What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning, a pleasant surprise after spending all day sitting on the floor with Dennis and doing no exercise at all.
Off for a spa break with daughter in a bit - I’ve left several pages of instructions for Mr C ( who has taken 2 days off to care for D) I know these will be cheerfully ignored but it makes me feel better. He and Little Den will no doubt spend the whole time on the sofa watching sport and eating rubbish but they’ll be very happy.
@HarryBeau what a lovely surprise to see Plumpy, I’ve missed a few weeks on here, is he back for visits or sleepovers or what? I bet he’s tickled pink to see you however it’s come about.
Glad your sleep pattern is improving @ianpspurs and sorry to hear about those who are waking too early @Muddy Cyclist and @gennepher
@PenguinMum I hope you get to see your girlfriends, can’t beat a good laugh with old pals I don’t think - very good for the soul.
@SaskiaKC I hope your laundry marathon sent you to sleep eventually. I remember putting my eldest daughter in front of the washing machine sometimes when she was a baby, it always calmed her down if she was fretful and in fact her first smile was to a load of ‘smalls’ whizzing round!

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
what a lovely surprise to see Plumpy, I’ve missed a few weeks on here, is he back for visits or sleepovers or what? I bet he’s tickled pink to see you however it’s come about.
My neighbour and I have been on better terms since poor old Churchill bit the dust after her daughter arrived with tears in her eyes...a bunch of roses and a little card to say how sorry she was to hear about Churchie...so now he's in & out DJC I'll probably walk him later but he spends more time at 'home' & its working out really well...yesterday he was in his element lots of people to say hello in the café...delicious food and he got to order his own biscuit...Dennis is being a little trooper and I have no doubt he will be spoilt rotten by Mr C...so relax and enjoy the spa visit.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@HarryBeau lovely to see you and Harry together but please dont get your heart broken again. He is a beautiful fella. Are you and your “special advisors” still planning to go to Battersea at half term?
Harry spends more time 'next door' now PM and I have a set of keys so will walk him when I can...it is working out very well...things have been better since Olivia (my little neighbour) aged nine broke the deadlock when she heard about Churchill's demise and arrived here in tears...children have a wonderful way of putting things into perspective & teaching us a valuable lesson...yes we are planning to visit Battersea to rescue a cat (or two) likely to go Monday...there are a couple of Wood Green charities not too far away but to my surprise they are not terribly user friendly...there are a couple of cats I have my eye on hoping to 'reserve' one at the weekend so we can meet them on Monday.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My neighbour and I have been on better terms since poor old Churchill bit the dust after her daughter arrived with tears in her eyes...a bunch of roses and a little card to say how sorry she was to hear about Churchie...so now he's in & out DJC I'll probably walk him later but he spends more time at 'home' & its working out really well...yesterday he was in his element lots of people to say hello in the café...delicious food and he got to order his own biscuit...Dennis is being a little trooper and I have no doubt he will be spoilt rotten by Mr C...so relax and enjoy the spa visit.

Oh I’m so pleased for you all that relationships have improved, everybody benefits this way. I am smiling at the thought of him ordering his own biscuit. Reminds me of a bulldog I knew called Gladys, she lived in a pub and every Saturday there would be a street market just outside. Gladys would queue up politely by the sausage stall and wait her turn, the stall holder would pass her a sausage and off she’d go back home with it. No idea if money ever changed hands.
I’m so sorry to hear about Churchill too, what a traumatic few months for you.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Gladys would queue up politely by the sausage stall and wait her turn, the stall holder would pass her a sausage and off she’d go back home with it.
Love the sound of Gladys DJC...how sweet I'm not sure how many people realise they are just soft gentle giants...yes it was awful with poor Churchill going...I went through the usual I'm never having another cat...just realised the house needs a cat...I need a cat & there's a cat out there who needs us...so off to Battersea on Monday with Olivia (my little neighbour) and Georgia my nieces daughter to find us a rescue cat or maybe even two.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Love the sound of Gladys DJC...how sweet I'm not sure how many people realise they are just soft gentle giants...yes it was awful with poor Churchill going...I went through the usual I'm never having another cat...just realised the house needs a cat...I need a cat & there's a cat out there who needs us...so off to Battersea on Monday with Olivia (my little neighbour) and Georgia my nieces daughter to find us a rescue cat or maybe even two.

That’s wonderful, and so exciting that your new bf is just waiting for you to find him/ her. I can’t wait to hear how it goes.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That’s wonderful, and so exciting that your new bf is just waiting for you to find him/ her. I can’t wait to hear how it goes.
Lord knows what will happen with the girls in tow...they'd come home with a car full of cats so I have to be kind but firm when we get there...we're all looking forward to it.

Fndwheelie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I want to start by apologising to those who are finding their sleeping hours robbed, I seem to be an unwilling thief! Went to sleep at 11 last night, woke at 7 this morning and turned over after meds back to sleep until gone 10am and I’m taking a day time nap also. Please come and take back your sleep hours, by force if necessary! I don’t have time to waste sleeping, I’m on holiday last week of October and have too much to do before I go to sleep away the morning. 6.2 this morning, and out for lunch today with my father. I didn’t visit him yesterday but I know he wasn’t at work again, although he told me he was. Yesterday I made a couple of Christmas cards, got some boxes to make, then the birthday/Christmas boxes will be almost ready to send. The ditties bracelet curse has struck again, visiting my grandmother she has snapped her bracelet so I will have to remake that for her, and I also need to make the black one for the parcel.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Harry spends more time 'next door' now PM and I have a set of keys so will walk him when I can...it is working out very well...things have been better since Olivia (my little neighbour) aged nine broke the deadlock when she heard about Churchill's demise and arrived here in tears...children have a wonderful way of putting things into perspective & teaching us a valuable lesson...yes we are planning to visit Battersea to rescue a cat (or two) likely to go Monday...there are a couple of Wood Green charities not too far away but to my surprise they are not terribly user friendly...there are a couple of cats I have my eye on hoping to 'reserve' one at the weekend so we can meet them on Monday.
Oh thats really a great step forward for all of you and especially Harry. I am very excited for you meeting your new fur baby/babies. Maybe it will be like us, went for one came away with two that needed homing together. Cant wait for pics. Good old Harry he is a gentle giant.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good old Harry he is a gentle giant.
He's a real sweetheart PM a clumsy heavy footed sweetheart but his big heart is in the right place...no idea what cats they will have when we get there...hoping to reserve one I have seen but whatever happens I'm sure we'll find a gorgeous KitKat that needs a good home getting more excited than the girls.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I want to start by apologising to those who are finding their sleeping hours robbed,
No need to apologise, enjoy sleeping. Most of my life I have always though sleep to be a waste of time and burnt my candles at both ends, I know that it isn't healthy but there always feels so much to fit in and so little time in which to do it. However this recent denial of sleep really is a step to far.

Of course I wouldn't complain if you would like to send me some of your sleep. :hilarious:

Reactions: DJC3 and SaskiaKC

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FB_IMG_1565813211044.jpg

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning to the early crowd followed by good morning to one and all. A 5.5 for me today and another short nights sleep before a busy day.
@gennepher I admire your tenacity and thank you for such interesting observations. Well done on achieving a better understanding on how to control this awful Type2, brilliant.@ianpspurs and @dunelm hugs and empathy for the lack of sleep.

I am still learning such a lot and still baffled by much of what my pet Dracula tells me. At the moment I find long fasts raise my readings but like @dunelm and I suspect others a snack on cheese or nuts before sleep helps to lower them. Too much protein can raise them significantly. I have not yet been brave enough to try pastry, pasta, chips, crumble puddings, oh for a Rhubarb Crumble or bread and butter pudding, and bread in any amount spikes me. Of course I have no idea what goes on between readings, would like a Libra Sytem but am not sure I can stretch my finances to self funding without curtailing other pleasures of living but it may be the only way forward, we shall see.
Dr unwin prescribed one for a short time (14 days I think) to a t2d with uncontrolled bs. Worked amazingly well. You would get a good idea in a month for sure. They are brilliant.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 after a wonderful evening last night with hubby in solihull. I had quarter popadom, chicken tandori which was basically half a chicken smothered in fried onions and spices. Absolutely delicious. I had a small spoon of pilau rice. Tiny corner of naan bread. 3 glasses of wine (BYO). And a coffee with floating cream (they sweetened it!). Results attached from libre for info. Higher than usual but expected higher. Meal was amazing. And it's good to let your hair down now and again..it was nice having something different. Going to start doing some of the low carb recipes from my cookery book soon.

Birmingham motorhome exhibition today window shopping. Catching up on forum while hubby drives us home. 238 posts to go!

The 2nd rise on graph was the coffee!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191016-183333_LibreLink.jpg
    Screenshot_20191016-183333_LibreLink.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 225
  • Screenshot_20191016-184544_LibreLink.jpg
    Screenshot_20191016-184544_LibreLink.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 224

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Did anyone watch Eat well for less? SHOCKED AT THE ADVICE THE DIETICIAN GAVE TO THE 2 T2Ds! BBC - no words!!!