1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by HarrisonK, Apr 24, 2019.

1. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Well-Known Member

So that's where SOL has got off to this morning ... I've been wondering ...

He was here smiling through tears the other day ...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
  2. HarrisonK

HarrisonK Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I agree in that I have no plan. Last year I was really cranky about my numbers, fasted for a week etc
    and whilst I admire everyone that has lost weight, I haven't lost anywhere near what others have. I think it's because I don't really understand and I've just lowered my carbs. 'Tis the Way of the Wryd, all magic to me :)

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 5
  3. Goacher55

Goacher55 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

It’s fab now

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
  4. SaskiaKC

I went all LCHF a year ago when first diagnosed T2. I lost 27 pounds over the summer. I haven't lost a pound since, and when my doctor told me my LDL cholesterol was too high, I quit the LCHF and started eating oat products. And occasionally other grains as well. I want to lose another 27 pounds but I also want to keep my cholesterol and BP and FBG in some sort of balance, as well as just plain feel good. :)

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. SaskiaKC

Yay!

I hope your appointment went well.

Please tell Harry I'm sorry our MACK garbage trucks no longer seem to have their hood ornaments --

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  6. PenguinMum

PenguinMum Type 2 · Well-Known Member

7. PenguinMum

Gosh @SaskiaKC thats a bit posh for a garbage truck look like it should be on a royal car. Re BG and LCHF I stick to approximate levels of carbs and do tend to eat meals that have been well tested. Lately I have been finding too much meat gives me higher levels and its not what I eat with it cos its salad or brocolli unless there is a combo thing going on. So to cut to the chase I often have surprise readings too, good or bad.
    How is the KC today, normal service resumed?

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Hug Hug x 1
  8. SaskiaKC

A friend just sent me this:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. Bubbsie

Bubbsie Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I didn't get the numbers I'd hoped for so back in another week Saskia….good grief Harry has a doppelganger ... I'd love one of those I'd put it on my car.

• Hug Hug x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    #4089 Bubbsie, Jun 24, 2019 at 5:29 PM
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  10. SaskiaKC

Thank you for asking. No "movement" on the KC front yet this morning but she ate two very good breakfasts and seems to feel fine.

Actually I just realized that "front" was rather a bad choice of word on my part ...

Hood ornament idea for a royal car --

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. PenguinMum

Love it!

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  12. SaskiaKC

I'm sorry about your numbers. I hope they will be better next time. I have a doc appointment just under a month from now ... I have no idea how my numbers will be ... so much juggling ... :confused:

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  13. PenguinMum

You have just reminded me of yesterday I went to the garden centre for a couple of Dahlias and parked next to a shiny navy blue Bentley with the chauffeur polishing the bonnet/hood. I was most surprised and wondered what titled person was inside. Anyway didnt see anybody and was in a rush to get through the tills where the assistant was walky talkying the manager saying a customer wanted to spend £5,000. I would have thought that would be entire shop! I will never know as when I returned to my car the Bentley was gone.

• Like Like x 5
  14. SaskiaKC

Maybe if they have any stock left the Bentley will come back for it -- while you are there. :)

There was a Bentley outside the grocery store here a couple of months ago. No chauffeur in sight -- maybe he was inside doing the grocery shopping! It didn't look like a Bentley to me at first glance -- no hood ornament. But by the time I walked around it I saw "Bentley" spelled out on the back.

I miss hood ornaments. Even Jags and Mercedeseseses don't have them these days.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. PenguinMum

@Bubbsie sorry you have to go back for another test next week. Hope it will be better.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. jjraak

jjraak Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Health n safety I'd say @SaskiaKC .

Plus the beastie boys started the car emblem craze, with the VW....Sure a few mercs lost their emblem due to 'over enthusiasm_
    Can't say I've seen the 3 pointed star 'circle' on recent mercs. ??
    Does seem to be an aversion to adding ornaments, as it's unclear in the event of damage to others (pedestrian), who would be liable...easy route out, no mascots I guess

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    #4096 jjraak, Jun 24, 2019 at 9:13 PM
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  17. Cumberland

Cumberland Type 1 · Master

I’m not really a big bread eater to be honest but hot dogs mmm

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. pavlosn

pavlosn Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Sometimes our levels just dont react the way we anticipate they will.

I had the wrong thing to eat tonight.

We were invited to a cocktail party for the wedding of a friend's daughter. I stayed away from all the food as almost everything involved bread in some form or rather.

As is customary at Cypriot weddings, on leaving we took with as a "loukoumi, a wedding treat consisting of a semolina pastry staffed with slightly sweetened almonds and pistachio nuts and covered in castor sugar.

When we got home I succumbed to the temptation and ate one of them instead of dinner, though at least I made sure to scrape off most of the icing sugar.

I regreted it as I was then worried about what this would do to my glucose. Unfortunately I had not tested prior but testing every half an hour after came back with 5.8, 5.7, 5.3 and 5.4!

Now I would not dream of suggesting that this is food suitable for diabetics, it is not, but based on this counts I would say that this one time I got away with it!

Let's see what tomorrow morning will bring. IMG_68341.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 7
  19. SaskiaKC

Well, look at it this way: you had some nice nutritious almonds and pistachios! :)

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. SaskiaKC

It always interests me that y'all say "Merc" for Mercedes; over here a "Merc" is a Mercury. At least "Jag" is the same here and there (except of course for where they put the steering wheels!).

Remember this? --

[​IMG]

Way back in 1970 when I was in my first year at college and the peace symbol was still very popular on T-shirts and posters and everything else, a girl who lived down the hall from me had her version of the peace symbol on her door -- in full psychedelic colors, but with one slight variation ...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook