What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What - you don't believe his pronouncement that 'it will all be over by Easter'!!!!!
I do agree - he is really dearranged and scary.
The looks on the faces of his staffers standing behind him say it all...particularly Dr Fauci who Trump has stated he is a good man...oh dear that means the writing is on the wall likely to be dismissed shortly Krystyna.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Maybe not but he is gorgeous happy birthday Dennis

I think those eyebrows will be truly reminiscent of his namesake Dennis Healy by the time he’s allowed back to the groomers, we might have to try an embarrassing home trim. I don’t think he’ll be looking quite so dapper in a months time lol.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Blimey the first prison death at Little Hey Prison been to that establishment...thankfully not recently.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am late posting this morning. I decided to make one final trip to the shop. And to the post office to get a whole pile of stamps. so that if I don't really want to go into the shops after this, I can at least go down to a post box and post any letters and postcards I have.

The post office lady had got in some Welsh stamps for me which was very nice of her so I brought all of those she had in.

It came to 40 quid.

Social distancing with taped out distances in this food shop I went in. Great I thought, brilliant, until customers coming in push past me or push me aside to get the very thing I was reaching for. One guy was an enormous heffalump with his trousers sprawling halfway down his massive bum cheeks and he didn't give a s*** about anybody. And he used his body weight to push me aside.

I did not react, I didn't even look at him because that would have probably been more body contact.

I then did the rest of my shopping and I only picked one or two items instead of the three I could have done, because I want to leave things for other people even though I'm trying to do a shop to make me last as long as possible.

Anyway I got to the till and the till lady had seen what was happening. She said nothing but that don't mean that in a bad way her eyes just looked at me. Have you got everything you need she asked?

Yes, I said, I want to stay at home for as long as possible. Very wise the shop lady said. And then she said, you can take 3 of each item you know. I know I replied, but I want to leave some for others.

You have to think about yourself, she said, you want to come out as less as possible, and, she continues, I think there is a memo you are only going to be able to have two of any item. Would you like another two of the single items in your basket? Yes please, I said. And she went and got them for me.

And because it happened like that, I did not feel bad about it.

Then she wants me to disinfect all my shopping when I got home, and put the non perishables in a box for at least 3 days because the coronavirus can live on surfaces.

She doesn't know I have been doing all this for well over a month now. I thank her for advice.

I come home, disinfect all the shopping before I take it in the house. Then I disinfect my car...the steering wheel, drivers seat and all that area, door handle etc, and disinfect my walker.

Then disinfect the handle on my gate, and the kitchen door, then I strip off (outside) and then put all in the washing machine.

Then shower.

I am not going out for at least 4 weeks...

I am going out in garden now. Will read and catch up tonight.

Take care.

xxx

I’m glad the horribleness of that fellow customer was offset in some slight way by the caring attitude of the shop assistant. Enjoy your garden in the sunshine this afternoon Gennepher.

Reactions: jjraak

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've never understood the recent attempts by some groups to get people to stop eating beef and drinking milk and putting cream in our coffee. "They" say it's because cows drink too much water and release too much methane into "our" air.
But now, with the western-world-wide toilet paper shortage, I think farmers and ranchers should keep on keeping cows. After all, cows eat corn. And. as our ancestors knew (and we of this present generation should learn), there is a valuable by-product of the corn that is shucked and fed to cows.

images

Reactions: DJC3

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes indeed, he is neither wise nor well behaved - I’m holding a treat up to get him to sit and pose for the photo!

Your pups look like perfect Andrex puppies @ianpspurs gorgeous.
@PenguinMum I can just imagine the Benny Hill scene with Mr and Mrs Fuzz, glad they’re back to keep your spirits up.
@Ryhia glad the PE is going down well with your family, there’s so much online isn’t there? and more stuff being added daily. I don’t know how old your grandchildren are but David Walliams is also doing a live story time at 11am, my 9yo granddaughter loves his books so that will be a big hit.
Edit to change Ryhia’s family relationships I got wrong. ( sorry)
Thanks for the info re David Walliams, grandchilden are 9 and 10 so I'll mention it to them.

Reactions: jjraak and DJC3

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've just been looking at some death and hospitalization statistics for the 2018-19 flu season.
Appallingly high numbers. I had no idea.
Perhaps the high numbers indicated people who did not get flu shots.
Or who got flu shots, but for only the flue strains actually covered by the vaccinations.

None of these statistics made any headlines as far as I could see online.
They certainly didn't make for conversations among any people I knew, where I live or online. I had and have no idea whether the US president, the UK prime minister, or any other government leader or head of state was vaccinated or had the flu.
Stores stayed open. Toilet paper and hand sanitizer, bread, and milk stayed on store shelves.
Amazon delivered as usual.
Restaurants and universities and other schools stayed open, closing only for the usual -- snow, tornadoes, hurricanes.
Friends could visit friends. Families could visit families. People could go to work -- and most did, even when sick, even when their coworkers grumbled and told them they should be at home in bed.

I realize that one reason for the current pandemic panic is the fact that there is no vaccine against the coronavirus, at this time.
Even if there were, I wonder how many people would get vaccinated.
I wonder how many will get vaccinated when there IS a vaccine.
Maybe that vaccine will protect against this season's strain of coronavirus, but I don't know if it will protect against a future strain.

Maybe no headlines or TV news programs broadcast the flu death count because the people who died were blamed and discounted for not having gotten vaccinated?

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy to to report Sainsbury Click & Collect went without a hitch. Enough young staff in the car park managing the traffic. I felt sorry by comparison for the snake of trolley holders around one end of the car park one metre apart. I simply parked when directed next to the C&C van and the cheerful girl wearing gloves put the three crates on the ground next to my car and I also wearing gloves stowed everything in the boot. Then Inremoved my gloves from the outside in put in nearby rubbish bin and sanitised both hands before getting in the car. Home sanitised each item with Dettox wipe and stowed away. Washed my hands thoroughly with soap water. Job done, hope its enough.
@gennepher sorry about the ignoramous in the shop but glad the cashier was so nice. @SaskiaKC very funny re toilet roll.
We had lunch in the garden today which was a special treat.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happy to to report Sainsbury Click & Collect went without a hitch. Enough young staff in the car park managing the traffic. I felt sorry by comparison for the snake of trolley holders around one end of the car park one metre apart. I simply parked when directed next to the C&C van and the cheerful girl wearing gloves put the three crates on the ground next to my car and I also wearing gloves stowed everything in the boot. Then Inremoved my gloves from the outside in put in nearby rubbish bin and sanitised both hands before getting in the car. Home sanitised each item with Dettox wipe and stowed away. Washed my hands thoroughly with soap water. Job done, hope its enough.
@gennepher sorry about the ignoramous in the shop but glad the cashier was so nice. @SaskiaKC very funny re toilet roll.
Thank you.
That sounds a very successful expedition.
I am pleased for you.
You did well @PenguinMum

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@PenguinMum I am very glad to hear your Sainsbury's shop went so well. :) And lunch in the garden sounds lovely.

@gennepher that is horrible about the guy in the shop. He and I are lucky I wasn't there. I had enough problems with a big guy at my store yesterday who filled his basket with cat food and then stood there, in the middle of the aisle and right in front of all the cat food, looking at his phone (checking his list?). I wasn't about to say anything to him for fear it would come out "MOVE!" instead of "Excuse me please" -- so there I stood, about 6-9 feet away from him, impatiently waiting for him to notice me and share the shelves.
And then when he finally did move, coming past me (! :wideyed::rolleyes:) instead of going the other way, which was clear, I smiled at him instead of glaring.

Maybe I should have breathed at him.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I started my first online art group teaching session today. It is with my art group. We normally meet every Thursday, but obviously not now in person. They were reticent in using technology initially for us to talk, and I must admit I was despairing up to today. But they sussed it out.

For their first project I gave them this to read with a suggestion we do a sky each day that is outside our windows

https://www.scratchmadejournal.com/blog/watercolor-tutorial-how-to-paint-skies-clouds

And said they could use any medium...watercolour, acrylics, crayons, collage, or even digital.

They don't know my digital painting that you see every day from me.

So I just did a very simple digital painting and posted it just now within my art group. They love it and want to try it out themsrlves now....

So here is my simple digital painting of the sky outside my front window.
image-26-03-20-02-47-1.jpg

So I will post here every Thursday of an idea, the project I set them for the week, and my painting on it, whether it is digital or painting with a brush.

So if you want an idea or inspiration it will be here on a Thursday.

This will be my daily painting for today.

Now to work on this to best present this same subject to my grandchildren. They are getting a weekly art project too

Reactions: alf_Josiah and DJC3

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@PenguinMum I am very glad to hear your Sainsbury's shop went so well. :) And lunch in the garden sounds lovely.

@gennepher that is horrible about the guy in the shop. He and I are lucky I wasn't there. I had enough problems with a big guy at my store yesterday who filled his basket with cat food and then stood there, in the middle of the aisle and right in front of all the cat food, looking at his phone (checking his list?). I wasn't about to say anything to him for fear it would come out "MOVE!" instead of "Excuse me please" -- so there I stood, about 6-9 feet away from him, impatiently waiting for him to notice me and share the shelves.
And then when he finally did move, coming past me (! :wideyed::rolleyes:) instead of going the other way, which was clear, I smiled at him instead of glaring.

Maybe I should have breathed at him.
The ignoramuses of this world are clueless, have no sensitivity at all @SaskiaKC

Something sweetly said would probably disarm them more effectively than saying 'MOVE'

However I am glad I did Aikido a couple of decades ago, and we were taught one defensive move should we be attacked (we were taught more but told to remember this one cos it might save our lives one-day), and it would render our opponent helpless and defenceless...you can bet your bottom dollar I am remembering and going through the motions now.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The ignoramuses of this world are clueless, have no sensitivity at all @SaskiaKC

Something sweetly said would probably disarm them more effectively than saying 'MOVE'

However I am glad I did Aikido a couple of decades ago, and we were taught one defensive move should we be attacked (we were taught more but told to remember this one cos it might save our lives one-day), and it would render our opponent helpless and defenceless...you can bet your bottom dollar I am remembering and going through the motions now.

The guy at the shop sounded to me like a bully, knowing very well his weight and size and knowing how to use them to intimidate other people.
Scary.

That's one thing I don't like about the program Blue Bloods that for awhile I was watching regularly. All the "big" guys in it are literally big guys. The police commissioner and his two sidekicks.
Big men have never intimidated me, because I am just 5'2" and am used to most men being taller (and larger) than me.
But I have learned that some men see their physical stature as some sort of advantage. And that guy in your shop sounds to me like a bully.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I started my first online art group teaching session today. It is with my art group. We normally meet every Thursday, but obviously not now in person. They were reticent in using technology initially for us to talk, and I must admit I was despairing up to today. But they sussed it out.

For their first project I gave them this to read with a suggestion we do a sky each day that is outside our windows

https://www.scratchmadejournal.com/blog/watercolor-tutorial-how-to-paint-skies-clouds

And said they could use any medium...watercolour, acrylics, crayons, collage, or even digital.

So I just did a very simple digital painting and posted it just now within my art group. They love it and want to try it out themsrlves now....

View attachment 39708

So I will post here every Thursday of an idea, the project I set them for the week, and my painting on it, whether it is digital or painting with a brush.

Now to work on this to best present this same subject to my grandchildren. They are getting a weekly art project too

It is beautiful. Thank you for posting it. :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The guy at the shop sounded to me like a bully, knowing very well his weight and size and knowing how to use them to intimidate other people.
Scary.

That's one thing I don't like about the program Blue Bloods that for awhile I was watching regularly. All the "big" guys in it are literally big guys. The police commissioner and his two sidekicks.
Big men have never intimidated me, because I am just 5'2" and am used to most men being taller (and larger) than me.
But I have learned that some men see their physical stature as some sort of advantage. And that guy in your shop sounds to me like a bully.
I agree @SaskiaKC a bully relying on his obese indecent size, but at heart is probably your worst coward....

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 39708

Thanks Gennepher your digital painting is really uplifting and I did enjoy your link re painting the sky. Might even give it a go, and Ill definitely look forward to your Thursday inspiration.

Reactions: Ryhia

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Blimey the first prison death at Little Hey Prison been to that establishment...thankfully not recently.

That is sad for a prison, so scary for the inmates.

But on a lighter note, that is an absolutely horrible name for a prison. A whole new verse to "Jailhouse Rock,"
"Little hi, little ho, little hey ... :

:singing::sorry::bag:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Lunch in the garden sounds lovely, and your shopping trip click and collect style, a lot better than that long trolley snake queue..
My sister in law has just told me I won’t recognise the world when I get out of quarantine - it’s all changed so much in just a few days.