What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Hodge1960

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The lowest yet 5.7...maybe that's because I am fasting for bloods to be taken this morning..down from 10.7at 9.45 pm last night...maybe that is it ...don't eat= lower reading lol;)

Reactions: 6 people

Stallen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Grumpy folk
So 7.0 this morning. That's after been up for around 30 mins, should I test FBG before getting out of bed? Trying out porridge with chai seeds and raspberries for breakie, I'm #LCHF but no spike at all yesterday so trying again to be sure. Will test again at 9am.
Some say it works better to test before getting out of bed and your body kicks into get up and go mode, personally I try within 5-10 mins of getting out of bed as sometimes it can take my idle brain that long to wake up enough to do the morning basics. 30 mins i would have thought the body will have released it morning boost to BG.

Reactions: 5 people

Finsky

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
MOOOORNING!! ...something is happening here..4.6 :) !!! And it has been that number all night. In fact I had to eat APPLE during night as I feared I might go too low...and it didn't cause NO SPIKE!!!! Marvelous! This low(er) carb eating is starting to pay back now. I don't miss bread, pasta etc...I do miss my fruit that I've had to cut back drastically.

Reactions: 4 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
MOOOORNING!! ...something is happening here..4.6 :) !!! And it has been that number all night. In fact I had to eat APPLE during night as I feared I might go too low...and it didn't cause NO SPIKE!!!! Marvelous! This low(er) carb eating is starting to pay back now. I don't miss bread, pasta etc...I do miss my fruit that I've had to cut back drastically.

Reactions: 3 people

Finsky

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
GOOD morning! :D 3.6 !! What is going on with my blood?!
For second morning I've had to cut down my fasting and have earlier and more 'filling' breakkie...feeling weird having these lower readings so often, not used to seeing them on meter. On this route I can say 'no thank you..there is no need for them' for my new oncoming medication! It has to be a good thing...less meds the better!

Reactions: 4 people
P

paula.nolan42

8.2 this morning :(
I took the reading about 45 minutes after waking - should I have done it as soon as I woke up ? mind you I hit the snooze button a few times :(

Reactions: 9 people

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Some say it works better to test before getting out of bed and your body kicks into get up and go mode, personally I try within 5-10 mins of getting out of bed as sometimes it can take my idle brain that long to wake up enough to do the morning basics. 30 mins i would have thought the body will have released it morning boost to BG.

Appreciate your advice @Stallen ... I obviously need to keep my testing kit in the bathroom ready for first thing :) thank you very much for replying

Reactions: 7 people