What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

DominicLaiYew

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list
@Dave from Weeton Yes 5.5 is good. That is the magic number we aim for. If you average around that over 12 weeks it would be an HbA1c of 37, which is in the non-diabetic range.
You are doing well both with reducing your blood sugar and weight. Keep up the good work! :)
Hi there,
being a T2 newbie since 90days, i have been on a LC diet & carb counting; running 9km 4-5 times a week.
On Mets 500mg 2 times daily.
I started with fasting blood sugar of around 12-15 most mornings but now down to 7-9.( after 70- 80days approx)
My question is how can i get this number down sooner & more?
Spike are also somrthing i like to control more ( already very mindful of carb intake)
Having read almost all there is on Hyper & done the pre-requsites, i seem to be running into a brick wall/
Can you tell me your method of success?

Reactions: 8 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi there,
being a T2 newbie since 90days, i have been on a LC diet & carb counting; running 9km 4-5 times a week.
On Mets 500mg 2 times daily.
I started with fasting blood sugar of around 12-15 most mornings but now down to 7-9.( after 70- 80days approx)
My question is how can i get this number down sooner & more?
Spike are also somrthing i like to control more ( already very mindful of carb intake)
Having read almost all there is on Hyper & done the pre-requsites, i seem to be running into a brick wall/
Can you tell me your method of success?
Hi @DominicLaiYew You are doing really well to have got your fbs down from over 12 to 7-9 in just 3 months. Mine only went down from 7.9 to 7.4 in 3 months, and is now down to between 5-7 after another 3 months. It does take time to get your readings down. Some people on here have achieved really big reductions in a short time. It is going to vary as our bodies are all different.
The main reason mine has come down is a Low Carbohydrate High Fat approach to eating, and a quite Spartan diet, I usually only eat one meal a day. This, together with the LCHF, has reduced my weight by about 35lbs, which I think also helped to reduce my HbA1c.

Reactions: 6 people

asa35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
6.3 @6:45am woohooo single figures, haven't seen that for a while in the morning! And it was consistent through the night too (according to Libre!)

Reactions: 9 people

LizRayner

Hi @DominicLaiYew You are doing really well to have got your fbs down from over 12 to 7-9 in just 3 months. Mine only went down from 7.9 to 7.4 in 3 months, and is now down to between 5-7 after another 3 months. It does take time to get your readings down. Some people on here have achieved really big reductions in a short time. It is going to vary as our bodies are all different.
The main reason mine has come down is a Low Carbohydrate High Fat approach to eating, and a quite Spartan diet, I usually only eat one meal a day. This, together with the LCHF, has reduced my weight by about 35lbs, which I think also helped to reduce my HbA1c.
Definitely on v.v. low carbs, started introducing >20g carbs at each meal, bloods went up from 5.1 to 7.1 so going back to no more than 15g carbs each meal see how that goes! (Even using wholemeal everything, brown rice 1/2 cup cooked made blood sugars rise, to point of bad foot pains again).

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Definitely on v.v. low carbs, started introducing >20g carbs at each meal, bloods went up from 5.1 to 7.1 so going back to no more than 15g carbs each meal see how that goes! (Even using wholemeal everything, brown rice 1/2 cup cooked made blood sugars rise, to point of bad foot pains again).
Your heading in the right direction...i portion control proteins to 80 grams a day...with plenty of high fat and green leafy vegs...carbs = 0

Reactions: 4 people

grandadfroggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Good morning, this is my first time posting as still trying to get to grips with things. Due to other health issues things have been a bit topsy tervy for me, thankfully the old dear who used to be a nurse, and a **** good cook keep's me in check - literally. Anyway she said to say I am averaging between 5 - 7 during the course of the week (depends if I get up and have a cheeky piece of fruit when she is asleep !!!! ). Hope to check in again soon, at the moment I feel positive and quite good with myself. Thanks old girl for you help.

Reactions: 9 people

grandadfroggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Mine was 9.2, i'd like it to be nearer 5. I've just started on insulin and am only on a small amount at the moment. Hopefully when the DSN and I get the levels right my BGs will improve :D
I am a T2 and recently started on nightly Humilin 1 have found my levels to be so much lower since starting it in line with my multitude of pills. Give it time, and patience and it should work providing you follow the advice you are given . Good luck