What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

Sun out first thing.Another look for my red dragon.
But no sight of him. More holes being dug..more garden being rearranged...

Flowers out, mostly yellows, but pink flowers and blue flowers just emerging.

Nighttime wildlife video
Badger & Fox & Cat
25 secs

I have just taken last night's SD cards out, and will check them this afternoon. There was obviously an awful lot of activity in my garden last night like the whole of the countryside was in it.... I'll post in the morning if there's anything interesting...

Creative is the yellow flowers on my bay tree. It is massive and it has loads of yellow flowers. It is at least 30 feet tall and it's planted in totally the wrong location but it has thrived really well there. It is hit full force by the powerful sea winds, we have....
You've guessed it, J bought it for me. I have several bay trees that J bought me, he advised I keep them in pots. But this was the last one he bought and I had no more pots left so I just plonked it in the garden soil and left it to its own devices.... it is the healthiest bay tree that I have. when I have time I am going to take the others out of their pots, (actually they are massively big high pots which will probably work well for my new vegetable garden next year), and I will put the bay trees at the end of the garden to act as a wind shield.

Lunch time...
What to eat...
Have your best day...

IMG_6663.jpeg

Last edited:

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
6.6 this frantic footie (good) Friday.
what a horror of a day.
I pity all those like me who have traversed this excuse of a country today or the rest of the weekend.

Mrs L has an afternoon free of my input, and decided to feed the world as a couple of grandkids appeared.
And the devastation will be attacked when Mrs L is safely snoring in the morning before Mrs L rises.
why is every utensil, pot, pan, plate in or surrounding the sink, like the apaches would?
You ask the question, why not tonight?
Well in my defence, I'm knackered, and I'm tidying the rest of the play area that is the lounge, b back room and garden if it stops raining!

Gotta go. Too much to sort, including Mrs L!!!!

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
@dunelm and @gennepher thank you for sharing the art and photo of the bay tree. @Krystyna23040 enjoy sone downtine time and seeing family. @Annb I hope you didn't do much other than clean the oven.
Just a little more standing at the foot of the loft ladder to help get "treasures" out of the loft. Then sorting out which to keep, which to send to charity, which to ask Alistair if he wanted and which to throw away.

Edit: Discovered today that gr grand daughter (21/2), who visited with her gran yesterday, has developed chickenpox. I've never had chickenpox, although both Neil and Alistair did. At least, to my knowledge I didn't, although I seem to have contracted quite a few diseases without any symptoms in my life, so maybe I did. I did have the shingles jab a couple of years ago and this year, did have a tiny episode of shingles, so maybe I did have it. I'll wait with interest to see if anything develops.

Last edited:

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.2 this morning. Am amazed at the low reading.

Mr K placed a bowl of salted peanuts between us while we were watching a film last night. I just couldn't resist them nor the Montazumas 100% chocolate buttons that were calling me from the kitchen cupboard. I was expecting a really bad fbg. Really weird that it was so good.
Good Friday, 4.4 mmol on waking at 6.00 this morning.

Evening @Krystyna23040.

At weekends, I like to round off a leisurely lunch with four squares of Montezuma's Absolute Black 100% cocoa chocolate. It's the one confection which doesn't seem to affect my BG readings.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
It's 01:38. I've been to bed and got up again. Breathing difficult so I got up and now my legs are thrumming away with their restless nonsense. I've put the dishwasher on and have washing drying in the tumble dryer. Still not able to settle so I decided to check e-mails and found a very sweet e-card for Easter from my cousin and his wife, down in Bognor Regis. That was a lovely surprise. I have to admit I was getting worried about them - his lung cancer came back and he was to have more treatment and she has early dementia - but have heard nothing recently. David is one of my eldest cousins at 85 and the only one who has bothered to keep in touch. I'll try to phone him tomorrow - later today rather.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on another sunny start here in the dark and dangerous north. Another pleasing walk down and along the lower prom but found the return, up the cliff steps and back home a little uncomfortable. I will be going for a shorter walk today - all days are good, but some days are more good than others (Sorry George). Mrs Miggins will be taking The Girl In The Bubble to dancing this morning and then doing part of the Cleveland Way with her sister this aftenoon - I will be dropping them off down the coast a bit and they will walk back. Best think what I will prepare for dinner - some chicken and leeks in the fridge - that will work. Art bit - added a bit of gouache. Hope your day is on the right place on the pleasantly spectrum. I best make koffy and do some exercise - creak, creak!

1711785547558.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.6

Sun today.
The whole countryside has visited my back garden again. I don't need trail camera videos to tell me that.,,
My wormery has been raided again. It is a huge tall dustbin. I had fed the worms last night. I had put an extra security measure inside - a very heavy upturned plant pot so the badgers couldn't scoop all my worms out. So, when the badgers pulled all the duct tape off securely fastening the lid on, Henrietta, Martin, Sally, and all their worm friends had enough warning to manage to skedaddle to the bottom of the wormery and safety.

Wildlife nighttime camera
This footage is from the night before last, when I said the countryside was in my garden again. Badgers were rampaging round my garden all night. And here is a little of the footage.
Two new Badgers - one of them jumped on and off the swing with great ease many times all night. I recorded about 20 times of this new agile badger...
1 min 46 secs

Creative - another quick sketch. He looks a bit odd because I forgot his ear. It would've made more sense with his ear...but as I draw this with one line that doesn't leave the page until I have finished, I couldn't then just draw his ear. Them's my rules....

Cat Midnight woke up alarmed in the early hours, woke me up with the force of his somersault leaping off my belly (he somersaults when something alarms him in his sleep), and charged outside with the force of a cannonball. The first time he did this I nearly had a heart attack. No catflap stands a chance with him around, which is why I just have a hole in my kitchen door now...

I won't have time to look at the current footage in the trail cameras to find out what went on outside, not for a few days, because I am still getting ready for daughter from Australia...

So much to do.

I need a quick nap first. I've been awake since that 28lb black furry sack of potatoes woke me up.

So much to watch outside, the birds are very active and quarrelsome, and feeding like crazy...

Have your best kind of day...

A cuppa tea first...

IMG_6675.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on another sunny start here in the dark and dangerous north. Another pleasing walk down and along the lower prom but found the return, up the cliff steps and back home a little uncomfortable. I will be going for a shorter walk today - all days are good, but some days are more good than others (Sorry George). Mrs Miggins will be taking The Girl In The Bubble to dancing this morning and then doing part of the Cleveland Way with her sister this aftenoon - I will be dropping them off down the coast a bit and they will walk back. Best think what I will prepare for dinner - some chicken and leeks in the fridge - that will work. Art bit - added a bit of gouache. Hope your day is on the right place on the pleasantly spectrum. I best make koffy and do some exercise - creak, creak!

View attachment 66959
Pretty amazing and detailed this art bit. A lot in it...
Have a good day @dunelm

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Friday, 4.4 mmol on waking at 6.00 this morning.

Evening @Krystyna23040.

At weekends, I like to round off a leisurely lunch with four squares of Montezuma's Absolute Black 100% cocoa chocolate. It's the one confection which doesn't seem to affect my BG readings.
I do love the chocolate hit you get from the 100%. I also find that it doesn't affect my BG readings. Today I must avoid the bad stuff or my BG will go through the roof. So it is 100% only today. Have just said no to a milk chocolate truffle - which is a good start.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Fbg 6.6

Sun today.
The whole countryside has visited my back garden again. I don't need trail camera videos to tell me that.,,
My wormery has been raided again. It is a huge tall dustbin. I had fed the worms last night. I had put an extra security measure inside - a very heavy upturned plant pot so the badgers couldn't scoop all my worms out. So, when the badgers pulled all the duct tape off securely fastening the lid on, Henrietta, Martin, Sally, and all their worm friends had enough warning to manage to skedaddle to the bottom of the wormery and safety.

Wildlife nighttime camera
This footage is from the night before last, when I said the countryside was in my garden again. Badgers were rampaging round my garden all night. And here is a little of the footage.
Two new Badgers - one of them jumped on and off the swing with great ease many times all night. I recorded about 20 times of this new agile badger...
1 min 46 secs

Creative - another quick sketch. He looks a bit odd because I forgot his ear. It would've made more sense with his ear...but as I draw this with one line that doesn't leave the page until I have finished, I couldn't then just draw his ear. Them's my rules....

Cat Midnight woke up alarmed in the early hours, woke me up with the force of his somersault leaping off my belly (he somersaults when something alarms him in his sleep), and charged outside with the force of a cannonball. The first time he did this I nearly had a heart attack. No catflap stands a chance with him around, which is why I just have a hole in my kitchen door now...

I won't have time to look at the current footage in the trail cameras to find out what went on outside, not for a few days, because I am still getting ready for daughter from Australia...

So much to do.

I need a quick nap first. I've been awake since that 28lb black furry sack of potatoes woke me up.

So much to watch outside, the birds are very active and quarrelsome, and feeding like crazy...

Have your best kind of day...

A cuppa tea first...

View attachment 66960

Vincent Van Gogh in shorts maybe.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all from a verisimilitude of Spring here in Little America on Boat Race day 2024. No prizes for guessing for which crew I will be rooting but I'm pretty sure the blue team will win. One of two sports where the winning team goes backwards fastest. @gennepher thanks for sharing the creative which absolutely amazes me knowing you were determined to draw this with one line that doesn't leave the page until I have finished. @dunelm thanks for sharing the wonderful art and take it easy today. @Annb hug for the breathlessness but good news on your cousin sending a greeting. @Krystyna23040 that isn't naughty just not toeing the party line of continual mortifying our corrupt affections - enjoy responsibly as the ads say. Your post set me off thinking of Blooms Taxonomy - don't ask - but LC for me doesn't reach the affective domain which your treats quite clearly achieved - bravo. Later today should see #1 son cutting my lawns and his children having an early Easter egg hunt but first some vacuuming and dusting then tea. What's not to like in that? Hope you’ve all bought your new clothes for the morrow.

Last edited:

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
9.4 when I finally got up again (about 06:30) having gone back to bed around 03:00. Currently 8.4 after basal insulin and a cup of tea. Breakfast soon.

Neil was hoping to go to the recycling place in Stornoway today with various electrical things he found in the loft but, being the Easter weekend, we're not sure it will be open. It usually opens on Saturday and closes on Monday but this Monday, being Easter Monday they would lose their day off so may also be given this Saturday. He says he'll just load the car and go on Tuesday (a 30 mile round trip for nothing, if they are closed today - no indication online about opening hours/days to advise).

The container is slowly filling up and Neil keeps finding things we had totally forgotten like a decorative wooden plaque we bought from a bum-boat in the Suez canal in 1965. There were 2 but I think all the mother of pearl decoration fell off the other one and it may have been thrown out; like a leather coat Neil bought for himself years ago and hasn't been worn since he moved home in 2012; like a small CRT television and a microwave that he repaired and kept; like large bits of carpet from a roll we covered a bedroom floor with or a bag of rolls of wallpaper. Why do we keep these things? The wood, though, is a whole other ballgame. It seems to be never-ending, stacks of 8+ft lengths of all different sizes of wood from beading to huge planks. And I think there are still more lengths to come down.

Onwards and upwards (or in this case downwards from the loft), but first Breakfast!

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morening or Afternoon whatever, another get your bottom in gear day, no time two katch up on posts sorry.

Blood sugars this morning were 5.7

Must dash, take pills, no not the lager, medication, then away into the distance.

Have a great day, smile, break wind silently then giggle.

Just for the literate, catch and to