What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi guys

Took me a while to get back here as I've trying to resolve what appears to be friction within our thread. Of course, I have no power here and just because I started the thread does not mean I have any control over it, so what I'm about to say is simply a request.

We all came together here to share our sociability and comradery, for me, it was a powerful move as I am not generally known for being social. I personally enjoy every word of the stories you all share, not just the good times but the bad times too because I see how you all pull together.

None of us could have predicted the advent of this horrible virus and the trauma it is putting many through. I accept we all deal with it differently and that we have our reasons for doing so. The thing is, on a mental level we may not be releasing the stress or pain because we feel so helpless in the face of something so wicked. I understand that truly I do.

However, the current situation on this thread is causing hurt, hurt to people we care for and have nurtured for nearly a year. I would like that hurt to stop.

Here is my proposal, as I said, I cannot enforce anything here as I am just a poster like you.

There already exists another thread discussing covid-19, here is the link
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/covid-non-diabetes-related.172793/

May I suggest that those people who wish to be updated or themselves update information post there and yes, I include myself in that as I have been guilty of derailing the thread. Now, it's not much to ask, but it might just return this thread to the caring, compassionate, and funny thread it was.

I'm more than happy to hear your views on it, by private message if you wish. I will be following my own advice effective immediately.

Hugs to you all :)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and a 5.2 for me today, early though, up at 4am so looks like I will be having a cat nap at some point today.

Keep calm, thoughtful and supportive and take care today.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hoped I could sneak in some extra cream, Montezuma 's and almond butter yesterday - but unfortunately not as fbs came in at 6.3. But perhaps it is OK to do it occasionally.

Had a lovely catch up with two colleagues yesterday. Don't believe Mr K who will tell you I spent the whole afternoon chatting on the phone.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

was 4.4 today

thank you @Muddy Cyclist for the kind comment and for all the encouragement to post artwork and I loved the 'sisters' video @ianpspurs :)

don't know whether someone has already posted this in for 'sisters', I had a friend at school who listened to this artist often during lunch breaks

today's catch up art post - this is the first watercolour of flowers I did, cheap watercolour paint box I bought from ebay and biro, on craft card from homebargains. Don't think I've quite got the hang of resizing these images though :sorry:
View attachment 39789

hope your day is treating you well :)
I love your flowers - they look good done with watercolours.

I - like your friend - enjoy listening to Leonard Cohen. About 20 years ago I read that several singer/songwriters got inspiration from his work. So I bought a CD but just didn't like it at all. I really persevered but gave up because it just wasn't my type of music.

Then about 2 years ago I found it at the back of a cupboard and when I played it again I absolutely loved it. Bought more CDs and he is now one of my favourite artists. How weird is that.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good sleep good coffee good morning...freezing here today heating may be going on soon urghh just noticed the rain too...beasties can't go out in this so charging around upstairs...so much to do yet I've done very little making a special effort today house looks like a squat...late taking FBG tend to take my temperature then forget BG so taken an hour after rising at 6.6 and temperature is 36.5 so spot on...keep safe everyone.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning from yet another bright and sparkly morning in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of indoor exercise areas but a pitifully loud yet deliciously carb laden dinner came in at 5.6 this am

Trees - Mrs Miggins and a neighbor have invented the tree trimming dance with the aid of our large and overgrown bay tree by our border fence.
First steps - Mrs Miggins steps forwards, dances up the ladder and makes several lunges with the lopper with me holding the bottom of the ladder and a pigs bladder on a stick, attempting to avoid being turned into the green man by falling debris. She then dances down the ladder and we skip daintily backwards for eight beats of a bodhran, do a hey nonny no and I tap her on the head with the pigs bladder.
Second steps - Neighbor steps forward and dances up the ladder from her side with her son playing the potential green man roll and repeats the steps.
Steps 1 and 2 repeated until a fair height and shape achieved.
Luckily the garden bins will be emptied today - perhaps -
Later, in the garden, garden benches and other garden furniture given a scrub and a couple of coatings of preservative.

Six miles yesterday. My route round our open plan kitchen and dining room is 22 yards in length - amazing, and I don’t even play cricket. So, 80 laps, or runs, (10, turn, 10, turn.....) gives me a mile. What fun.

Supermarket delivery today - ordered 8 days ago - wonder what will actually arrive.

Stay well. Koffy calls.

Brilliant post. Hope your delivery brought you everything you hoped for.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning 6.1 this morning and a temp of 36.5

Just finished with the doctor and he believes I have the virus. Been struggling with my breathing for two days and permanent sinus pain, he thinks that even though my temp is only increasing slightly each day I should be treated as positive. He is arranged for the official test when they get them. So, antibiotics and steroids for any secondaries and stay 2m from my screens :bag:

Plus they delivered the results of my MRI from a couple of weeks back. Seems my post-polio syndrome is progressing as my spine is crumbling around my sacrum and the spinal channel is damaged. He asked if I wanted to get booked into the Royal Orthopaedic but I've suggested we wait to see if I get thru' the virus first ;)

Happy days :)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Just finished with the doctor and he believes I have the virus. Been struggling with my breathing for two days and permanent sinus pain, he thinks that even though my temp is only increasing slightly each day I should be treated as positive. He is arranged for the official test when they get them. So, antibiotics and steroids for any secondaries and stay 2m from my screens :bag:

Plus they delivered the results of my MRI from a couple of weeks back. Seems my post-polio syndrome is progressing as my spine is crumbling around my sacrum and the spinal channel is damaged. He asked if I wanted to get booked into the Royal Orthopaedic but I've suggested we wait to see if I get thru' the virus first ;)

So sorry to hear that you have the virus. Hope you receive the antibiotics and steroids today and that they start working quivkly.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
f I get thru' the virus first ;)
Oh blimey OBB not a good day what can you do and can we do anything?...don't blame you for not wanting to be booked into hospital any hospital at this worrying time...hope the pain isn't too bad keep us informed when you can...keep safe.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Some tough news all around there @OldButBold supportive thoughts are all I can offer you but they are given with sincerity. Take care.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks all, can honestly say it's not the best feeling. However, I have serious chest infections yearly because of my COPD so I am hoping this is just another, time will tell ;)

Reactions: jjraak