What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Love to all. We have so many T2 and T1 comments from real people. I would raise a caution about how our posts are recorded. Being new to this, perhaps someone more senior might comment? Is big Govt collecting our thoughts?

Onward and upwards, meaning downwards for the T2 people like me.

let them go forth ..and make love ..far, far away...(or words to that effect)

the french have their yellow jackets.
we have our finger prickers...

just like they did at agincourt,
let us show our contempt and defiance , with the weapons and digits still available to us

lets raise our ring fingers, to any one who dares TRY to keep us quiet..
we WILL NOT go quietly into the night to save their shame and embarrassment.

the Americans have seen the light ..when will ours follow suit..?

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/th...-low-carb-diet-in-diabetes-management.163674/

Viva la revolution..:D

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
let them go forth ..and make love ..far, far away...(or words to that effect)

the french have their yellow jackets.
we have our finger prickers...

just like they did at agincourt,
let us show our contempt and defiance , with the weapons and digits still available to us

lets raise our ring fingers, to any one who dares TRY to keep us quiet..
we WILL NOT go quietly into the night to save their shame and embarrassment.

the Americans have seen the light ..when will ours follow suit..?

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/th...-low-carb-diet-in-diabetes-management.163674/

Viva la revolution..:D

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;
Or close the skin up on our English (or American or Dutch or Canadian) fingers;
In diabetes there's nothing so becomes a man or woman
As accurate numbers and HbA1c;
And when the blast of the alarum rings in our ears,
Then imitate the action of the tiger, or the adder,
Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood;
Now set the lancet, and press the button home;
Let out the breath, and straighten the chosen finger
To his or her full length. On, on, you noble T2 or T1,
Whose blood is tested on the stripling strip,
And on this board from morn till even posted,
And be thankful for lack of argument.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Bravo, Bravo....
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
yellow.gif

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Weather a little on the windy side here today and lots of showers too. Another 5 for me this morning even after a meal out last night. Steak salad and veg. Quite amazing that I wasn't tempted with a pudding or even chips with the steak. My mindset must be evolving.
Keep safe in storm Hannah

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all carbon footprint counters.

A sprightly 7.1 greeted me this morning saying " I like potatoes " .....

Well folks Al of me's, my mates chaos and mayhem and Mrs J are Mordor bound today.
To aid carbon footprint trackers I am wearing coal clogs and travelling on a carbon powered train, that should make it easy for them.
Have a good day folks, remember avoid Mordor ( my pet name for London ).

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Weather...WINDY :woot:
got blown all around this morning..

And the FBG gave a surprising 7.3..
Not been in the seven for aaaaages.

Did have yet another painful early morning cramp session..oh how I don't like that 4am muscle alarm..:bigtears:

Up walked it off back into bed, just dropping off...aaghh cramp.

Finally got the 20 minutes before the alarm went to go into a DEEP sleep...and nice too,
Me n Kate beckinsdale..mmmhhhy

Anyway I woke, groggy, so that may be the reason my treasonous bloods are so high for me this am....:meh:

Hold on to your hats today..it's gonna be a twister...:***:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Prince harry's wife..;)

(**** too late..should have refreshed before post..:***: )

Edited by moderator for language

** Oops..a word of caution. a simple word sounding like something to hold back water,
plenty in amsterdam..got me told off.
Really?...who'd have thought the word plug would be offensive (it holds back water).

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.0 today cooked fresh haddock last night with buttered spinach and tenderstem brocolli. Must have been the rose wine. Note to self stick to G&ST!
@jjraak those cramps dont sound at all nice hope they go away soon.
@HarrisonK that waterproof is way too small.
@SaskiaKC what a talent Karen Carpenter was.
Storm Hannah this weekend and last weekend glorious. April has the same sense of humour as Diabetes.
Have a good Saturday everyone. Quiet one here first w/e for ages no boys.
Stay well, stay safe.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning. Going in the right direction and a bit of a surprise tbh as I got hardly a wink of sleep. Storm Hannah raged all night, and as we are at the top of a hill with open countryside around we really felt it. Telegraph wires singing loudly all night too which they often do when it’s wet and windy - a very eery sound.
Had a bed swap as older granddaughter has terrible nightmares so she came in with me. Sure enough she woke up after a horrible dream in the middle of the night and took a lot of cuddles to get back off.
To cap it all, around 6am we had the mother of all hailstorms - never seen ( or heard) anything like it. I thought the roof was going to cave in.
The sun’s out now and Hannah seems to have blown herself out. Granddaughter has no memory of last night happily so it’s a day full of strong coffee today to keep me going.
Hope you all have wonderful weekends planned.
@jjraak hugs for the cramps - a lot of people here suffering with them at the moment. I suffered with them during my pregnancies and I remember how painful they were - completely took my breath away. Glad Kate Beckinsale was there to comfort you!

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Have only just found this thread as I have been looking for it in the wrong place. Not sure why I couldn't find it as I did have the link to it. Probably should have asked my 5 year old granddaughter.

5.9 today. Have got back from early morning dog walk - very cold and wet. Just drying off before going to work. Back into winter jumper - still, at least the hay fever is a lot better this morning.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
10.7 at 5 am.
I just needed the bathroom so that made me awake. So I took reading then.

Normally I do meditation and easy in bed exercises before I take reading.

So went back to bed to do meditations...remembered reading on here somewhere that someone said drinking more water would or did help their blood sugar readings.

I do have dry mouth all night, but I have Sjogrens Syndrome, and have dry mouth meds which don’t seem to have much effect. I do drink water in the night, but ladies of a certain age who have had a few children need to visit the bathroom rather more frequently (in fact my daily, and nightly, walking count is made up with bathroom visits).

Anyway, waking up at 5am, I thought I would have water instead of a cuppa tea or coffee to drink.

So I drank a 500ml bottle water straight off. I was so thirsty after drinking the water, I filled the bottle and had another straight off. I was tremendously thirsty so I am filling the water bottle and drinking another. Hang on I thought, this cannot be good for me, so I put a few flakes sea salt in the next bottle. A couple of sips of that bottle and my mouth is not dry any more and I don’t have this urge to keep drinking water. The actual water initially was not quenching my thirst, and making my mouth incredibly parched and dry.

The few flakes of sea salt in the water helped the water quench my thirst.

I started to do my meditation but promptly fell asleep into an amazing dream. This cottage in the hills in the countryside. People I knew who have died were there, including my partner who died 10 years ago. It was fantastic. We were there for a few weeks. Then it was time to leave the cottage. So we are outside, packing the cars. There is a well there with an ever flowing supply of clear beautiful water. I am trying to get the water in a 2 litre plastic bottle, but I am a bit clumsy, so this gentleman appears at the side of me. A large genial gentleman with a beard and he is helping me getting the water in the bottle and he is giving me advice, calming advice, his words are soothing and gentle (I am profoundly deaf in real life, so it is fantastic to be able to hear words in a dream).

But I need to urgently use the bathroom, and before I know what it happening, half asleep I am waking up and I stumble to my real bathroom.

I suddenly realise I am not in my beautiful dream any more, I’ve left behind my 2 litre bottle of healing water in my dream...I am upset...

>^..^<

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Brill.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...likely to be working today so far had three calls...so shortly off to the heady climbs of Essex or possibly London...wondering how storm Hannah will behave...or not as the case may be...woke to a 6.2 may have overdone the bedtime snack...honestly how can I open a packet of Maltesers & just eat two:D