What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

joe-90

My first test since getting the new meter wasn't very good at 8.2. It was below 7 when I went to bed. I've read about why that can happen. It fell to 7.3 within 45 minutes. I'm on 2x500mg Metformin and hoped this would have kept it down.

Reactions: 7 people

RoseofSharon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My first test since getting the new meter wasn't very good at 8.2. It was below 7 when I went to bed. I've read about why that can happen. It fell to 7.3 within 45 minutes. I'm on 2x500mg Metformin and hoped this would have kept it down.

Be gentle with yourself, this is not the worst reading in the world. It will take time for you to get to grips with what triggers higher and lower readings. Metformin is not really the most proactive medication out there and seems to work more gently than some of the other types of medication out there. Just keep testing (I fine it most useful to keep a food diary alongside my BG readings as when I came back to my old readings (transcribing them into a new spreadsheet on my laptop) I found they made absolutely no sense whatsoever and I didn't know which ones were before food and which ones after etc.) sooner or later you will find a way to work with your body.

Reactions: 6 people

scouse13

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all
fbg = 6.1 @ 0506
Jumpy legs and feet all night.
Must look on the brightside, 2 yo grandson arrives at 0600.

Reactions: 8 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
10.2 this am seriously these levels send me nuts one day 8 the next 10 nothing eaten different shakes head:bag::banghead::mad:

Reactions: 2 people