What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

scouse13

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi amgrundy
Hi everyone, 4.8 for me today so happy with this lowest ever,:happy: don't understand why though.:confused: I have been up most of the night with aching legs and feet very restless,:inpain: so thought this mornings reading would be much higher than this.

My feet and legs respond like this if bg goes much below 4.5
I take a small protein, this helps

Reactions: 5 people

scouse13

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all
Fbg = 8.2 @ 0715
Got up to late this morning.
My morning liver dump is between 0600 and 0630.
Oh well, look to the future.

Reactions: 4 people

RoseofSharon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.1 @ 8.48

Made a mistake last night and ate a tin of sliced peaches (I did drain off the syrup, obviously it wasn't enough :( ) I suppose fruit has to become a treat.....

Reactions: 8 people

plantagenet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 at 06:40 this morning. Very pleased, was expecting higher went to Loch Fyne for Tuesday Moules madness last night and had 6 French fries and a glass of red with the Moules. Resisted the bread though.

Reactions: 8 people

Finsky

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
4.4....Phewww! Finally my 'sugars' have come down again. Had nearly a week of constant 'high end of normal range' and insulin didn't seem to have much effect to bring it down?? I know what brought it on but didn't get hang of it how I could correct it.
Life is now settled back into near usual routine and results normalized too..figure that!? o_O
Oh...and somehow I managed to lost a pound!....that's weight I'm talking about :D

Reactions: 11 people

spaceman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?
8.1 this morning been in 7s for a few days

Reactions: 6 people