What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No, I don't think so because the first screenshot I sent was from the webpage itself not the app, unless I am not understanding properly.

I use an app on my tablet and on my android phone. Neither shows any info other than the avatar pic and the userid. Only my Chromebook shows more info, and it says just "Type 2 Well-Known Member" for you, @Muddy Cyclist . Of course, I am in the US, so ...

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello folks, just a quick post as I can see there’s plenty happening on the thread, it’s just took an hour for me to catch up.
Quite foggy here on the west coast of America which has surprised us we have renamed our sleepy little seaside town of Morro Bay...Foggy Bottom, there is a beach here so they say but nobody has seen it for five years or more. Beautiful scenery when the fog lifts or you drive out of it, @dunelm Big Sur absolutely amazing scenery just breathtaking.
Off to L.A in the morning via Santa Barbara so I have been informed by the navigators, hope the fog lifts.
Play nicely while I’m gone.

WoW...

some fanstastic pics there @trick60
that first one deffo from stephen kings the fog..so be careful ;)

hate license plates normally ..but that one was EPIC...did make me chuckle

Hope it was a gamblers and he bought it with the winnings.

Enjoy the journey.
loving the pics :D

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
She is my driving force. I haven't got my mum now sadly. But I might be able to change things for other mums, dads, grandad, sisters, daughters, friends etc etc. I always think the biggest changes come from small groups of people rising up (eg suffragettes). I've never been one to leave things be that needed change. As an example, during the last census I was manager for Blackpool central. When the lorry pulled up with all my paperwork the lorry driver said 'I think they have made a mistake, you seem to have double what everyone else has'. They told me I would only need the space of a single bed for my stuff and it nearly filled my garage! I had a great time. We all worked very hard. Lots of old hotels now HMO. Very challenging town Blackpool. The laptop they gave me didnt work 'in the field' as it should. Nobody's did. (Other managers). So my house was communication central. I had an open house for 3 months. The laptop only worked there. I had to make myself available all hours. So much work to log due to the area. I put in my extra hours (I was going to bed way after midnight, maybe 2am sometimes, then getting up at 6am. Just to keep up. I had Eric helping too. It was a tough time. There should have been 2 managers for my area or they should have split in 2. I put in my additional hours. It was rejected! (Where is the red reg and bull animation!). No money in the pot I was told. S*d that for a game of soldiers I thought. The day my job ended and all equipment was collected i sat down and wrote a 4 page A4 complaint letter. I had dry eyes as a result (took a couple of years to subside and still flares up now and again). I gave it them with both barrels. I threatened to take it forward. On my birthday i received a call from the big boss asking for my bank details! I received £3000. I gave a copy of my letter to 3 other coordinators in Blackpool and fylde area who had similar problems. They also received payments. But I wasnt happy with that 3k. I wanted the holiday pay o should have got along with it. Refused! I took them to the small claims court. I had quite a big following of other managers in the country and we all decided we would fight together. Over the coming months many dropped out. I was one if 8 remaining that went to court. WE WON.

I don't give up. Currently fighting for my BIL against PIP decision. It may be a long haul but we will get there.
Well done for standing up for yourself and for helping your colleagues fight against such appalling unfairness. Your working conditions were an absolute nightmare and almost unbelievable that your boss thought that this was OK.

Thank goodness your BIL has you fighting in his corner.

I think you will be able to change things for other mums, dads, grandads, sisters, daughters, friends etc etc and your mum would be so proud of you for the work you are doing in countering all the misinformation about diabetes.

You are right that change often comes from small groups of people rising up and it is good to feel that we are all playing a part in this battle.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.1 this dreary morning, the motorway was surprisingly quiet yesterday which made the hospital run rather pleasant. Today I am again working for my own version of help the aged and installing a home hub kit for a neighbour. It will control her lights inside and out and cameras front and back, training will, no doubt, be involved. Enjoy the day :)