1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by HarrisonK, Apr 24, 2019.

1. gennepher

gennepher Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Fbg 9.1

It is going down each day.

If it gets to 8 something tomorrow then I will ease off one of the metformin and see if the downward trend still continues. I will still take the rest of the diabetic meds.

And I will continue to eat more or less as I am now.

I am only taking the fbg reading each day at the moment. So I am thinking tonight I should take a 6pm reading because that will be 3 hours after my last meal.

That is my thinking this morning...

>^..^<

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Krystyna23040

Krystyna23040 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

5.1 this morning. Did 18K steps yesterday so this morning am feeling very lazy - sitting relaxing with my Nespresso. Labradors won't let me sit here much longer though as they will want to join their friends in the park shortly.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 6
  3. Krystyna23040

Krystyna23040 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

You are right - it is an awful condition. It is such a shame that your sister in law didn't seek help earlier. Did she have neuropathy prior to the charcot foot diagnosis?

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. PenguinMum

PenguinMum Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hey dont forget it was at a fashion show that Kate caught William’s attention, King of Queens indeed, hope GD catches a prince. Good news about Mrs T after recent issues.

• Like Like x 9
  5. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

5.8 this morning after OMAD and yoga yesterday and a better night’s sleep. Daughter stayed with Dennis as she’s off today.
    @gennepher good news about the direction your fbg is going.
    @Krystyna23040 that’s a lot of steps - were you dog walking?
    @Shas3 my sympathies for your work related stress. I barely slept my last 2 years at work I was very stressed and just couldn’t switch off. 6.3 is a marked improvement on yesterday so that’s a good start.
    @trick60 great news about your wife’s job and well worth a celebratory Chinese, you obviously chose well as it hasn’t pushed your fbg out of orbit.

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 4
  6. HarrisonK

HarrisonK Type 2 · Well-Known Member

• Useful Useful x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. pavlosn

pavlosn Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Well done on bringing your numbers down.
    It is entirely up to you of course to make your own choices but I was wondering why you wish to stop the metformin when still in the 8s. Assuming you can tolerate it and do not suffer from side effects it is a safe mild drug that acts differently from other diabetes drugs in that it does not raise insulin but lower insulin resistance as well as limiting glucose dumps from the liver.
    Assuming your target glucose levels are lower than 8 would you not be better off to carry on taking the metformin until you reach these levels and then reduce the dosage and see if you can maintain them?
    I apologise in advance if you consider my comment is out of line.
    Best regards

Pavlos

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  8. Shas3

Shas3 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot.... glad about your 5.8... I would love to see numbers below 6 soon... yoga is great... I should squeeze it in... have a great day

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Shas3

Shas3 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thanks Viv... indeed... i made that mistake a few times in the past and learnt a lesson... been diligent on that front of late

• Like Like x 7
  10. PenguinMum

PenguinMum Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Morning All. I’m with @HarrisonK a 5.5 and got loads done yesterday. Storm on the way today in the south so hold on to your hats. Having coffee with old friends later and this aft visit to my footcare lady to have my nails trimmed and feet moisturised. My little indulgence every 6 weeks.
    Interesting convo about puppy training makes sense. I have trained my cats to some extent. When I give them their tuna I say “time for lunch” so they both come at the same time to eat so one doesnt snaffle both bowls. They sleep in the utility room at night so again I say “time for bed” in that special tone and they both head towards their night baskets straight away.
    @Shas3 sounds like you are getting back on track, @gennepher also.
    @DJC3 I know artichokes are good for you but does anyone actually like them?
    Have a good day everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 5
  11. pavlosn

pavlosn Type 2 · Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Viv19

Viv19 · Well-Known Member

I like baked beans, just not with breakfast. Good food for students- whole meal toast, butter and baked beans :))

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. gennepher

gennepher Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi.
    Your comments are fine. You are not out of line.
    I welcome feedback and opinions.
    And also reasons why.
    Yes my target is below 8.
    That sounds a sensible suggestion.
    Thank you for your feedback.
    Have a good day.
    >^..^<

• Like Like x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Bubbsie

Bubbsie Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Morning...had a great nights sleep... seven hours I needed it...a full on day of wallpapering & rearranging the furniture & accessories yesterday...relieved to have finished it as the prospect of another turn up & down the ladder would make me scream...woke to a 6.3

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  15. dunelm

dunelm Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Our youngest has identical twin girls, now aged 2. We call them Chaos and Mayhem. Let’s just say that it has been and continues to be an interesting journey for them, not least as the twins have a four year old sister also.
    Mrs Miggins is a twin but I think that her and her sister are allegedly fully trained.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  16. dunelm

Probably the Thunder Cats.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  17. dunelm

An interesting experiment but do remember that this was conducted with mice hence only at the “interesting” stage.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Expert

@trick60 fantastic news on Mrs T and the job. @HarrisonK great fbg and good news on the time compression for gardening. @DJC3 glad to read you had better sleep and lower fbg. @PenguinMum fbg looks good, enjoy the meet up and foot care. @Shas3 sorry to hear that work stress affects sleep but maybe the waking and exercise will help both that and bg control. @Viv19 so sorry to hear of back issues - very hard to deal with those. @dunelm - Thundercats? just remember the mystic Sword of Omens cannot be used for evil deeds! Have a good day folks.

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    #3578 ianpspurs, Jun 18, 2019 at 8:37 AM
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  19. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Great fbg today PM. I must do more housework - I’m sure it’s as good as a workout.
    Re Jerusalem artichokes - no I don’t eat them, far too windy - it was just a jokey response to The previous post about wind ( relating to Dennis, not me, I’m far too refined!!)
    Your day ahead sounds lovely, a bit of pampering and catching up with friends - bound to be good for your bg levels too.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. dunelm

Good morning everyone from a fairly dry and hopeful morning at Camp Banana. We are off home today at some point; it’s bin day tomorrow and we must not miss that at all costs. Choices are limited in these hard times but every morsel of use from the meagre choices still available must be squeezed from the local authority which is why I check books out of the library that I have no intention of reading. You know the ones; Haynes Manual Of Minor Surgury, Seppuku For Beginners and the obligatory Mills & Boon.

The wonder wheel of BMI related tom foolery and dietary slip ups registered a limbo dancing 5.9 this morning. Must, no, did overdo the meat intake with a fabulous full English at noon at Olivers Mount and then the teppanyaki last night. Or was it all those julienned vegetables - we may never know.

Have a great day if you can, time for my morning koffy.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
    #3580 dunelm, Jun 18, 2019 at 8:59 AM
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook