What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning (just) All. 6.7 at 07.45 then fasted for blood test at 08.40 to check my thyroid after months of significant hair loss. Just before she inserted the needle I said this is for thyroid isnt it? No its your Hba1c and lipids panel luvvie says she. No way says I thats not due till mid Dec and could be my Christmas present to myself. So then the band comes off my arm and she downs tools because she has no form to do thyroid despite message by phone to me from the Dr 4 weeks ago. Are you sure you dont want your HbA1c done she asked as I put my coat on....oh go on then I’ll check your thyroid since your here. Som I derobed and she did. Am I going/gone mad?
PS. After a FBG like this mornings I as in no mood for an HbA1c.
Hoping for good results for you it’s tough when you’re not prepared.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well as predicted the film was indeed incredible and I sobbed - although the gentleman sat in front of me was definitely sobbing louder. And my darling husband was super supportive of my no carbs and didn’t order nachos. His support didn’t quite make it all the way home as a large quarter pounder meal was apparently calling him :rolleyes: Wide awake so have a feeling it’ll be one of my 2 hours sleep if I’m lucky kind of nights, but goodnight to all of you :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well as predicted the film was indeed incredible and I sobbed - although the gentleman sat in front of me was definitely sobbing louder. And my darling husband was super supportive of my no carbs and didn’t order nachos. His support didn’t quite make it all the way home as a large quarter pounder meal was apparently calling him :rolleyes: Wide awake so have a feeling it’ll be one of my 2 hours sleep if I’m lucky kind of nights, but goodnight to all of you :)

Now I'm hungry! :)