What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.6 hmmm not even very hard work for many hours in the gym give me space for the sinful homemade ice cream did, in fact, burn 2400 calories yesterday at the gym... .... that´s life for a type 2 diabetic... only fasting and low carb is the way to go

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
wow I thought that was a misprint till I saw that u are type 1 . Do u often get such low readings ?
Recently i have been i have to take metformin with my insulin as im very insulin resistant/sensitive so my liver doesnt kick in when im hypo but fingers crossed i have still got pretty good awareness

Shas3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It is beginning of Ramadhan holidays and i need all the rest i can. Yesterday started with 5.8 which i was happy about. I had some check ups..

Eyes for my reading glasses- they say there is no change.. so i just continue my current glasses.

Had my blood tests too - HbA1c is at 6.6% which I think corresponds to 48 mmol / mol in the UK system. Not ideal yet, but better than where it was sometime back. Not sure how much lower I can bring it to...

My Vitamin B12 was higher than the normal range.. doctor usually wants to ensure there is no deficiency but i am higher... i do take B12 supplements, probably a bit too many... Is high level of vitamin B12 problem? I haven’t had a detailed chat with doctor yet - probably next week. Maybe I should just reduce the dosage or maybe take it every other day. Any thoughts?

And this morning I woke up with 6.5
Need to get back to sub-6 levels..... !!!!!