What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for the solidarity Bubbsie. It takes a lot but I did sit in the car and cry with sheer frustration.
Once you've thought about it PM...you can decide how to tackle her total lack of compassion towards those that are in her care...sight is such a precious gift...almost as if she implied well you're diabetic what do you expect...if it wasn't non PC I might say she was an absolute s**t...so I won't say it...but she was.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Once you've thought about it PM...you can decide how to tackle her total lack of compassion towards those that are in her care...sight is such a precious gift...almost as if she implied well you're diabetic what do you expect...if it wasn't non PC I might say she was an absolute s**t...so I won't say it...but she was.

I agree, and her treatment of you totally sucks, @PenguinMum .

Dark Horse

@Dark Horse rhanks so much for your comments. I dont know for sure whether I had an OCT scan and dont know what a slit-lamp is either. All I know is there was no interaction, not interested in me, not interested in the fact I have had blurry vision and in and out of focus for at least 6 weeks. I dont expect any comeback I wasnt referred by GP but my new independent opticians after Specsavers wouldnt accept I couldnt see through my new glasses. I dont often get mad but this has been very poor service.
Your GP should be informed of the results even if you were referred by an optician - I would ask for a copy of the results.

An OCT examination may look like this:-
A slit-lamp examination may look like this:-

If you did have an OCT and your results comeback as normal, or just background retinopathy, it means that you blurriness is not related to problems in your retina. If so, it might be worth trialling artificial tears in case the blurriness is caused by inadequate tear film.

Reactions: ziggy_w

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh, OK. I’m flying to Düsseldorf in April so will check that out. Thank for the info.

Bigger than usual by all accounts. And super delicious.

Attachments

• 20190131_125055_resized.jpg
    20190131_125055_resized.jpg
    541.8 KB · Views: 123

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. It’s a 3.8 for me today. For the first time my ketones are higher than FBG - 4.6. Putting these FBG numbers down not just to a month of carnivore but also improved sleep. Looking forward to the weekend. Have a good Friday all.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Right now my BG is probably through the roof, if stress raises BG.

IT's the first of the month. I tried to call my bank to check my account info, as I ALWAYS do on the first of the month. The phones are down. They ring and ring and ring and then just go dead. I have tried to get a status report from Twitter, FB, and Google, but nothing. I don't have online access because every time I have tried to set up online access the website can't do it, and even the bank rep who tried to help me last time couldn't get past the website's blocks. So phone is my only access.

I need to pay rent, buy groceries, and take the KittenCat to the vet for her checkup and I can't access the bank to make sure my direct deposits went through. It's such a powerless feeling to not be able to do what I need to do just because some automated system is down. Feels like the whole grid is down. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Reactions: philchap1

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 today, I’m up unusually early but enjoying the snowy view with a nice pot of tea.
@karen8967 I’ve just had an early morning laugh watching the cat obviously not enjoying walking in the snow - she went a couple of yards away from the back door then tried to pick her way back in again treading in her own footprints.

@Goonergal what great results from your month of carnivory. How are you celebrating the end? A Lidl roll would fit the bill.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.3 today, I’m up unusually early but enjoying the snowy view with a nice pot of tea.
@karen8967 I’ve just had an early morning laugh watching the cat obviously not enjoying walking in the snow - she went a couple of yards away from the back door then tried to pick her way back in again treading in her own footprints.

l.

Is her name Wenceslas or Page?

Reactions: HarryBeau