also likely to exacerbate the risks from coronavirus, alongside the other harms it causes. Therefore, smokers who are self-isolating and are not able to go outside to smoke should seek alternatives such as Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) or e-cigarettes to protect the people around them from harm.

https://ash.org.uk/media-and-news/p...king-makes-the-impact-of-a-coronavirus-worse/
Thanks for all the information, as you say not conclusive. I have thought of all the ways of getting them to move on but inour society most actions could be turned against me. Police will not be interested I know from the odd times that their was a real problem.so email to our local councillor and hope the C19 situation prompts him to action.

Reactions: True Blue

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. Hope you are not feeling too "blue".

Just spent nearly an hour on-line ordering Tesco groceries for collection in three weeks' time. Very little choice. Many out of stock. Wonder what I shall actually get on the day. Still, this is better than the 2.00 a.m. attempt on Asda, yesterday, when my payment was refused after half an hour of clicking on their pages of plenty.

Just tested FBG at 8.6 mmo/lt at 0530, after all this faff. BG was 6.7 yesterday at 1530.

Every day that you wake up is one day nearer the end of this time of trial. Happy Mothering Sunday to all mothers and the Mother Church.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.5 for me today.

Wonderful pink sunrise but isn't it "Red sky in the morning Shepherds warning"?

Master time and use it wisely today.

Fbg 6.9
Temp 35.5 C

I put my Speech Processor on early this morning. 5am and the birds outside are making a heck of a racket. I don’t know if this is normal at this time. It is dark outside...

Yes the Dawn chorus seems to starts about that time, a wonderful greeting to the day.

@DJC3 thank you for the compliment regarding @gennepher and my paintings. I'm pleased they may have inspired you to start your art again, enjoy and share some please.

Reactions: DJC3 and karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just tested FBG at 8.6 mmo/lt at 0530, after all this faff. BG was 6.7 yesterday at 1530.
Winner for your last paragraph but Hug for the score and On line ordeal.

Mrs MC and I have to look and take stock today to see how long we can survive on what is in our cupboards with a view to replenishing on line, worrying times, take care.

Barb McD

Morning everyone

Fbg 3.8 @ 6am, I’m working on it.

@gennepher - your art work is a joy.

@Muddy - ditto, thank you x 2 to you both. Beauty is beauty, and while there is so much around that is NOT wonderful (both sets of) your posts are inspiring

@jjraak - worldometer is exactly the information I need to make sense of this - because I am who and what I am (memory issues minute to minute) these verifiable figures match local NI & national - and strangely calms me.

Unexpected laughter, kind thoughts, windows into your lives and genuine concern.

Happy to start my day here.

Laters folks, health & happiness and a wonderful Mothering Sunday to everyone.

B

Reactions: karen8967

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/evening folks, a 5.2 on the sanitized dice of doom. Happy Mothering Sunday to all mothers out there, I'm off to rescue granddaughter from the den of iniquity that is Rochester and bring her home, uni has closed for the foreseeable and any lessons will be online, so I'll be firing up the Tranny van because she attracts clutter and won't part with any of it.

Enjoy your day peeps, tomorrows Monday.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning @DJC3 .
I'm sorry you're having trouble sleeping, and about your Mothering Sunday plans.
Hugs to you and to Dennis. :)

Thanks Saskia. Virtual hugs always welcome. You and the KC stay safe and have a hug back ( from me, I doubt KC would appreciate one from Dennis, he can be a little overenthusiastic )

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 4.9 made big effort yesterday. Never thought I would get a run of 4s but now it seems immaterial. @Muddy Cyclist and @gennepher and soon to be joined by @DJC3 art and creativity is food for the soul and thanks so much for sharing. My bottom line in all this is as long as the water keeps coming from the taps, the electricity stays on and the internet stays we will somehow manage. Beautiful sunny start to Mothers Day so hope you all get some pleasure from the day just being and knowing.
Stay well, stay safe.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.5 for me today.

Wonderful pink sunrise but isn't it "Red sky in the morning Shepherds warning"?

Master time and use it wisely today.

Yes the Dawn chorus seems to starts about that time, a wonderful greeting to the day.

@DJC3 thank you for the compliment regarding @gennepher and my paintings. I'm pleased they may have inspired you to start your art again, enjoy and share some please.

Not sure I’m ready to share yet lol! I’m just enjoying the feel of the lovely Derwent pencils and practicing blending the colours and drawing cylinders to get the light and contrast right. It’s very therapeutic even so.