What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

suzywakeup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Starfish18 and @suzywakeup - dawn was round mine really early as I was 6 this morning. At 2.30am I was 5.2 and I was so tempted to post that number instead.
At least that way you can be more confident that it is Dawn messing with your levels and nothing you did it didn't do?
I got up (for a wee) at 2.30 and bloods were 4.7 and I thought then, well if they're in the 6s or 7s when I get up in the morning, at least I'll know it's DP. Maybe because I wasn't stressing so much about my levels when I eventually got up, or maybe it was because I ate fewer carbs yesterday that they were lower today, the enigma of diabetes have a great day

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
At least that way you can be more confident that it is Dawn messing with your levels and nothing you did it didn't do?
I got up (for a wee) at 2.30 and bloods were 4.7 and I thought then, well if they're in the 6s or 7s when I get up in the morning, at least I'll know it's DP. Maybe because I wasn't stressing so much about my levels when I eventually got up, or maybe it was because I ate fewer carbs yesterday that they were lower today, the enigma of diabetes have a great day
Yes - you are right. It's good to know that it is the dawn phenomenon and that blood sugars have been good all night. I.also agree that diabetes is an enigma. Sometimes when I think that fasting blood sugars should be very low - they aren't. Other times they are super low when there is absolutely no reason for them to be so low.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Slept late, forget to test. Showered, did laundry, some admin, then remembered to test. 8.7.:banghead:
Been fasting since 7pm last night. Going to the gym and swimming pool and continuing the fast until late afternoon.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.7 this morning... ran out of strips, will have to wait to get some sent from Germany where they cost one third of what the cost in Denmark ..

12208299_828696440572680_7942632503841326712_n.jpg