What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This morning's experiences here on DCUK have been just a little too much after the events of the weekend in my offline life. I need some R&R and I am going to take it. If anyone wants me I will be at the lake up on Sunshine Mountain.
p0503.gif

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I hope yours do. Mine hit me like a full-on body slam. I understand the need for privacy as I never ID myself online but when I came here and saw that I was the only one not getting the new avatars and userids it just made me feel stupid and clueless. It was like everyone was dancing around in masks and I wasn't in on it. So, yeah, like a cruel childhood game is how it hit me.
I'm just going to see how I settle with it. If we arent happy we can start a new thread 'no changes aloud, we dont like change' thread :) but I feel all be well shortly. I love it on here and I'm very settled so fingers crossed. I'm following your emoticons whenever you decide to go!!!

Reactions: geefull and jjraak

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. It has already changed the dynamics. If you knew me you would not be surprised by my likening it to a cruel childhood game. Maybe that is the whole point of the privacy protections we all use here -- we don't really know each other unless we choose to try to share different facets of ourselves.
People are mostly very honest on this forum, revealing real facts about themselves and their daily lives, which give real value. Whereas on Facebook some people I know have created fantasy lifestyles, fake news, pants on fire.

We just need to be careful. This is a public space.

Reactions: ianpspurs

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@SaskiaKC I'm comin to getcha!!! I'm not familiar with your neck of the woods so if I'm not back by tomorrow with @SaskiaKC can someone send a search party for me!!!

Imagine saskiaKC emoticons here, I haven't got a clue how to do it. Flowers, search party, binoculars, water, food supplies (low carb).

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Where ya bin trick;)...good to have you back:D:D:D

After my jaunt over the pond and a week wondering what time of late morning to go to sleep, I was surprised to still have a job, so I turned up at work for a week, and then had to inform them that I was off on my hols again to sunny Dorset, still wanted me back after my return so I must be doing something right.... or maybe I'm too cheap to let go, hey ho soon be Christmas.
Nice to be back, thanks for the welcome all.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hey ho soon be Christmas.
OOh I knew someone would mention that time before too long:)...you obviously don't work for Thomas Cook so sad to see the company fold with over 9000 people out of work...bloody tragic!

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
welcome back @PenguinMum ..:D
hope the hols was a perfect tomic.

sorry the girls are skittish, sure both will settle down once your back around an they settle into there normal routine.

Bg this am..5.4.

an interesting day.

events unfurled in a rather haphazard way today and left me a tad perturbed.

link here explains most of it.
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/no-registration-needed-to-view-and-search-forum.168454/

suffice to say, my bad for being so naive..

i simply trusted too much, and in particular the item of my counselling was a matter i agonised over before posting
(glad i want, regret posting about it )
ok posting it up for you guys, not sure i want strangers who just pass by the forum rifling through all my posts and Most definitely DO NOT want those post appearing as a humorous posting on facebook, when i alone should be the arbiter of telling family and friends WHEN i am ready, that i had some mental issues that i needed help with.
(yes, yes i know, i shouldn't feel ashamed or awkward, you are so right but it is how I feel, and isn't that down to me to decide ? )

am currently in the process of going over my old posts and deleting those i feel give too much of me away.
the avatar has gone and i may leave.

it's only to start again under a new avatar or perhaps once my mind settles simply under another name,
but i fail to see how that solves the trust issue i now have with the forum.

On the forum i found hope and kindness,
but on here i also found friendship...so most grateful indeed.

so will not willing throw that way, but i DO need to plan a strategy that resolves this nagging concern with my privacy V the willingness to post openly and honestly.
but if i am honest, i fear the latter will lose.

i will update as i can, for now i am still here, happy bathing in your your own joyous experiences and offering comfort when required..

Love
jj

Ah mate, this place isn't a thread, we are the threads, and together we weave a picture of our varied lives which we all share together, you leaving would leave a huge jjraak sized hole in that picture so please don't disappear. As that famous seventies choon went:-

" We are family
I got all my diabetics with me"
etc.

Peace out bro.

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
OOh I knew someone would mention that time before too long:)...you obviously don't work for Thomas Cook so sad to see the company fold with over 9000 people out of work...bloody tragic!

Absolutely tragic, erm, Harry. If it was a bank in trouble the government would have been straight in to help their pals.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@SaskiaKC I'm comin to getcha!!! I'm not familiar with your neck of the woods so if I'm not back by tomorrow with @SaskiaKC can someone send a search party for me!!!

Imagine saskiaKC emoticons here, I haven't got a clue how to do it. Flowers, search party, binoculars, water, food supplies (low carb).[/
Do you want a buddy? Have packed my waterproofs and a rucksack of tuna for the girls..cant leave them again so soon...but we want Saskia back...

Reactions: HarryBeau

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah mate, this place isn't a thread, we are the threads, and together we weave a picture of our varied lives which we all share together, you leaving would leave a huge jjraak sized hole in that picture so please don't disappear. As that famous seventies choon went:-

" We are family
I got all my diabetics with me"
etc.

Peace out bro.
Love it! I will be singing that tomo when doing my mountain of holiday ironing!

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Absolutely tragic, erm, Harry. If it was a bank in trouble the government would have been straight in to help their pals.
That was one of my first thoughts trick...how the banks were given leeway even though they flouted the rules (it seems with impunity)...I am amazed at the size of the bonuses some directors & the CEO of Thomas Cook received .. I'm not saying that would have saved the company however.the sums quoted are unimaginable for most of us...shocking & shameful...they must have been in trouble for some time it clearly wasn't addressed.