What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
I don't want to get into any arguments as I have only been here for five minutes, however any other forums I have been on have requested that posters stay on topic and even though this is the discussions thread I would assume the same applies here.

Title of thread being "What was your fasting blood glucose number this am?" which seems pretty straightforward to me...mine was 7.2 this morning, going down.

Check in with you all tomorrow :)

mehdave

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rubbish doctors who dont listen. Unclean hospitals
And back on topic Mine this morning was 5.9 seems to be the normal for me in the morning. Sometime a little higher but nothing drastic. I tend to snack before bed at around 3am

ailz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
people that make me panic. Racism - in fact most 'isms'
Mine was 7.5. It's usually higher in a morning than any other time - but not that high. I think I got hungry in the night - ate at 5pm - bed at 6.30 and tested at 8.30 am - so will have a measure of DP.

I like this thread and have been following it, but not posting - certain people on here make me nervous :oops: - so I usually wait for their views (then they usually leave) and I can then post.

Cheers
Ailz

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Might as well put mine down too:

5.9 fasting
Then but not straight away after fasting test: 1 Greek joghurt as usual and multiple coffees with cream
6.6 more than 2 hours later

This doesn't make sense to me because yesterday, with the same breakfast, my levels came out 0.1 different which to me meant that my breakfast was ideal. Not so today :?

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Morning all! (just!)

5.3 at 08:30. I had one of those rare days yesterday when every single reading was 5.2. I agree with the earlier posts - weird :shock: . I'm sure it's something to do with these painkilers.

Viv 8)

Sue o2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Morning all, 5.3 this morning, have a good sunday all :D

Sue

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
Afternoon all :)

Mine was 5.3.. i'm getting a little weary that i'm heading to the low side in the early hours so 3am testing it is..

paula1974

6.3 for me this morning. Frustrating as usually in the 4s but at least its not too high.
Yesterday was 3.6 :oops: But woke up late
Paula

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
5.4 (very close to the 5.3 yesterday).
Still a bit unreal.

Sue o2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Good morning all,
Sue

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
6.1 fasting
6.9 2 hours later. Shouldn't have gone up that much :(
Have a nice day everyone :)

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
6.8 first thing.
I knew it was too good to last :-(
Still, better than I have been seeing except for the last couple of days.
Maxed out on beany stew yesterday (bungo) and have now lost 1lb.
So swings and roundabouts as usual

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
5.7 at 07:30 - up a bit on the previous two days. Maybe too many strawberries! :wink: :lol:

Viv 8)

ebony321

Dislikes
i LOVE strawberries, i can't eat many without having to take insulin though.

I have found i can eat a small golden delicious apple with minimal effect yummy! :)

skybird

I have type 2 and have been on insulin for 12 days now, first thing my reading was 13.7 but that was after I washed, washed my hair and dressed didnt know that the rading might be lower if I did it before I got up. The reading this morning was higher than the last 12 days readings, but when I injected last night in my thigh it hurt and stung quite badly, which it never has before. Did I do something wrong? Cant ask my diabetic nurse, shes away now till mid september so I have to cope on my own. Any help would be appreciated.

ebony321

Dislikes
skybird said:
I have type 2 and have been on insulin for 12 days now, first thing my reading was 13.7 but that was after I washed, washed my hair and dressed didnt know that the rading might be lower if I did it before I got up. The reading this morning was higher than the last 12 days readings, but when I injected last night in my thigh it hurt and stung quite badly, which it never has before. Did I do something wrong? Cant ask my diabetic nurse, shes away now till mid september so I have to cope on my own. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Skybird,

What sort of insulin are you using?

If this reading is irregular for you and you experienced the stinging with your injection, maybe you hit something like a nerve or scar tissue from previous use that could have affected the absorption of your insulin resulting in a high reading.

You won't have to cope on your own as you can come here and ask for advice or support and someone will always take the time to answer your questions and thoughts. So don't worry.

Keep to the same regime you are on and test again tomorrow, better to test when you get up then later on before you have breakfast.

Hopefully you will keep a diary so you can keep track of your results and spot any patterns that may indicating needing to alter doses.

I personally wait a few days before altering anything after exploring other factors before coming to the conclusion i need to alter my insulin dose.. The exception to this is if i am hypo during the night, if this happens i immediately reduce the necessary insulin.