What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't feel uneasy. As one of those 1.5 million who need shielding I appreciate you sharing the fruits of your talent. Consider it part of putting your arm around us and thanks very much.
Thankyou, and keep safe, hard times.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
@Ryhia the lessons are divided into very short sections 5- 10 mins long. There is strong encouragement to login daily. It's possible I misremembered the fee to upgrade to advert free. However would not have been expensive and I am learning so much more now. There is a three mistakes and you are temporarily out system which slows progress in the free version. Plus the adverts are annoying.
@SaskiaKC Leylandii can get very tall. Up to 40 feet. Ours is now approximately half it's original height at about 8 feet. Its now as tall as it is wide. Am still shrinking it slowly and carefully because although a very vigorous hedge Leylandii is also sensitive. Cut it back too much and you have permanent ugly brown patches.
@gennepher hugs for your seed frustration. Have been trying to buy seeds here in Normandy. On Amazon.fr 10 x courgette seeds cost a massive €12.50. All DIY stores are closed. So are garden centres. Seeds difficult to find, seedlings impossible.
But sorting the last few pots in the garden found a self seeded tomato.plant growing in with an avocado. Left the two friends together. (It's a bit late.for quarantine) but gave them some new compost. Weather report says it's going to be cold. Maybe i need to fetch my seedlings in. Bricomarché will.deliver a tiny greenhouse, but if you want a polytunnel you have to collect it. But ofc you cant because they are shut. Grrrr useless people.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The following is an excerpt from a March 13, 2020 article by Jonathan Tepperman, Editor in Chief, Foreign Policy:

As of this writing, 116,145 people have contracted COVID-19, the disease caused by the virus, and 4,090 of them have died. Worse, in the West, infections are still accelerating, which means it has yet to experience the pandemic’s full force.
... We as a species have survived far worse. ... I’m talking about HIV/AIDS (which, for many years, had a 100 percent fatality rate, 95-99 percentage points higher than the coronavirus), SARS, and H1N1. I’m talking about the seasonal flu, which killed 80,000 people in 2017-2018 in the United States alone—75,910 more than have died so far from COVID-19 worldwide. Or consider traffic accidents, which kill about 1.25 million people every year yet seem to have little impact on people’s behavior, either good and bad.
Yet, despite the likelihood that the majority of people will never get the virus and that the vast majority who do (assuming it doesn’t mutate) will survive, people and governments are reacting in some extreme ways.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/03/11/coronavirus-global-panic/

Reactions: DJC3

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@SaskiaKC Leylandii can get very tall. Up to 40 feet. Ours is now approximately half it's original height at about 8 feet. Its now as tall as it is wide. Am still shrinking it slowly and carefully because although a very vigorous hedge Leylandii is also sensitive. Cut it back too much and you have permanent ugly brown patches.

Thank you. :) The pictures I Googled show lovely plants.
I also enjoyed reading about your tomato and avocado friends. :)

Reactions: HarryBeau

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good bless, @SaskiaKC .

I Won't be engaging in this conversation
except to repeat each post.
This is not flu.

Wish you well.

#prayforamerica.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
With all that's crazy going on in the world I feel uneasy posting my art this evening. Equally I promised I would finish the first in my @OldButBold Lost Souls watercolour. So here it is A4 size Watercolour Lost Souls entering the grey havens by moonlight.

View attachment 39717
Always post @Muddy Cyclist
Whatever is going on in the world, and however it makes you feel. We need to see and read other stuff no matter how bad things are in the world.
This is brilliant.

Reactions: HarryBeau

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher hugs for your seed frustration. Have been trying to buy seeds here in Normandy. On Amazon.fr 10 x courgette seeds cost a massive €12.50. All DIY stores are closed. So are garden centres. Seeds difficult to find, seedlings impossible.
But sorting the last few pots in the garden found a self seeded tomato.plant growing in with an avocado. Left the two friends together. (It's a bit late.for quarantine) but gave them some new compost. Weather report says it's going to be cold. Maybe i need to fetch my seedlings in. Bricomarché will.deliver a tiny greenhouse, but if you want a polytunnel you have to collect it. But ofc you cant because they are shut. Grrrr useless people.
I am going round my garden to find any seedlings from previous years @SlimLizzy
There will be some. But not tomato plants. Take care of yours!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
With all that's crazy going on in the world I feel uneasy posting my art this evening. Equally I promised I would finish the first in my @OldButBold Lost Souls watercolour. So here it is A4 size Watercolour Lost Souls entering the grey havens by moonlight.

View attachment 39717

I like this. Thank you for posting it.
To me they look like they're watching a seaside point-to-point -- and Shadowfax and Roheryn are neck-and-neck. :)

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can't sleep so up and grumpy with a 5.9 and 35.1 on the temp gauge. I have to go into the village today, using the car but I'm still nervous about it. My local drug dealer has my stuff but they let me know the cops are about.

The following is an excerpt from a March 13, 2020 article by Jonathan Tepperman, Editor in Chief, Foreign Policy:

As of this writing, 116,145 people have contracted COVID-19, the disease caused by the virus, and 4,090 of them have died. Worse, in the West, infections are still accelerating, which means it has yet to experience the pandemic’s full force.
... We as a species have survived far worse. ... I’m talking about HIV/AIDS (which, for many years, had a 100 percent fatality rate, 95-99 percentage points higher than the coronavirus), SARS, and H1N1. I’m talking about the seasonal flu, which killed 80,000 people in 2017-2018 in the United States alone—75,910 more than have died so far from COVID-19 worldwide. Or consider traffic accidents, which kill about 1.25 million people every year yet seem to have little impact on people’s behavior, either good and bad.
Yet, despite the likelihood that the majority of people will never get the virus and that the vast majority who do (assuming it doesn’t mutate) will survive, people and governments are reacting in some extreme ways.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/03/11/coronavirus-global-panic/

That is possibly the most irresponsible piece of journalism I have read lately. It is comparing apples and pears to argue that AIDS/HIV is a bigger killer (it's not) because the ONLY way to get it is through actual physical sex or a direct blood transfusion. This is the argument anti-vaxxers use and you may as well state the following (as it's actually more factual) -

Life has been shown to be far more deadly than any virus. Life... something suffered by 100% of humanity with a 100% death rate. No-one survives yet the governments of the world do nothing at all to help the spread of Life. China famously tried to prevent Life by restricting childbirth but the religious right in the west refused to take up the plan leading to a 2.4 billion increase in Life in less than 10 years. A spokesman for WHO said, "It is true that Life is the singular most deadly disease, the only cure is that you only live once (YOLO) but the Hindus, Buddhists, and Daoist refuse to play the game".

Apples and pears ;)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can't sleep so up and grumpy with a 5.9 and 35.1 on the temp gauge. I have to go into the village today, using the car but I'm still nervous about it. My local drug dealer has my stuff but they let me know the cops are about.

That is possibly the most irresponsible piece of journalism I have read lately. It is comparing apples and pears to argue that AIDS/HIV is a bigger killer (it's not) because the ONLY way to get it is through actual physical sex or a direct blood transfusion. This is the argument anti-vaxxers use and you may as well state the following (as it's actually more factual) -

Life has been shown to be far more deadly than any virus. Life... something suffered by 100% of humanity with a 100% death rate. No-one survives yet the governments of the world do nothing at all to help the spread of Life. China famously tried to prevent Life by restricting childbirth but the religious right in the west refused to take up the plan leading to a 2.4 billion increase in Life in less than 10 years. A spokesman for WHO said, "It is true that Life is the singular most deadly disease, the only cure is that you only live once (YOLO) but the Hindus, Buddhists, and Daoist refuse to play the game".

Apples and pears ;)

Well, while I'm not convinced....mmmhh

I had read life was a sexually transmitted, all be it, with 100% mortality rate, . well no one gets out
alive...

Not sure that's going to apply to us here now.

We have washed the bejasus out of our hands,
( Nice and smooth is SO last year,. Pink & Raw is is all the rage, here in the capital)

a decontamination process to rival those at the CDC..( and all on a shoestring :D)

I think we might just be the first of many to buck the trend.

As polystyrene once put it..
(And after all age IS just a number..;):hilarious: )

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.3 for me today.

So a dilemma, shop now before C19 gets worse in this area or continue to ration and wait until we really, really need to? Or perhaps wait three weeks when we will have to collect Mrs MC repeat prescription?

Take care, be thoughtful of others and when safe to do so allow just for awhile, distraction and peace into your soul today

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/evening folks, a 5.6 on the dice today.
Worried about kids, eldest daughter (community COPD physio) will be front line treating people who aren't hospitalized but are ill in their home with the virus, she has been for mask fitting but has been told not to worry about the masks because none will be available, and the gowns they have been shown that they will have to wear take two people to fit them and the physios work on their own.
Nuff said, too depressed with it all to moan anymore, have a good day folks.

Reactions: karen8967

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Told not to worry about the masks because none will be available,
and the gowns they have been shown that they will have to wear take two people to fit them and the physios work on their own.

Outrageous...serious hug

The incompetence and ill thought out responses echo in so many homes now.

Pray she's fine and the rabble sort the PPE issue NOW.

Love to family.
Worrying times.