What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Morning all. I am 6.4 today. The best its been for over a month. Odd really cos we are really stressed at the old ladys home. My oh was made redundant (again) last week. This is the 4th time in the last few years, but the older we get the harder it gets to find work.
2018 has not been good to us so far.:(

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning....7.1 this morning!!Had a few more carbs than usual yesterday so today is a new day,I'll not beat myself up.Hubby is finally on the mend,just so thankful our home is single storey and there haven't been stairs to climb.
@karen8967 Take care Karen,that 2.6 is low.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hope you are ok Karen.
Im fine thanks phil i over treated as usual must be a monday thing
09b0d5cdb216e207fbed39c99737e537.jpg

Reactions: philchap1

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
good morning all :)

4.6 today

hmmf, It's not so easy tweaking my diet for maintainance, I managed to put on half a kilo this week :( , at least my fasting bg average stayed fairly similar to the last couple of weeks. Had a good walk yesterday with mum's little dog though :)

All in all it's a work in progress ;)
Hi @geefull know what your up against I keep trying different things a a few extra carbs has I'm happy with my weight but they just seem to spike my BG it's trial and error, may take a look at diet doctor or the Akins maintenance diet. Good luck! K

Reactions: ziggy_w

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Im fine thanks phil i over treated as usual must be a monday thing
09b0d5cdb216e207fbed39c99737e537.jpg
The picture is hopefully not a reflection of your weekend Karen! Haha! Glad your on top of things take care and have more water with it next time!

Reactions: karen8967

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning everyone
Not much time to do my BG
Around 6.30 this morning it was 6.7
Been out to vets with one of our dogs for 8.30 then onto doctors to let them know I'm in hospital on 15/2/18 then another longish car drive to pickup an online order later. It's mad today,think I'll get myself something to eat first and a drink coffee, will see you all later on! K

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Bit too low for me but good luck! K
I know I feel fine at 3.1 and have seen a liver dump kick in at this level. I think my natural non-exercise level is around 4.4 for FBG, but I do get a really good GLUT4 uptake of glucose with heavy weights.